AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  AP.net Industry Chat: Run for Cover, No Sleep and Topshelf Records (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2695452)

BlackHeartInert 04/05/12 04:03 PM

I just wanted to stop by and say all of you guys are in my top 5 labels around. Thanks for doing such a great job with your releases and signing such quality bands. I don't even listen to anything that comes out on No Sleep beforehand, I'll just go ahead and buy it knowing that it will probably be a great album.

But anyways, what do you guys think of the vinyl format? Is it just a fad right now, or do you see it sticking around for a while?

Adam Pfleider 04/05/12 04:04 PM

Jeff, will we ever meet? Why do you hate me?!

TSR00Seth 04/05/12 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSleepRecords (Post 105912352)
hahahaha. tre is going to crash this party so hard

it wouldn't be a party if he didn't

Drew Beringer 04/05/12 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSleepRecords (Post 105912952)
you can still get the 2012 subscription :)

my college loans won't allow for me to do that just yet haha :-(

NoSleepRecords 04/05/12 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scuzbot (Post 105912902)
So, what can we expect from each label this summer? any potential tours brewing?

we are doing a booth on all of warped tour with our friend nabeel selling the swag. sponsoring sound and fury festival. releasing a lot of records. planning to take over the world. and drink lots of coffee.

Thomas Nassiff 04/05/12 04:04 PM

I'm glad we can all agree that Coke is better than Pepsi, I always get confused when someone voluntarily has Pepsi in their house.

Jason Tate 04/05/12 04:04 PM

Ever get annoyed when you find a great band ... put out their album ... then a bigger label swoops in and grabs um away from you?

NoSleepRecords 04/05/12 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHeartInert (Post 105913002)
I just wanted to stop by and say all of you guys are in my top 5 labels around. Thanks for doing such a great job with your releases and signing such quality bands. I don't even listen to anything that comes out on No Sleep beforehand, I'll just go ahead and buy it knowing that it will probably be a great album.

But anyways, what do you guys think of the vinyl format? Is it just a fad right now, or do you see it sticking around for a while?

vinyl is forever.

Drew Beringer 04/05/12 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Pfleider (Post 105912992)
Only way to go!

this is a fact

TSR00Seth 04/05/12 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Beringer (Post 105912622)
I love all three labels. I think No Sleep is my favorite current label, I've bought like 7 records from there since January. I really like the talent on Run for Cover, really love Seahaven. And Top Shelf is really rising up through my "label rankings." The new You Blew It! album is fucking fantastic. You three are some of the best labels around and thank you for doing this chat with us tonight.

Thanks for the kind words Drew!

suchashorttime 04/05/12 04:05 PM

Soooo... what is up with this Topshelf vs. No Sleep teaser?

MikeM1423 04/05/12 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSleepRecords (Post 105912722)
interned at a label, then got hired on by their sister company smartpunk. the rest is history! labels, record stores, distribution companies, etc.

and cause coke is one of the most amazing beverages ever, and pepsi is blasphemy.

awesome! don't worry i only use coke for my no sleep koozie and i'm a marketing student but from buffalo looking to find any internship really with a recording label because i want to get into the music industry and i have very little musical talent!

Mckayelizabeth 04/05/12 04:06 PM

Who's dog is cuter though?

NoSleepRecords 04/05/12 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 105913132)
Ever get annoyed when you find a great band ... put out their album ... then a bigger label swoops in and grabs um away from you?

oh of course! haha. jk... shit happens. bands grow, they have to move on - its just a name of the game. i'd love for every band to stay with no sleep forever, but sadly it doesn't always work out that way. in the end i personally just want whats best for our bands.

I am Mick 04/05/12 04:06 PM

If you could put out a record by any band/artist (that you haven't already) who would it be?