AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Tumblr Blogs Leaking Say Anything Music (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2583542)

The Personist 01/13/12 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaplainTappman (Post 101049642)
I really, really don't agree with the censorship posts. I think Max knew exactly what he was writing with those, and honestly, I hear crap a lot less than I hear shit, and it stood out a lot more because of that. Definitely not something I think is worth complaining about too much.

one can hate the song for many more reasons than this

Jason Tate 01/13/12 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cshadows2887 (Post 101049092)
Whoah. I feel like I just spotted a unicorn. I'm not sure I've ever met anyone with a favorite Mae album that isn't The Everglow. Haha.

Haha. I think that's the one most people discovered them with. I love the Clarity influence on D:B though. I think I may go back to that disco tomorrow. Wish I liked Singularity and the following EPs more. Always felt like something I should love, yet didn't really ...

Ryan Dennehy 01/13/12 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Personist (Post 101049802)
one can hate the song for many more reasons than this

Oh I know. I'm not a fan of the song. I just don't think that argument holds any water; in my eyes at least.

cshadows2887 01/13/12 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 101049832)
Haha. I think that's the one most people discovered them with. I love the Clarity influence on D:B though. I think I may go back to that disco tomorrow. Wish I liked Singularity and the following EPs more. Always felt like something I should love, yet didn't really ...

I honestly loved the Evening one. Only one post-Everglow I can say that about.

TheCochino 01/13/12 12:35 AM

God would move up the date of the apocalypse if he saw this thread.

anamericangod 01/13/12 12:45 AM

I'd say I like D:B more than The Everglow. Both of those albums have a huge amount of emotional attachment for me.

asthenia* 01/13/12 12:53 AM

lol at how this thread got hijacked into a mae discussion.

lol at the personist, AP's most miserable, pretentious poster.

lol at sophos for getting all pissy about the word hipster.

i think it's ironic that simply by naming a song 'admit it again' max has instilled a sense of anarchy in AP. this thread is a disaster.

fearthesloths 01/13/12 12:57 AM

it really bums me out that i get absolutely nothing from the two songs we've heard. i was a huge fan of IARB and IDOTG and i liked the self titled a lot too but these songs sound really forced to me, this song especially. with such harsh lyrics it irks me that he won't say shit instead of crap, or even bitch.

i dunno if that contrast was what he was going for, but this song misses the mark big time for me. still interested to hear the rest, but so far i've been disappointed.

The Personist 01/13/12 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asthenia* (Post 101051602)
lol at how this thread got hijacked into a mae discussion.

lol at the personist, AP's most miserable, pretentious poster.

lol at sophos for getting all pissy about the word hipster.

i think it's ironic that simply by naming a song 'admit it again' max has instilled a sense of anarchy in AP. this thread is a disaster.

You got me pegged, boy am I unhappy.

LivingTheLyrics 01/13/12 01:00 AM

Shocked at how little I liked this. Entirely forgettable. 0-2 for new album tracks so far... still holding out hope.

fearthesloths 01/13/12 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhoSaidThat? (Post 101046082)
There was a time I considered IDOTG to be their best moment.

personally i think its their best record, despite how many people have tried to convince me otherwise

qwerty22 01/13/12 01:10 AM

Ya know, he probably said crap so that shit didn't appear in the song around 27 times. Maybe.

InfiniteArms 01/13/12 01:10 AM

This album will definitely be a grower. I'm yet to find an album that tops ...Is a Real Boy. I Hope this album is it.

abandonship 01/13/12 01:28 AM

i enjoyed the song :-)

billyboatkid 01/13/12 01:30 AM

Super surprised at how awesome this song is. Loving it.