AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Memoryhouse Free Download (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2610162)

Kyle Huntington 02/01/12 04:56 AM

Memoryhouse Free Download
 
Memoryhouse are giving away another free track from their forthcoming album The Slideshow Effect. Download "Walk With Me" here.

nickstetina 02/01/12 06:37 AM

Clicked on this thinking it was Memory Tapes for a second, haha. Buttt, after checking out "Walk With Me" I'm certainly interested in checking out the whole album when it comes out.

ChaseTx 02/01/12 06:50 AM

I rather like it. Wish I still had a computer to put this on my calm playlist

Eva Friedman 02/01/12 07:30 AM

I can't wait for people to hear this album

seimagery 02/01/12 08:41 AM

First album I've been anticipating from 2012.

cwhit412 02/01/12 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eva Friedman (Post 102214832)
I can't wait for people to hear this album

I know you've heard it too, and I feel a little crazy, but do you hear a little Lydia in it? I don't know...it somewhat reminds me of Illuminate, even though I know the genres really aren't even that close.

Eva Friedman 02/01/12 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwhit412 (Post 102220872)
I know you've heard it too, and I feel a little crazy, but do you hear a little Lydia in it? I don't know...it somewhat reminds me of Illuminate, even though I know the genres really aren't even that close.


Personally, no. But I guess I could see where someone could hear that. I get more of a "this is what She & Him would sound like if they made more modern sounding music" vibe. But that's mainly because of the vocals.

cwhit412 02/01/12 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eva Friedman (Post 102221072)
Personally, no. But I guess I could see where someone could hear that. I get more of a "this is what She & Him would sound like if they made more modern sounding music" vibe. But that's mainly because of the vocals.

Makes sense. I don't know...just in the feel of the songs.
I always make really awful connections, and I was curious if I was the only one who made this one. Guess so, hahaha.

Eva Friedman 02/01/12 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwhit412 (Post 102221322)
Makes sense. I don't know...just in the feel of the songs.
I always make really awful connections, and I was curious if I was the only one who made this one. Guess so, hahaha.

Yeah, sorry, I don't hear it haha

cwhit412 02/01/12 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eva Friedman (Post 102221522)
Yeah, sorry, I don't hear it haha

No worries.
(excuse to give more responses to this so people will actually pay attention)

SmeezyBeezy 02/01/12 10:15 AM

Love her voice, been waiting for this full length a long time.

Holly HoX! 02/01/12 10:50 AM

This band.

kazuma_ootaro28 02/01/12 12:53 PM

It's better than "The Kids Were Wrong" (though that track gets good after a couple of listens).