Junior Doctor - 04.24.12
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:
1. How did you get your band name?
Well the truth is pretty boring. We were trying to think of a name one night and had some random TV movie on in the background and in the credits we saw "Junior Doctor" and thought that it would be a cool name since you can abbreviate it JrDr. But since that isn't very exciting, we made up a story about us meeting in med school and dropping out to start a band. Second one is way more exciting, right?
2. How did this band get started?
Well it started with myself (Mark Hartman) and our drummer (Jarrod Kearney) who I met though mutual friends. We started jamming together and eventually met our bassist (Richard Peidro) through mutual friends as well. Our lead guitarist (Terrence Donnelly) was actually a massive fan of ours who begged for months to be in the band and we finally let him in.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Blink-182, Jimmy Eat World, Weezer, Sister Hazel, David Bazan, MxPx, Vroom, and Saves the Day
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Same answer as the last question.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Hmmm. Well, the best food in my opinion are Oreo cookies, but that is on or off tour. Literally the perfect food.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because my mom thinks that we are really good.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Definitely Shaq! Mainly because I've always wanted to have a shaved head.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Megan Hartman, Markie, Topher, Johhny, Mom, Dad, John, Trojanowski, Mick, Charlie, Zack & Ken, Matt Goldman, Ricky & Jimmy, and then I would start scream crying and they would have to escort me off of the stage
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Well I would start by trying to find a market for Katy Perry. I mean the poor girl can't seem to get any radio airplay.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We had an FYE acoustic in-store performance in Elmira, NY. We had never played anywhere near there and over 200 people came out and sang along to every word of our single "Uh Oh". That was the first time that had ever happened to us. I'll never forget that.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It is a great place to find out about new music and to see what's new with bands that you already love. So I guess I'm trying to say I have a crush on AP.net and I want to take our relationship to the next level. Am I coming on too strong?
12. What is your favorite song to play?
I love playing our single "Uh Oh". The audience always seems to get really into it, and it's great to feel their energy and feed off of their excitement while we are on stage.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Costa Maya. I get wild in Costa Maya.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Elton John, Phil Collins, and The Punky Brewster Theme Song
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I would want to Fly. I don't really have a good reason why, I just think it would be really really fun.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
I always have to double check the mirror and make sure I'm dressed before every show. That's mainly because I have recurring nightmare that I'm on stage performing and I realize I forgot to put on clothes, and then everyone starts making fun of me.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I can mow a lawn like nobody's business. I mean, I can really show some overgrown grass who's boss.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
The state of radio changes as the audience changes. I feel like radio is actually in the process of changing right now. It's hard to say if its good or bad, but one thing that I am sure of is that radio is the single most legitimizing method of exposure, and I would like to think it is a place my band can flourish.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I love spending time with my family and I am a huge comic book nerd. My favorite comic book is Green Lantern
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I am a very good at drawing... stick figures.
Funny guy. He walked around at the venue I work at with an oxygen tank and I legitimately thought there was something wrong with him. he let me have it though, so I'll never forget him.