AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Stunt Company PR Are Looking for Interns (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2696742)

Jason Tate 04/06/12 05:16 PM

Stunt Company PR Are Looking for Interns

Stunt Company PR are looking for interns! Want to be part of the team that sends me a million emails a month? Hahah, just messing, they're great people over there, and they're looking for interns for this summer. There's a bunch of details about the position below.
Internship DetailsDescription: Interns have the unique opportunity to learn about the music industry and more specifically, the world of music publicity a distinctive and constantly changing field. Among the many things an intern will learn about include creating press releases, media alerts, press kits, advance media mailings, creative media campaigns specific to tours and album releases, managing guest lists, and of course skills imperative for any young professional such as multitasking, taking initiative, and intermediate computer skills. Our interns will become familiar with media outlets: magazines, late night and morning TV shows, national newspapers, regional newspapers and TV shows, top websites, blogs, and webzines.

Interns will work closely with the President of Stunt Company as well as all Stunt Company employees, each with a unique background in music. In addition, when artists from our roster come to play shows, the interns will have the opportunity to attend the show as well as meet managers, booking agents and label representatives. Please check out our website and artist roster at www.stuntcompany.com.

Qualifications: MUST be a current college student, preferably taking the internship for credit. If you are no longer in college, you will not be considered. Must be positive, hard-working, detail oriented, organized and dependable. Candidates must excel at multi-tasking. Reliability to handle and complete tasks is very essential. Must also have a genuine interest in the music industry. Previous PR experience preferred but not required.

Hours: 11am-7pm, 2-3 days/week

Length: 3-6 months

Start date: Early May 2012 preferred.

How to apply: Send resume as an attachment with a cover letter to alexandra@stuntcompany.com with your availability for an interview. In your cover letter, include 5 bands/artists you are currently enjoying.

ABOUT US: Independent music Publicity Company which strives to raise awareness of music of our artists through creative press campaigns designed for print, online, broadcast, and visual media. We represent artists across a diverse spectrum of ideas and styles and work with a number of major and indie labels as well as independent artists.

JordanKTM 04/06/12 05:30 PM

"MUST be a current college student, preferably taking the internship for credit. If you are no longer in college, you will not be considered."

deal breaker

guitarguy211 04/06/12 05:36 PM

If this was on the other side of the country, I'd be applying.

Thomas Nassiff 04/06/12 09:15 PM

I strongly recommend applying for this if you're thinking about it. Great company. Good people.

Shoorty0690 04/06/12 10:27 PM

For a PR company, they forgot one of the most important parts in that post... their location.

smallfavours 04/06/12 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoorty0690 (Post 105971822)
For a PR company, they forgot one of the most important parts in that post... their location.

IA

TheRealJohnOC 04/06/12 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanKTM (Post 105962772)
"MUST be a current college student, preferably taking the internship for credit. If you are no longer in college, you will not be considered."

deal breaker

Seriously. I think the only music place that does out of college internships is Sirius XM.

Acad08 04/07/12 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealJohnOC (Post 105974112)
Seriously. I think the only music place that does out of college internships is Sirius XM.

There are plenty in Nashville (PR firms, artist management companies, booking agencies) that do out-of-college internships!

ChristianLFTW 04/07/12 07:13 AM

I would have applied if I was in college. Oh, darn.

TheRealJohnOC 04/07/12 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acad08 (Post 105977252)
There are plenty in Nashville (PR firms, artist management companies, booking agencies) that do out-of-college internships!

That sounds pretty good. I gotta check those out! Thanks!

Acad08 04/07/12 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealJohnOC (Post 105981462)
That sounds pretty good. I gotta check those out! Thanks!

Definitely! I actually did an internship at both a record label and PR firm out here (about 6 months out of college) before I got a job.

danasaurus R3X 04/07/12 01:02 PM

sounds awesome, i'll have to apply.

SkateFirm21 04/07/12 02:35 PM

hmm, if i fail one of my classes, i wont graduate this year and can do the intern...

emilyonthecoast 04/07/12 02:49 PM

is this an on location position???

MindspiN 04/07/12 04:43 PM

It really angers me that almost every company requires you to be a current college student to even be considered. This must be one of the dumbest business decisions ever made. The fact that they would prefer a student, who has 5 other classes to worry about along with internship responsibilities, blows my mind. Sure, they are being graded on it, but that really doesn't mean much. You are graded on job performance either way. An unemployed college graduate most likely has more experience and more time to dedicate to the internship without other distractions.