AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  ABSOLUTExclusive: Ascend The Hill (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2710522)

Jake Denning 04/16/12 11:21 PM

ABSOLUTExclusive: Ascend The Hill

We're bringing an album stream from Ascend The Hill, for their second full length album, O Ransomed Son; you can stream the album on their profile here. The band has been backed by bands such as Impending Doom, and August Burns Red; Thrice vocalist/guitarist Dustin Kensrue is also a fan, and also provides guest vocals on this album. You can download the album tomorrow for free here, and also purchase a physical copy of the album here. You can follow the band on Twitter, and on Facebook.

dangerofthought 04/16/12 11:37 PM

Love Ascend the Hill. Interesting seeing them getting some face time here on AP.net though. I don't think the album is up for download at the time of this post, though it will be available free sometime today. Really excited to give this a spin.

Wolf I Am! 04/16/12 11:41 PM

I can't wait! and it's 12:45, where is my download!!!!

Jake Denning 04/16/12 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf I Am! (Post 106463902)
I can't wait! and it's 12:45, where is my download!!!!

Sorry, it's open for download tomorrow. Enjoy the stream!

phillipjacob 04/16/12 11:51 PM

This is a great present for us fans, fantastic band. I really hope they get some attention from this. Thank you ap.net.

Sanzen 04/16/12 11:59 PM

These guys should be huge.

I'm personally not a fan of the ministry, but the sounds they create are unparalleled.

awakeohsleeper 04/17/12 12:36 AM

One of my favourite bands. I am absolutely loving this new release. Seems like a healthy marriage of the two previous albums. Excellent music. Thanks for the stream!

awakeohsleeper 04/17/12 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanzen (Post 106464412)
These guys should be huge.

I'm personally not a fan of the ministry, but the sounds they create are unparalleled.

That's cool that you can enjoy the music despite not being a fan of the ministry. So many people would reject a band for that reason!

rushour144 04/17/12 12:54 AM

Regardless of your beliefs, check this band out for how talented they are. Christian or not, these dudes have incredible music skills. Really reminiscent of Come Now Sleep era ACB!

syntax omitted 04/17/12 02:33 AM

I'm Jewish and I love this band. The musical talent is unparalleled. Maybe a tip to listeners who are turned off by the lyrics: instead of automatically coming to the conclusion they are singing about loving God/Jesus, imagine they are singing about a love for a person. Or rather, if they are singing about the grace of God, imagine they are singing about the beauty of the universe. I'm not entirely sure if that helps but it's something that keeps me listening.

Likelinus 04/17/12 06:12 AM

The music sounds REALLY great and i like the singers voice but the lyrics is to much sometimes. I like christian lyrics overall, there is often a great message and many cool metaphors. But these lyrics isnt the best i´ve heard, Every song is like "Jesus, i love you", "God, in heaven" etc etc.
which song is Dustin on?

Alex DiVincenzo 04/17/12 06:38 AM

Lyrics are a little much for my tastes, but the music is good.

inthemidst 04/17/12 06:43 AM

I love ATH! So stoked for this new record.

brandonisstupid 04/17/12 06:54 AM

Which track has Dustin on it? I can't find him.

_veges_ 04/17/12 06:58 AM

The lyrics are just so bad