AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  ABSOLUTExclusive + Contest: Kurt Travis (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2587612)

Jack Appleby 01/16/12 10:13 AM

ABSOLUTExclusive + Contest: Kurt Travis

Kurt Travis is releasing his solo EP, Wha Happen, January 24 via Doghouse Records, but you can stream the title track in the replies. We've got some goodies too: we're giving away the limited edition cassette of the EP, and a Kurt-signed Walkman to play it on. Comment and tell us why you deserve it; we'll pick a winner later tonight.

Jack Appleby 01/16/12 10:14 AM

Wha Happen

The Prizes:

Steve Alcala 01/16/12 10:19 AM

Holy Jesus, that'd be the best gift ever. Amazing song, amazing song writer with one of the most unique voices I've ever heard. Been a fan since O! the Joy. Zen Mode is still awesome.

Keep up all the good work Kurt!

Please please please :-)

Jason Tate 01/16/12 10:20 AM

And Jack starts his absolutexclusiveness off with a bang!

PS: Lemme know if you're not on our FB page as an admin so you can post this shiz there too.

Ohaidere 01/16/12 10:22 AM

I've been a huge fan of Kurt's since he was in Five Minute Ride. I always wanted to see him gain popularity and I think that finally happened. I don't normally do these kind of things, but having a Kurt Travis signed walk-man would be a nice addition to my collection of cool things.

YoShitsGoinDown 01/16/12 10:36 AM

I'll let a bigger fan get the goods, full disclosure: I hadn't heard Kurt till his DGD days. That said, now I am a big fan of all his work, and this song is excellent. Good luck everyone, that is a neat piece of memorabilia.

Jack Appleby 01/16/12 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 101258462)
And Jack starts his absolutexclusiveness off with a bang!

PS: Lemme know if you're not on our FB page as an admin so you can post this shiz there too.

Hook me up, yo.

Jason Tate 01/16/12 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Appleby (Post 101259782)
Hook me up, yo.

Added.

aradiantsunrise 01/16/12 10:50 AM

I think Kurt's a great and genuine musician. Having the prizes would be pretty damn awesome and I would definitely listen to the cassette.

encmetalhead 01/16/12 10:53 AM

When did Jack become staff here? DANG

EDIT: I knew Jack before he was a staffer here therefore I should win this prize :)

Eich696 01/16/12 10:53 AM

I deserve to win that cassette because my other cassette player broke and I can't listen to my Kenny G. Breathless cassette anymore..

jornor 01/16/12 10:54 AM

I have followed Kurt's work for sometime now, I only got to see him perform one time live. It was amazing though. I was supposed to see him recently with A Loss For Words, Dance Gavin Dance, A Lot Like Birds tour but that fell through because of.. Well we all know. I'd love the prizes, especially as I collect vinyl/tapes

GetUpAndrew 01/16/12 11:00 AM

Wow, sweet voice.

Thomas Nassiff 01/16/12 11:02 AM

Damn that is a gnarly prize haha. Good job Jacky Poo.

tyramail 01/16/12 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buhbee94 (Post 101258392)
Holy Jesus, that'd be the best gift ever. Amazing song, amazing song writer with one of the most unique voices I've ever heard. Been a fan since O! the Joy. Zen Mode is still awesome.

Keep up all the good work Kurt!

Please please please :-)

i was going to comment here and say that this would be amazing to have, but now i am just gonna say, let this kid have it!