AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  The All-American Rejects Release New Album (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2680562)

Jason Tate 03/26/12 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil507 (Post 105306132)
Jury is still out for me but, one thing that I initially thought while listening, there doesn't seem to be a surefire hit single on here. Or maybe that's just me?

I think "Kids on the Street" could do well. Not sure though, the radio is not my specialty these days.

phillipjacob 03/26/12 10:54 AM

This is far exceeding all expectations

littleredhouse 03/26/12 11:00 AM

i hear raw energy in some of the songs on this album. out the door is a pretty good song

fakeyellowlight 03/26/12 11:04 AM

Wow, this is really good; I'm pleasantly surprised...

BUT disappointed that "Drown Next to Me" doesn't just close out the album. Fantastic closer- instead it's just a bonus track.

BruceWayne 03/26/12 11:11 AM

Too many slow songs on the album for my liking, was hoping for tunes with more energy and bigger hooks...

deezee 03/26/12 11:11 AM

Bleed Into Your Mind is one of the best songs they've ever written. and I agree with Jason, this is their best album. I love the direction they went in.

deezee 03/26/12 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil507 (Post 105306132)
Jury is still out for me but, one thing that I initially thought while listening, there doesn't seem to be a surefire hit single on here. Or maybe that's just me?

Yeah, I don't think this album will have a huge radio smash la "Gives You Hell". In my opinion "Heartbeat Slowing Down" and "Affection" have the best chance.

randys950 03/26/12 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceWayne (Post 105309602)
Too many slow songs on the album for my liking, was hoping for tunes with more energy and bigger hooks...

same, I was hoping for a couple "the last song" and "happy ending" type songs, but this album will do fine after they vomitted and called it "when the world comes down". this my favorite album this year so far

randys950 03/26/12 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deezee (Post 105309982)
Yeah, I don't think this album will have a huge radio smash la "Gives You Hell". In my opinion "Heartbeat Slowing Down" and "Affection" have the best chance.


heartbeat slowing down is the best track on the album

DampPants4 03/26/12 11:35 AM

eh, its ok

Acad08 03/26/12 11:37 AM

I love it. Best one since the S/T in my opinion!

BCS62290 03/26/12 11:44 AM

What a great album. So "youthful" sounding and the use of electronic drums reminds me of their first album. Lyrically I really like the album too. Great album to reminisce to

drudo182 03/26/12 12:03 PM

Been listening to this quite a bit over the past few days. I love it.

"I For You" has leaped so high up on my favorite AAR songs.

Searos 03/26/12 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fakeyellowlight (Post 105309232)
Wow, this is really good; I'm pleasantly surprised...

BUT disappointed that "Drown Next to Me" doesn't just close out the album. Fantastic closer- instead it's just a bonus track.

I wish Affection closed personally.

OldSchoolReason 03/26/12 12:50 PM

Spent the weekend with it - takes some time to get into, but there are hooks hidden throughout. Very happy with this release.