AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  AP.net Industry Chat: Run for Cover, No Sleep and Topshelf Records (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2695452)

thisisntworking 04/05/12 04:00 PM

All three of us will tell you Coke is better than pepsi, I just drank one in preparation for this.

NoSleepRecords 04/05/12 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeM1423 (Post 105912502)
How did you all get started in this industry?

and Chris: why coke?

interned at a label, then got hired on by their sister company smartpunk. the rest is history! labels, record stores, distribution companies, etc.

and cause coke is one of the most amazing beverages ever, and pepsi is blasphemy.

HeavenResign 04/05/12 04:00 PM

Chris/Seth/Jeff,

What's your favorite record on each other's labels?

Hopefully that question makes sense, a bit tired today.

(edited)

nmuffet 04/05/12 04:01 PM

I've been following these labels for a few years now and I hope one day to maybe start my own to give back to the community that helped me so much. Chris, I think I wrote you in particular a really long email some time ago haha. But as far as first steps for starting/working in the label industry, what do you recommend? What categories of the industry are more important (i.e. marketing, finance, etc.)?

ChewingGum 04/05/12 04:01 PM

Chris: What are the odds of a La Dispute / Tigers Jaw split in the near future?

mdlifka1 04/05/12 04:01 PM

Any of y'all looking for a summer intern?

Drew Beringer 04/05/12 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSleepRecords (Post 105912662)
shhh its topshelf, seth will get mad.

I always mess that up, but the thought remains the same!

with how many records I've bought from your label this year, I think I'll just have to purchase the subscription in 2013 haha

Adam Pfleider 04/05/12 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSleepRecords (Post 105912592)
when dinosaurs walk again.

Second question: when are you going to sign the next big metalcore band? I think it was a big move to sign Design the Skyline and releasing their last record was a big step for No Sleep, so what's the next step in the right direction?

Drew Beringer 04/05/12 04:02 PM

I'm trying to ween myself off of Coke, I've been drinking a lot of Arnold Palmer's lately.

NoSleepRecords 04/05/12 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drow Swordsman (Post 105912732)
Chris/Seth/Jeff,

What's your favorite record that you've put out on your own label, and what's your favorite record on each other's labels?

thats a trick question. i can't answer this! someone will be madddddddddddddd.

favorite topshelf release: pianos become the teeth the lack long after
favorite run for cover release: hostage calm s/t

Scuzbot 04/05/12 04:03 PM

Summa tyme

So, what can we expect from each label this summer? any potential tours brewing?

thisisntworking 04/05/12 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drow Swordsman (Post 105912732)
Chris/Seth/Jeff,

What's your favorite record that you've put out on your own label, and what's your favorite record on each other's labels?

I don't have a favorite record we've released. It's really just impossible to pick.

BUT my favorite Topshelf release is Grown Ups - More Songs and my favorite No Sleep release is probably Separation.

NoSleepRecords 04/05/12 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Beringer (Post 105912832)
I always mess that up, but the thought remains the same!

with how many records I've bought from your label this year, I think I'll just have to purchase the subscription in 2013 haha

you can still get the 2012 subscription :)

Drew Beringer 04/05/12 04:03 PM

also I have a No Sleep sticker on my MacBook and a Topshelf button on my backpack, when is Run for Cover going to send me something so that I can give them free promotion as well? haha

Adam Pfleider 04/05/12 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Beringer (Post 105912872)
I'm trying to ween myself off of Coke, I've been drinking a lot of Arnold Palmer's lately.

Only way to go!