AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Watch Bjork Perform on Late Night with Conan O'Brien (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=269025)

Brandon Allin 09/29/07 12:16 AM

Watch Bjork Perform on Late Night with Conan O'Brien

Bjork can be seen performing "Wanderlust" on Late Night with Conan O'Brien in the replies. The track is taken from the acclaimed songwriter's latest, Volta, which is available now via Universal Music.

Submitted by SJms1026

Brandon Allin 09/29/07 12:16 AM

Scoot 09/29/07 12:34 AM

A television screen really didn't offer the same atmosphere as her live performance does.

TheBaroness 09/29/07 12:40 AM

Awesome, I love Bjork

Roboman 09/29/07 01:25 AM

She seems so fucking weird...I just can't imagine her acting like a normal person. I'm still undecided about her music, her voice is a little iffy for me.

pop_hard_punk 09/29/07 01:31 AM

I love this fucking woman.

James to Feel 09/29/07 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roboman (Post 7676423)
She seems so fucking weird...I just can't imagine her acting like a normal person. I'm still undecided about her music, her voice is a little iffy for me.

she has such a sick voice.. I will say though, this performance/mix was a bit strange...
She is brilliant far more often than not.

TheBaroness 09/29/07 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James to Feel (Post 7676443)
she has such a sick voice.. I will say though, this performance/mix was a bit strange...
She is brilliant far more often than not.

Agreed, she has an amazing voice. Listen to the climax of 'All is Full of Love' for proof of that.

racecar 09/29/07 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roboman (Post 7676423)

to like bjork, you have to give all of yourself to her music.
my advice to you... go buy post and homogenic (2nd and 3rd record)
on post, the focus tracks that are a little more "normal" to warm you up are "army of me" which has a fantastic intro. and hyper-ballad, which listened to in the dark, may cause you to cry. great song. the rest of that record is amazing too, but if you want to warm yourself up o her voice, those two songs can do that for you.
on homogenic, the focus tracks that are a little more listener friendly as far as her voice and music being a little less in your face, personality wise are "hunter, joga, all neon like, and all is full of love"
those songs are amazing.

my personal favorite record of hers is vespertine. so pretty.
anyway. sorry. not trying to assume you've never heard those songs. just maybe helping out a little. bjork is amazing. i think everyone should listen to her(their) music.

TomAce 09/29/07 11:16 AM

this doesnt do her justice in the least, i just was at the msg show, and she has by far the most powerful voice ive ever heard

mynameistaken 09/29/07 12:38 PM

i watched her performance when it was televised and i don't think ive ever been more confused.....

itkeepsuswarm 09/29/07 01:21 PM

Volta is one of my top albums of the year. Björk can do no wrong

I'm sort of thinking:

Vespertine > Homogenic > Volta > Medulla > Post > Debut

-whisp- 09/29/07 02:25 PM

she is an amazing performer, one of the top artists out there

AShannon04 09/29/07 04:00 PM

Bjork is on Atlantic, not Universal. :-)

ByelineCole 09/29/07 04:11 PM

i could marry her. and be the happiest man alive.

Roboman 09/29/07 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racecar (Post 7676930)
to like bjork, you have to give all of yourself to her music.
my advice to you... go buy post and homogenic (2nd and 3rd record)
on post, the focus tracks that are a little more "normal" to warm you up are "army of me" which has a fantastic intro. and hyper-ballad, which listened to in the dark, may cause you to cry. great song. the rest of that record is amazing too, but if you want to warm yourself up o her voice, those two songs can do that for you.
on homogenic, the focus tracks that are a little more listener friendly as far as her voice and music being a little less in your face, personality wise are "hunter, joga, all neon like, and all is full of love"
those songs are amazing.

my personal favorite record of hers is vespertine. so pretty.
anyway. sorry. not trying to assume you've never heard those songs. just maybe helping out a little. bjork is amazing. i think everyone should listen to her(their) music.

Well I must say it was nice seeing a positive post from you for once. And I'll look into those albums you suggested.

joshuagilbert 09/30/07 01:53 PM

she could have done a better song off her new record.

she should have done innocence.