AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Live Sessions: A Wilhelm Scream / Samiam (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2668872)

Alex DiVincenzo 03/15/12 09:20 AM

Live Sessions: A Wilhelm Scream / Samiam

I'm happy to present the first installment of Live Sessions, a new video feature here on AP.net. Our premier session features a full live performance from A Wilhelm Scream and Samiam from when they played at The Middle East in Cambridge, MA on February 19th. You can watch the sets in the replies. Be sure to let us know what you think, and stay tuned for more of these in the future.

Alex DiVincenzo 03/15/12 09:20 AM

A Wilhelm Scream SetlistWe Built This City (On Debts And Booze)
Me Vs. Morrissey In The Pretentiousness Contest (The Ladder Match)
Skid Rock
When I Was Alive: Walden III
Famous Friends And Fashion Drunks
Australias
Hike
Killing It
The Horse
The King Is Dead

cwhit412 03/15/12 09:23 AM

So this is basically the stuff you used to put on your site before that is now an official AP feature?

irthesteve 03/15/12 09:28 AM

A Wilhelm Scream sound great, I'd like to see them live

Alex DiVincenzo 03/15/12 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwhit412 (Post 104769102)
So this is basically the stuff you used to put on your site before that is now an official AP feature?

Yep

Caleb Cabrera 03/15/12 09:39 AM

Is it just me, or are the names blue?

cwhit412 03/15/12 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caleb Cabrera (Post 104769702)

Not just you.

Alex DiVincenzo 03/15/12 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caleb Cabrera (Post 104769702)

That's what I get for using Internet Explorer at work. Fixed it.

Rodeo 03/15/12 09:50 AM

God, they are so fucking good. Both of 'em.

AReiss 03/15/12 10:05 AM

New album can't come quick enough from AWS.

Alex DiVincenzo 03/15/12 10:05 AM

Live Sessions is a tentative title, by the way. Suggest a better one!

prefix-core 03/15/12 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex DiVincenzo (Post 104770802)
Live Sessions is a tentative title, by the way. Suggest a better one!

Just spitballin' here, and it's not very creative but: Absolute Live Sessions? :-d I'm not joking, even though it's not much different/might seem silly.

Anyway. That show was so fucking great! It was nice--and a bit of a shock--to see the Less Than Jake crowd go off for A Wilhelm Scream. I had seen them open up for them like, six years back and people could not have seemed less impressed or amused. But that's par for the course when A.W.S. opens up for a bigger band like that, I guess, when they're even remotely "poppy" (See Also: The time they opened for Boysetsfire in Connecticut and people literally turned their backs to the stage to show their distaste...It was weird).

Rodeo 03/15/12 10:13 AM

The Set-Up.

Alex DiVincenzo 03/15/12 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prefix-core (Post 104771082)
Just spitballin' here, and it's not very creative but: Absolute Live Sessions? :-d I'm not joking, even though it's not much different/might seem silly.

Anyway. That show was so fucking great! It was nice--and a bit of a shock--to see the Less Than Jake crowd go off for A Wilhelm Scream. I had seen them open up for them like, six years back and people could not have seemed less impressed or amused. But that's par for the course when A.W.S. opens up for a bigger band like that, I guess, when they're even remotely "poppy" (See Also: The time they opened for Boysetsfire in Connecticut and people literally turned their backs to the stage to show their distaste...It was weird).

Haha we're not using Absolute for feature titles anymore. I didn't even realize that AWS was playing until I got there; it was a great surprise. Nice to see people react as well. Hopefully we'll have LTJ's set up soon as well.

PerfectChaos337 03/15/12 10:23 AM

Damn, AWS sounds great in these. They always sound great, but from the videos, it seems like they brought their A Game that night. Such an awesome band. Infinite respect and appreciation for them. I can't wait to hear the new stuff.

Fil_22 03/15/12 10:25 AM

Is that Trevor on guitar or Tom Cruise? Can't wait for the new AWS to come out.

Alex DiVincenzo 03/15/12 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PerfectChaos337 (Post 104771712)
Damn, AWS sounds great in these. They always sound great, but from the videos, it seems like they brought their A Game that night. Such an awesome band. Infinite respect and appreciation for them. I can't wait to hear the new stuff.

I think they were genuinely excited to play with Samiam and LTJ so they really brought it.

Jason Tate 03/15/12 10:33 AM

So good.

prefix-core 03/15/12 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex DiVincenzo (Post 104771462)
Haha we're not using Absolute for feature titles anymore. I didn't even realize that AWS was playing until I got there; it was a great surprise. Nice to see people react as well. Hopefully we'll have LTJ's set up soon as well.

Yeah -- A Wilhelm Scream was a late addition. I think they were added to a handful of shows on that tour like, 3-4 weeks before the shows took place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex DiVincenzo (Post 104771982)
I think they were genuinely excited to play with Samiam and LTJ so they really brought it.

To say they were excited to be playing with both bands would be an understatement. I mean, I know they've been friends with LTJ for a while and all that but...Did you see Nuno going apeshit during Samiam's set on the side of the stage? He went bananas! Other cool thing: That night was the first night I realized how influence the singer from that band had on Nuno's delivery. It's kind of uncanny when you see them side by side like that...

Ravelle17 03/15/12 11:09 AM

Opening a set with "Debts and Booze"? That shit cray.

GetUpAndrew 03/15/12 11:24 AM

AWS are comin' to Italy next month, I really can't tell you how I'm stoked.

thatwasamoment 03/15/12 12:01 PM

call it couch concert series or some shi

RyanFTW 03/15/12 02:03 PM

Mike Supina looks more and more gnarly in every video I see him in. He looks like a member of Testament now.

avengedtbs 03/15/12 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravelle17 (Post 104774802)
Opening a set with "Debts and Booze"? That shit cray.

They actually open with it quite frequently. I was gonna say that's a shorter setlist for AWS but didn't realize they were supporting LTJ. To say that I'm stoked to see them in Rochester in a month and a half would be the understatement of the decade. Now that I've seen No Trigger, they're easily number 1 in bands I want to see live.

Jake Jenkins 03/15/12 03:01 PM

i need to see AWS live

Jake Jenkins 03/15/12 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwhit412 (Post 104769102)

what in the actual fuck is wrong with you?

cwhit412 03/15/12 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophGod (Post 104794882)
what in the actual fuck is wrong with you?

What was wrong with what I said?
I was just asking if it's basically the same shit. Chill your nuts, Jake.

jrm303130 03/15/12 03:06 PM

AWS are a great band and this solidifies why they are one of my favorites. So good!

ReillyVerses 03/15/12 03:08 PM

wilhelm has never disappointed me. awesome live video, and awesome opening song selection. can't wait for the new record! a wilhelm scream and the flatliners are keeping the skate punk scene alive, imo.

Ravelle17 03/15/12 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avengedtbs (Post 104791812)
They actually open with it quite frequently. I was gonna say that's a shorter setlist for AWS but didn't realize they were supporting LTJ. To say that I'm stoked to see them in Rochester in a month and a half would be the understatement of the decade. Now that I've seen No Trigger, they're easily number 1 in bands I want to see live.

Unfortunately I haven't seen AWS since my old band opened for them in 2005...I had just heard Ruiner a few weeks before the show and they blew my mind.

KingsCrossing 03/16/12 01:51 AM

That AWS performance is spot-freaking-on.