AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Fans Report In: Tigers Jaw (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2719452)

Jason Tate 04/23/12 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zack-182 (Post 106818642)
Err, I don't know if it's fair to write off a label and band for a minor miscommunication issue, which is all this is/was. I don't know your musical tastes, but I'm sure a few bands you enjoy have gotten into issues with this website or others you might visit

Big difference between a minor miscommunication and the way the label (and now band) handled it.

ChristynNicole 04/23/12 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zack-182 (Post 106818642)
Err, I don't know if it's fair to write off a label and band for a minor miscommunication issue, which is all this is/was. I don't know your musical tastes, but I'm sure a few bands you enjoy have gotten into issues with this website or others you might visit

That's not the issue. I understand that originally there was a miscommunication. That happens. But the excessive defensive rebuttals have been unnecessary and sketchy. A "simple miscommunication" should not spark such a response. A simple "There has been a miscommunication. At no point was any of the current line-up in question. There was an alternate obligation that took priority and the band will resume in full" was all that was necessary.

Micah511 04/23/12 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiccaflickaphas (Post 106818832)
that's the only reason i'm sad about it! i wanted another e-mail to validate my cute///fetishize my celebrity.

I hope you are as high as you were when i saw yall in birmingham, haha.

Brandon Allin 04/23/12 02:45 PM

Every post this band member has made has sucked hard.

philbylink 04/23/12 02:46 PM

i love everything about this

Zack Zarrillo 04/23/12 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristynNicole (Post 106818842)
That's not the issue. I understand that originally there was a miscommunication. That happens. But the excessive defensive rebuttals have been unnecessary and sketchy. A "simple miscommunication" should not spark such a response. A simple "There has been a miscommunication. At no point was any of the current line-up in question. There was an alternate obligation that took priority and the band will resume in full" was all that was necessary.

Jeff, hire her. She's a steal

wiccaflickaphas 04/23/12 02:46 PM

jeff, make sure you save that in a notepad document to use for our future news coverage.

why don't you guys just take down the story? we'll do the same if you want, in exchange for a 10 star review for the next three man cannon album and a bottle of next month's hot new prescription designer drug. fair?

ChristynNicole 04/23/12 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiccaflickaphas (Post 106819042)
jeff, make sure you save that in a notepad document to use for our future news coverage.

why don't you guys just take down the story? we'll do the same if you want, in exchange for a 10 star review for the next three man cannon album and a bottle of next month's hot new prescription designer drug. fair?

what future news coverage?

anamericangod 04/23/12 02:48 PM

Can't quite figure out why this thread has more than 20 replies.

Jason Tate 04/23/12 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micah511 (Post 106818682)
oh okay. i can see both sides of this. maybe you shouldve reached out to a member of the label or band before saying anything, but then if someone like altpress breaks the story before you it looks like you are going off of their information. tough call to make.

I did reach out to the label. And we got a response ... which also ended up being factually untrue. I also emailed the contact information I had for the band (did not get a response there ... got a blog post instead). It's how we, and hundreds of publications, have handled a developing story for years ... it's process journalism ... it's "hey, this is what we've got sources on" with follow-ups as more information becomes available. And, hopefully, at the end ... the entire story is out there.

On a personal side: I don't think there was ever any need for name calling ... yet both the label, and band, have now gone out of their way to handle a simple "oh, yeah, this is what happened" in arguably a textbook 101 course of how not to handle relationships. Odd way of handling it.

steve187 04/23/12 02:51 PM

great beef

Micah511 04/23/12 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 106819202)
I did reach out to the label. And we got a response ... which also ended up being factually untrue. I also emailed the contact information I had for the band (did not get a response there ... got a blog post instead). It's how we, and hundreds of publications, have handled a developing story for years ... it's process journalism ... it's "hey, this is what we've got sources on" with follow-ups as more information becomes available. And, hopefully, at the end ... the entire story is out there.

On a personal side: I don't think there was ever any need for name calling ... yet both the label, and band, have now gone out of their way to handle a simple "oh, yeah, this is what happened" in arguably a textbook 101 course of how not to handle relationships. Odd way of handling it.

oh okay. cant argue with that.

i can see this giving people the wrong impression of this band and label, but i hope nobody judges what this label puts out by actions in here, considering this is relatively petty. hes putting out great release after great release, including tigers jaw, no matter how high adam is on a daily basis.

thisisntworking 04/23/12 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Tate (Post 106819202)

I never called you name, nor do I think you're an idiot.

How did you reach out to me? Zack messaged me on facebook about the post asking if it was true and before that I knew nothing of it. You obviously know our publicist, a lot of your staff know me somewhat personally... I never spoke to you, you never asked me anything about this. I casually said to Zack in a facebook chat window that it was probably a school thing, and somehow you're turning that into me presenting false information? LOL?

EDIT: I don't want to imply Zack did anything wrong. He asked me if it was cool if he posted the rumor, I said it wasn't true, he asked if he could post it wasn't true, I said yes. Along with that he posted what I presumed the reason was. I wish he hadn't because I was guessing, but it's not a big deal.

Jason Tate 04/23/12 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anamericangod (Post 106819152)
Can't quite figure out why this thread has more than 20 replies.

Since I refused to post the "guy in WATIC is gonna fight Cody Payne" twitter story -- there's pent up aggression in the community today it seems.

steve187 04/23/12 02:54 PM

jason levin, the frontrunner of band gossip