AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  The Gaslight Anthem Look At June Release Date (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2689992)

Jason Tate 04/02/12 10:58 AM

The Gaslight Anthem Look At June Release Date
 
The latest issue of Rolling Stone has The Gaslight Anthem's Handwritten pegged for a June release.

Submitted by nivek87

Jason Tate 04/02/12 10:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Photo of RS sidebar.

plns 04/02/12 11:03 AM



Also, American Slang came out in June. Didn't the lead single from that come out around March?

gonfreaks 04/02/12 11:03 AM

I really hope so, my hype is astronomical. The band hasn't let me down yet, I doubt they'll start now.

delvec19 04/02/12 11:04 AM

Great news! As well as Yeasayer, Passion Pit and Wavves!

Zack Zarrillo 04/02/12 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plns (Post 105712952)


Also, American Slang came out in June. Didn't the lead single from that come out around March?

I feel like that's also when the album leaked, no?

TheKyle 04/02/12 11:11 AM

YES!!! Only two months away.. maybe two and a half depending on exact date

Mario57 04/02/12 11:15 AM

Metric, Passion Pit, and The Gaslight Anthem in june ? boom

plns 04/02/12 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zack-182 (Post 105713322)
I feel like that's also when the album leaked, no?

That's what I felt like but Wikipedia says that the first single was released in late March. I think the full record leaked around late April?

With the major leaks that happened with American Slang and Elsie, I feel that they are going to be taking some huge precautions on this.

Zack Zarrillo 04/02/12 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plns (Post 105713752)
That's what I felt like but Wikipedia says that the first single was released in late March. I think the full record leaked around late April?

With the major leaks that happened with American Slang and Elsie, I feel that they are going to be taking some huge precautions on this.

Elsie didn't leak? I believe that they sent the albums out early to fans

plns 04/02/12 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zack-182 (Post 105714182)
Elsie didn't leak? I believe that they sent the albums out early to fans

Elsie definitely leaked about 4 or 5 days prior to release. More specifically, I was talking about when some random kid got his hands on an advanced copy and played Maryann and another song on a college radio station a couple months before release.

Edit: When you said they sent it out early to fans, i'm pretty sure that's when I was able to hear it online. Thought it was a leak.

Yellowcard2006 04/02/12 11:29 AM

Comes out in two months and we haven't even heard a clip?

C'mon Gaslight, give us something!

plns 04/02/12 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellowcard2006 (Post 105714772)
Comes out in two months and we haven't even heard a clip?

C'mon Gaslight, give us something!

They just turned the complete record into Mercury a few days ago. Realistically, the label is probably listening to it as a group today and then deciding on all the marketing they want to do with it this week. We will probably hear the first single in a few weeks.

zachff 04/02/12 11:41 AM


Cannot wait

drudo182 04/02/12 11:41 AM

Whoot-Whoot