AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  The Living End: Would Have Made My EOTY List (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2719082)

Jason Tate 04/23/12 09:36 AM

The Living End: Would Have Made My EOTY List
 
In a pretty epic fail - I didn't know that The Living End released a new album last year. Maybe I'm not the only one that has missed out on this great release here in the states. Check it out on iTunes.

Zack Zarrillo 04/23/12 09:40 AM

Never heard of them. What's their sound?

3GunGaz 04/23/12 09:41 AM

Great band, great album... I wondered why there was a lack of mention on here!!

dezi 04/23/12 09:41 AM

I forgot they existed after their tour with Blink/No Doubt many moons ago.

OldSchoolReason 04/23/12 09:43 AM

I think this one didn't make it to the states - which would explain why it flew under the radar. Checking this out now...

Jason Tate 04/23/12 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zack-182 (Post 106804322)
Never heard of them. What's their sound?

Modern-day Clash?

Rockabilly with pop-influences ... kinda Green Day-ish (I've always thought, better) or maybe Billy Talent. One of the best guitarists out there. Back in the day they were kinda know as the Blink-182 of Australia because they released this song, and album, and blew up big time down-under.



One of the best live shows I've ever seen ... and the new album is "The Ending Is Just The Beginning Repeating" ... first tune:



Band's great. Whole discog is pretty damn solid IMO.

Jason Tate 04/23/12 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchoolReason (Post 106804542)
I think this one didn't make it to the states - which would explain why it flew under the radar. Checking this out now...

It didn't. I can't even get the thing on Amazon .. the import was like 40 bucks. :-/ I wanted the vinyl ... it's 50 something.

randys950 04/23/12 09:49 AM

the only song I have by them is "who's gonna save us?" but i used to hear that song all the time on the radio, and i walked by them randomly at warped, not knowing who the artist was, i was like "I know this song!!" they are pretty cool dudes

OldSchoolReason 04/23/12 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 106804732)
It didn't. I can't even get the thing on Amazon .. the import was like 40 bucks. :-/ I wanted the vinyl ... it's 50 something.

How about Amazon Marketplace for the CD? http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new Little better, but still $22.

The melodies on In The Morning are oddly reminding me of the Beach Boys (in a good way) - I really like what I am hearing so far - thanks for digging this up!

Jason Tate 04/23/12 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchoolReason (Post 106805192)
How about Amazon Marketplace for the CD? http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new Little better, but still $22.

The melodies on In The Morning are oddly reminding me of the Beach Boys (in a good way) - I really like what I am hearing so far - thanks for digging this up!

Interesting, I'll check it out. Gotta see if I can get the vinyl somehow ... haha, without paying an arm and a leg.

Yeah, that starting harmony is definitely Beach Boy-ish.

june182 04/23/12 10:01 AM

Had no idea about this. Saw them open for Blink in 04 and they absolutely blew me away, definitely checking this out.

OldSchoolReason 04/23/12 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 106805372)
Interesting, I'll check it out. Gotta see if I can get the vinyl somehow ... haha, without paying an arm and a leg.

Yeah, that starting harmony is definitely Beach Boy-ish.

Checked Living End's website - $27 for the vinyl, but once you try to ship it here, it is $20 airmail or $13 by sea (plus an extra 9-week wait of course). Saw the vinyl on some other sites for $70! May just have to keep an eye on EBay or some miraculous Amazon sale...good luck.

Jason Tate 04/23/12 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchoolReason (Post 106806052)
Checked Living End's website - $27 for the vinyl, but once you try to ship it here, it is $20 airmail or $13 by sea (plus an extra 9-week wait of course). Saw the vinyl on some other sites for $70! May just have to keep an eye on EBay or some miraculous Amazon sale...good luck.

Haha, thanks.

arcarsenal72 04/23/12 10:32 AM

The lack of attention this band gets in the states is criminal. Missed seeing them live in DC a couple years ago and it's easily one of my biggest missed show regrets to this day.

cowlord 04/23/12 11:50 AM

I'll probably check this out. I hated White Noise though.