AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  ABSOLUTExclusive: Stream Two New Set Your Goals Songs (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2720012)

CluckyB 04/24/12 12:30 PM

Set Your New Found Goals

Actually kinda liked both of them, and I haven't really been impressed by anything I've seen from these guys. Maybe I'll get their earlier stuff another listen. Their last album was just so completely mediocre that it probably clouded my judgment on the previous ones.

Micah511 04/24/12 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jess' man (Post 106878692)
Wow. So much better when the whiney vocalist isn't wailing. Drummers got some serious talent too.

seriously, that was one of the problems with BABE, they were trying to sing way too far out of their range. sounded bad, real bad.

these songs rule so hard.

AWAKE20 04/24/12 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prospekt (Post 106878062)
The second song is fantastic but I hope their new album doesn't sound all like this.

This band needs to go the The Wonder Years/Hit the Lights/Transit route and write some slower, softer songs for variety's sake. This new stuff sounds exactly like their first two albums...a third album of nothing but super fast songs would get repetitive.


Write slower songs ? Fuck that

Halpertwannabe 04/24/12 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParkAvenue (Post 106863182)
It must really suck to be Four Year Strong right now.


This is so true!

lidoscotty 04/24/12 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParkAvenue (Post 106863182)
It must really suck to be Four Year Strong right now.


Well played.

jaredohgren 04/24/12 01:09 PM

Thank God.

rawspinner 04/24/12 01:21 PM

Doesn't BABE get much better when the songs are put in a different order?

saturday_snow_squall 04/24/12 01:30 PM

so ridiculously good!

suicidalmoose 04/24/12 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prospekt (Post 106878062)
The second song is fantastic but I hope their new album doesn't sound all like this.

This band needs to go the The Wonder Years/Hit the Lights/Transit route and write some slower, softer songs for variety's sake. This new stuff sounds exactly like their first two albums...a third album of nothing but super fast songs would get repetitive.

they need to write good songs, period.

Brandon Allin 04/24/12 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CluckyB (Post 106880362)
Set Your New Found Goals

Actually kinda liked both of them, and I haven't really been impressed by anything I've seen from these guys. Maybe I'll get their earlier stuff another listen. Their last album was just so completely mediocre that it probably clouded my judgment on the previous ones.

Mutiny! and TWBTDOU are both excellent records, IMO.

i_am_near_main 04/24/12 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyoneword (Post 106861712)
Wow, "I'll Walk It Off" is the best song they've written in 2 years.

Agreed.

SILYW 04/24/12 02:42 PM

I think these tracks are better the majority of the past 2 records, I don't get what was so amazing about TWBTDOU! as an overall album, I preferred the raw angst and energy of Mutiny! and these tracks have that.

AWAKE20 04/24/12 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParkAvenue (Post 106863182)
It must really suck to be Four Year Strong right now.


Very true. I don't understand how people like their new album it's fucking shit. FYS are totally heading to the bad direction. Not SYG.

johnnyferris 04/24/12 02:56 PM

These are great!

Brandonmorrill 04/24/12 03:17 PM

I was not a fan of the last album. I can dig this.