AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  What Albums Are You Anticipating? Tell us! (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2589052)

Jason Tate 01/17/12 10:08 AM

What Albums Are You Anticipating? Tell us!

Yesterday we launched our "Most Anticipated of 2012" feature where we highlighted the albums that the AP.net staff are most looking forward to this year. Along with it we launched a new reader poll where we ask you - the reader - what albums you are anticipating for the year. Today I want to highlight this section and make sure everyone votes in the poll. The more of our readers that vote, the more accurate portrait we'll have. I checked the results a few minutes ago ... and at the moment the top five looks like this:

Early Returns: Most Anticipated Results
1) Paramore
2) Yellowcard
3) Fun.
4) Brand New
5) Motion City Soundtrack

With Yellowcard in second place, they have a legit shot at topping this thing two years in a row. Also, feel free to send this link around and have your friends vote. The races are heating up ...

maxswellrevenge 01/17/12 10:14 AM

im excited for i call fives, three cent cinema, freshman 15, blessed by a broken heart, & such gold's full lengths, as well as junes not faking & believe you me's new ep's!

and who is seriously anticipating paramore's new album? NO one i know talks about them anymore, i never hear about them, once the farro brothers quit i think 90% of their fan-base gave up on them.

zachff 01/17/12 10:19 AM

Incredibly surprised to see Paramore leading this list.

And evidently people don't know how to properly spell Gaslight Anthem, because that's the only excuse I can think of for them not being up there.

Nap 01/17/12 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zachff (Post 101329182)

And evidently people don't know how to properly spell Gaslight Anthem, because that's the only excuse I can think of for them not being up there.

Yes, it's the only reasonable explanation.

nivek87 01/17/12 10:27 AM

My most anticipated would probably have to go Bruce Springsteen, The Gaslight Anthem, The Menzingers, Mumford and Sons, and Rocky Votolato.

Jason Tate 01/17/12 10:27 AM

Quote:

It's number 7. Hahha, behind Say Anything, at the moment.

jdr277 01/17/12 10:27 AM

Modest Mouse and The Shins should be up there. I'd say Say Anything too if I hadn't already heard it and been disappointed already lol!

J.Dick 01/17/12 10:28 AM

Hot Water Music, Menzingers, Against Me, Holy Mess

rsk423 01/17/12 10:29 AM

I'm so damn happy and proud to see Motion City Soundtrack coming in at #5. Between their release and The Company We Keep, I'm sure Justin will have a great year!

esposimi 01/17/12 10:29 AM

I want another album like Riot!

That is all.

CluckyB 01/17/12 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 101329592)
It's number 7. Hahha, behind Say Anything, at the moment.

But "The Gaslight Anthem" is 12, "Gaslight" is 14 and "TGA" is 19, right? =P

Jason Tate 01/17/12 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CluckyB (Post 101329772)
But "The Gaslight Anthem" is 12, "Gaslight" is 14 and "TGA" is 19, right? =P

Hahah.

The way I wrote the script to tally the results, it accounts for things like that (well, not TGA), but misspellings and "the" stuff. I'll also manually make sure it gets all checked when we post the final results.

That album is going to fuckin rule.

alliswell31 01/17/12 10:34 AM

Quote:

I feel that the same thing must be going on for Limp Bizkit, come on people, it's bizkit not biscuit!

LPcatitoRJA 01/17/12 10:34 AM

Adestria, The Early November, Brand New, Every Time I Die
these are all I can remember off the top of my head

irthesteve 01/17/12 10:35 AM

Surprised Yellowcard is so high