AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  fun. On The Cover Of Billboard (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2653692)

Jonathan Bautts 03/02/12 07:56 PM

fun. On The Cover Of Billboard

The cover article Billboard did about fun. can be found here, which confirms "Some Nights" will be the next single.

WhoSaidThat? 03/02/12 08:00 PM

So awesome. And the title track's gotta be a great single choice, too.

blimpcityhero11 03/02/12 08:01 PM

Best song on the album... "All Alright" would be a solid choice too.

riskybusiness 03/02/12 08:03 PM

honestly thought 'all alone' would be the next single. oh well, this is a good choice too!

neo506 03/02/12 08:08 PM

Huge I tell ya!

Qadriyyah 03/02/12 08:11 PM

Aww they look so handsome! Good article and I'm very happy to know the Some Nights is the next single. My favorite from the album and the perfect choice to keep the momentum going.

bobsheiskawy 03/02/12 08:13 PM

just starting listening to the album for around the 15th time, and something popped into my head. anyone think the lines "the other night, you wouldn't believe the dream i just had about you and me: i called you up and we both agreed. it's for the best you didn't listen, it's for the best we get our distance" could be about sam means? i know they come across like some sort of relationship-related thing, but i think they could also apply to that.

Mistle 03/02/12 08:16 PM

One of the best songs on the album, but I'm not sure how it'll go as a single. Especially as the album has more radio-friendly tracks.

Matty Ice 03/02/12 08:20 PM

I see Some Nights being a hit! I have had many a solo dance parties to that song.

Also, what a dapper group of fellas.

CavanaughPark 03/02/12 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsheiskawy (Post 104079152)
just starting listening to the album for around the 15th time, and something popped into my head. anyone think the lines "the other night, you wouldn't believe the dream i just had about you and me: i called you up and we both agreed. it's for the best you didn't listen, it's for the best we get our distance" could be about sam means? i know they come across like some sort of relationship-related thing, but i think they could also apply to that.

I don't think so. Nate and Sam are still good friends. I think it's more about an old girlfriend (ahwuqns cough Becca cough) that he's trying to leave behind because he has a new relationship.

LivingTheLyrics 03/02/12 08:33 PM

This will be interesting. I love this song personally, but with the not-so-traditional song structure and the vocoder stuff it's going to be very interesting to see how this fares with the general radio listener base. It's pretty daring stuff to put out as a single.

LivingTheLyrics 03/02/12 08:35 PM

Also, I know it's a bonus track, but I would LOVE to see Out on the Town as a single. I fucking adore that track.

emery3993 03/02/12 08:38 PM

By far my favorite song on the album

stonecoldfox 03/02/12 08:45 PM

I love the comment on this article that says "lol they just came out of nowhere." It pains me that people can think this. Then again, it means that the mindless majority who gobble up singles will never share the joy of the format (and probably not even aim and ignite) with me.

roju 03/02/12 08:46 PM

Really happy for them. Was an interesting read.