AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  $4 Footlongs from P+P (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2661402)

NickIsI 03/09/12 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadjean (Post 104427352)
whats the the shipping complaints? just ordered both swellers records and the wilhelm scream self titled and the shipping was 8 bucks, but if you split that between the 3 i'm only paying 7 bucks a piece for ups and downsizing and a wilhelm scream and 4 bucks for the swellers 7" thats cheap as hell.


$4 LPs
We Are the Union Great Leaps Forward
The Riot Before Rebellion
The Swellers Ups and Downsizing (Rust)
The Swellers - Ups and Downsizing (Dirt)
Hellmouth Gravestone Skylines

$5 LPs
Have Nots Proud

$2 10s and 7s
The Flatliners/The Snips Split
Bomb The Music Industry Everybody That You Love
The Swellers Welcome Back Riders


This was my cart. $31 total. It was just about $20 for shipping. Totally unreasonable if you ask me. Should be about half of that.

KillTheMusic 03/09/12 10:33 AM

That's not unreasonable at all for that much stuff.

bladerdude360 03/09/12 10:45 AM

Picked up the Swellers' full length and EP for under $12 including shipping. Awesome deal!

deadjean 03/09/12 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickIsI (Post 104427942)
$4 LPs
We Are the Union Great Leaps Forward
The Riot Before Rebellion
The Swellers Ups and Downsizing (Rust)
The Swellers - Ups and Downsizing (Dirt)
Hellmouth Gravestone Skylines

$5 LPs
Have Nots Proud

$2 10s and 7s
The Flatliners/The Snips Split
Bomb The Music Industry Everybody That You Love
The Swellers Welcome Back Riders


This was my cart. $31 total. It was just about $20 for shipping. Totally unreasonable if you ask me. Should be about half of that.

I agree that 20 bucks for shipping is unreasonable, but in this instance you paid a total of 50 bucks for 9 records. that means each record you picked up cost you under 6 bucks. that's still dirt cheap for any record. even 7" and splits are usually 12 - 15 bucks a pop.

cshadows2887 03/09/12 11:26 AM

Just grabbed My Roaring Twenties and Farewell Continental' entire discography for 11 bucks with shipping. Amazing.

TheSpaceAge 03/09/12 12:22 PM

Got Cheap Girls and BTMI for under $10 including shipping. Not bad.

Thomas Nassiff 03/09/12 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickIsI (Post 104427942)
$4 LPs
We Are the Union – Great Leaps Forward
The Riot Before – Rebellion
The Swellers – Ups and Downsizing (Rust)
The Swellers - Ups and Downsizing (Dirt)
Hellmouth – Gravestone Skylines

$5 LPs
Have Nots – Proud

$2 10”s and 7”s
The Flatliners/The Snips – Split
Bomb The Music Industry – Everybody That You Love
The Swellers – Welcome Back Riders


This was my cart. $31 total. It was just about $20 for shipping. Totally unreasonable if you ask me. Should be about half of that.

Six 12" and three 7" records should only be $10 to ship? Maybe you're not familiar with how things work.

Regardless, after reading the concerns about shipping, I just changed our shipping policy in the webstore:

For all U.S. orders, the first LP is $4.90, and each additional 12" is $1, while each additional 7" is an extra 50 cents to add onto the price.

That means that your specific order will now cost like $12 or so.

Thomas Nassiff 03/09/12 12:29 PM

Also really hoping the name of this sale doesn't get me sued by Subway.

Thomas Nassiff 03/09/12 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buscemi Knows Best (Post 104421892)
Was thinking about grabbing one or two records, until I saw the above posts. Lame sauce.

If you literally are grabbing two records then your shipping will be $5.90. Not ridiculous at all really.

cshadows2887 03/09/12 12:34 PM

LOL at someone bitching that 6 LPs and some 7"s cost 20 to ship. Jesus.

duckingfyslexic 03/09/12 12:44 PM

Does anyone know if all the vinyls come with an instant download?

NickIsI 03/09/12 01:37 PM

Just to prove my point, here is a mock order from the Bridge 9 store that includes 6 LPs and some 7"s:



As you can see, to ship the whole order Media Mail, I am only charged $5.60. If USPS (First Class or Priority) is chosen, then it changes to $15.

If you are all claiming that my original quarrel is unreasonable, please explain how Bridge 9 can send this for $5.60 but P+P can't.

Thomas Nassiff 03/09/12 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickIsI (Post 104443832)
Just to prove my point, here is a mock order from the Bridge 9 store that includes 6 LPs and some 7"s:



As you can see, to ship the whole order Media Mail, I am only charged $5.60. If USPS (First Class or Priority) is chosen, then it changes to $15.

If you are all claiming that my original quarrel is unreasonable, please explain how Bridge 9 can send this for $5.60 but P+P can't.

Different shipping policies for different labels, that's all. You try another label, you might get charged $30. A lot of it depends on how mailorder works.

Thomas Nassiff 03/09/12 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckingfyslexic (Post 104440592)
Does anyone know if all the vinyls come with an instant download?

Most do.

saddr weirdr 03/09/12 08:44 PM

grabbed U&D and Rebellion. $20 with shipping. not too bad.