AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  19 Year Old Kanye West [Video] (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2587522)

Chris Collum 01/16/12 09:16 AM

Pretty cool

Holly HoX! 01/16/12 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BusterBluth (Post 101253792)
Well I suppose this is a thread, I meant forum threads.

And what's with the hate or Kanye nowadays? He's spectacular.

Oh, I certainly don't hate Kanye, never said that. I just prefer his older music. I liked his old instrumentals and his old rapping style like this video. He goes harder and has more fun. His lyrical content now is Gucci this, Prada that. Like I said, I like TCD more than anything else he's done. That's all. He doesn't make bad music by any means - but I did think 808s was fucking garbage.

BusterBluth 01/16/12 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly HoX! (Post 101254112)
Oh, I certainly don't hate Kanye, never said that. I just prefer his older music. I liked his old instrumentals and his old rapping style like this video. He goes harder and has more fun. His lyrical content now is Gucci this, Prada that. Like I said, I like TCD more than anything else he's done. That's all. He doesn't make bad music by any means - but I did think 808s was fucking garbage.

TCD and MTDF are just about tied for me. I downloaded an instrumentals only version of 808's and I enjoy that.

Dustin Harkins 01/16/12 09:23 AM

As a whole, MBDTF is my favorite but as for Kanye's actual rapping, my favorite has to be LR. I love TCD and put it above LR for the overall sound, but his rapping on LR was so much more mature. But other than 808s and "Drunk And Hot Girls" (because they obviously don't count in rapping), Kanye's rapping hasn't ever really sounded bad.

Holly HoX! 01/16/12 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin Harkins (Post 101254542)
As a whole, MBDTF is my favorite but as for Kanye's actual rapping, my favorite has to be LR. I love TCD and put it above LR for the overall sound, but his rapping on LR was so much more mature. But other than 808s and "Drunk And Hot Girls" (because they obviously don't count in rapping), Kanye's rapping hasn't ever really sounded bad.

Feel the same about TCD as a whole. LR is straight beastly. It has of my single favorite Ye songs like "Celebration" We Major" and "Addiction"

Dustin Harkins 01/16/12 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly HoX! (Post 101254702)
Feel the same about TCD as a whole. LR is straight beastly. It has of my single favorite Ye songs like "Celebration" We Major" and "Addiction"

Kanye rapping on a Just Blaze beat was something special.

zachff 01/16/12 09:33 AM

Even back then he was rocking the tucked in polo. Props.

Kyle Thrash 01/16/12 09:36 AM

MBDTF is my favorite album of his but I can't watch this and not miss College Dropout Kanye

asthenia* 01/16/12 09:52 AM

kanye is still a fantastic rapper. people just seem to be disappointed that his subject matter has changed, which i personally am fine with. it would be weird if he was rapping about being broke, or dealing drugs because thats not his life. he's a huge celebrity, and i think it's been really interesting to watch how he deals with the dark side of fame etc.

obviously i'm generalizing here, but hopefully you get my point

Johnny Minardi 01/16/12 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perceptrons (Post 101253472)
I'd settle for this Kanye.

One of my favorites

defy_stars 01/16/12 11:53 AM

Very nice.

jornor 01/16/12 12:02 PM

lol win

freakster 01/16/12 12:09 PM

Is that the Double Door? Haha

Ollie McKraut 01/16/12 12:28 PM

weird that Kanye used to rap

steve187 01/16/12 01:02 PM

classic. not that i don't love MDBTF, but i wish he would make an album these days in this style but that would never happen