AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Tumblr Blogs Leaking Say Anything Music (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2583542)

chrisCcoan 01/14/12 06:16 PM

rumor is someone leaked the whole damn thing.. ADMIT IT!

danielherzig96 01/14/12 06:55 PM

In a black hole (Steven Hawking joke!), this album is fantastic! Personal Favorites: So Good, Peace Out, The Steven Hawking, Overbiter and Say Anything. This is so much better than the IDOTG and S/T because I'm listening the songs and I'm immediately enjoying them!
Compared to ...IARB, which Max himself said this album was supposed to be compared to, it's almost there... It's missing some of the angry, ranty undertones, but live these would all sound even better.
Seriously, this is already a contender for number two in SA discography. Although nothing can compete with ...Is a Real Boy, this is up with IDOTG (where I enjoy most of the songs), Say Anything (I enjoy nearly all of these songs but not as much as Anarchy, My Dear) and Baseball (so much greatness!). Congrats Max, 'll be buying on the 13th!

Searos 01/14/12 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyKi (Post 101150762)
Haha, I was just messing with the guy. I love how you said my post was unnecessary and then agreed with me anyway though.

I did not agree with you. I like the 2 songs in both in different ways and I have not really listen to this new song enough to compare but I actually really enjoy the slower more mid-tempo nature of the album because it is new for the band. I like new direction.

SpyKi 01/15/12 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Searos (Post 101163622)
I did not agree with you. I like the 2 songs in both in different ways and I have not really listen to this new song enough to compare but I actually really enjoy the slower more mid-tempo nature of the album because it is new for the band. I like new direction.

"This post just stated the obvious in a sorta passive aggressive way."

What did this mean then? I like the new album too, it's still probably my least favourite thing they've done though.

Searos 01/15/12 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyKi (Post 101181052)
"This post just stated the obvious in a sorta passive aggressive way."

What did this mean then? I like the new album too, it's still probably my least favourite thing they've done though.

It meant what it said. You said it was his opinion was not yours when he never claimed it to be anyone but his own.

SpyKi 01/15/12 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Searos (Post 101182512)
It meant what it said. You said it was his opinion was not yours when he never claimed it to be anyone but his own.

No I didn't, the only thing I said was that his opinion sucked and then you said it was stating the obvious..

Searos 01/15/12 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyKi (Post 101182642)
No I didn't, the only thing I said was that his opinion sucked and then you said it was stating the obvious..

w/e if that's how you see it then fine.
edit: saying his opinion sucks does not sound better than what It looked like btw.

SpyKi 01/15/12 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Searos (Post 101184242)
w/e if that's how you see it then fine.
edit: saying his opinion sucks does not sound better than what It looked like btw.

Lol, that's just what I meant. I was just saying how it seemed like you agreed.

Illuminate 01/15/12 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incognitojones (Post 101060132)
"I hope they try to make another record like Is A Real Boy"

"I don't know, its sounds too much like their old stuff"

Can't please everyone

It's not about pleasing anyone or not. But in musical standpoint, they haven't progressed much since their first album. IDOTG (IMO) was a slight progression, but they clearly digressed with this record. I mean c'mon, "Admit it, Again" just without the curses, seems desperate to me. These guys used to be one of my favorite bands, but it seems like as my tastes evolved, Say Anything stayed the same for the most part.