AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Tumblr Blogs Leaking Say Anything Music (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2583542)

t.web4 01/12/12 09:16 PM

I love it. Having said that, I'm pretty pissed that it got leaked. I wanted to not listen to it, but I couldn't resist.

ianpritchard 01/12/12 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star Slight (Post 101041352)
Hipster is the new emo, duh

post-emo is the new emo

anamericangod 01/12/12 09:18 PM

Can't believe Jessey Lacey doesn't sing "Need you like fucking water in my fucking lungs." So weak. Dude swears live, too.

samsara 01/12/12 09:18 PM

Story of David and Max.

David: "Say Anything sucks"

Max: "Can you tell me why?"

David: :"You just do"

Fin.

TachyonEvan 01/12/12 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 101041212)
And yet (seem to?) go out of your way to hate on.

I'm confused. I can't remember the last time I talked about Brand New on here. And I like everything THEY'VE done, too, (outside of probably "You Stole" and "My Nine Rides Shotgun") even more than I like Say Anything...

As for Say Anything, I said multiple times in this thread that I've liked everything the band has done to date aside from this... being let down by one song (which, in my opinion, is pretty horrendous) and expressing the opinion that I think it's awful constitutes as going out of my way to hate? I'm interested in the band, so I sought out the song because I was excited to hear it and talk about it. :shrug:

wall e 01/12/12 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anamericangod (Post 101041272)
What a pussy, censoring himself like that.

Haha. Love that part of the song. Some of the most emotion I've ever heard

Jake Jenkins 01/12/12 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anamericangod (Post 101041522)
Can't believe Jessey Lacey doesn't sing "Need you like fucking water in my fucking lungs." So weak. Dude swears live, too.

because thats the same as starting a phrase that ends in a curse word and stopping yourself short

ianpritchard 01/12/12 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsara (Post 101041552)
Story of David and Max.

Fin.

they were friends for a solid 3 days or so

DevinDomino 01/12/12 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anamericangod (Post 101041522)

What a little bitch.

anamericangod 01/12/12 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophos34 (Post 101041702)
because thats the same as starting a phrase that ends in a curse word and stopping yourself short

Artists should consult you before writing the song how they want it.

my_aim_is_true 01/12/12 09:21 PM

As someone who loves beyond LOVES "Admit It!!!", I don't think this song (on first listen) holds a candle to the original or should even be placed in the same category with it. It's lacking the raw intensity and anger that virtually oozes from "Admit It!!!". That being said, of the Say Anything songs that I haven't initially loved, they always grow on me with time.

TachyonEvan 01/12/12 09:21 PM

I like this song more than "Pretty Lush" and feel weird that it's being brought up in convo here, haha, because that song is misogynist and scary and fucked-up beyond my wildest nightmares.

Jake Jenkins 01/12/12 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anamericangod (Post 101041832)
Artists should consult you before writing the song how they want it.

whatever. he can write what he wants. i don't HAVE to like it.

neo506 01/12/12 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tachyonpython (Post 101041562)
I'm confused. I can't remember the last time I talked about Brand New on here. And I like everything THEY'VE done, too, (outside of probably "You Stole" and "My Nine Rides Shotgun") even more than I like Say Anything...

As for Say Anything, I said multiple times in this thread that I've liked everything the band has done to date aside from this... being let down by one song (which, in my opinion, is pretty horrendous) and expressing the opinion that I think it's awful constitutes as going out of my way to hate? I'm interested in the band, so I sought out the song because I was excited to hear it and talk about it. :shrug:

So the lyrics to this are "childish beyond childish" but "He's like a Wal-Mart version of you" gets a pass?

DevinDomino 01/12/12 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsara (Post 101041552)
Story of David and Max.

Fin.

WOW, this "David" seems like a real b-hole.