AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Last Call Discuss Their Former Label: Mightier Than Sword (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2728462)

Jason Tate 04/30/12 10:13 AM

Last Call Discuss Their Former Label: Mightier Than Sword

Last Call address the problems with their now former label Mightier Than Sword.
From the ArticleWe donít want to speculate, but I donít think RJ has much left to stand on as far as MTS goes. And seeing as how there were only a few acts on MTS that were actually touring, us being probably the number one act on there, I donít think thereís much left for Mightier Than Sword. I donít think it will keep going. Hopefully everybody gets their moneyís worth and gets their records and RJ can get his stuff straight. In the end, even with the difficulty that weíve come under, heís still somebody that was a big part of our career for these last 2 years and he got us into some places where we didnít think weíd go. We have love for him. We hope that everything works out for him, but weíve got to focus on ourselves. And with the way he left us in the lurch, itís kind of hard to give him any sympathy. The debt is a big thing. Another thing is that he was our manager at the time too, and now weíve cut ties all around, so we kind of feel like a fresh new band.

Adam: In our mentality, itís like weíre back at square one. Itís kind of shitty, but when you step back and look at the big picture, itís not bad. We still have all of the connections and fans that weíve made. Everything that we had going at that time is still going. Itís back to just the members of our band with no outside influence or outside help really. Itís stressful to think about, but itís not a bad situation.

Austin: Before we started writing this full length, there was a lot of speculation about whether our former guitar player, Tim Desagun, would help us write the record. It ended up that I started predominantly writing the second guitar parts and working with Ryan Stokke on writing this album. And for three months while working on it, I wasnít really focusing on what I do, which is sing. So I was getting stressed out going into recording because I only had little tidbits for every song. I didnít feel like I had much of a leg to stand on as far as where each song was going. And it was going really well, working on each song with everybody, but now that we have some time off, Adam and I can sit down and beat the lyrics and vocal melodies into where we really want it to be. I get to concentrate on singing again.

Adam: Through all of the shit that happened, it is helping us put out the best possible record we can. Thatís the upside that I see to everything thatís been pouring down on us right now.

Austin: Instrumentally, because of Paul and the dedication and time he took, it got as strong as it possibly could. Weíre doing things on this record that we didnít ever do on any other recordings, like six rhythm tracks for each song, like using different kinds of weird amps and stuff. Paul really pulled out all the stops. Sonically, weíre happy with it. Lyrically we just have to get it there which is coming together quicker than we thought it could. Hopefully this ends up making this record a thousand times better.

Submitted by timorous_me

LivingTheLyrics 04/30/12 10:17 AM

Never listened to these guys but they handled this better than they had to.

truthbetoldxx 04/30/12 10:19 AM

Doesn't buddy from senses fail co-own mightier than sword? Why doesn't he get any flack here?

schenksta 04/30/12 10:23 AM

"Hopefully everybody gets their moneyís worth and gets their records and RJ can get his stuff straight."

This worries me, seeing as how I'm still waiting for my TOYPAJ vinyl.

GreekRebel1153 04/30/12 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truthbetoldxx (Post 107224052)
Doesn't buddy from senses fail co-own mightier than sword? Why doesn't he get any flack here?

Its been said in the numerous other MTS threads that Buddy got out of the MTS business a while ago.

InTheatersNow 04/30/12 10:36 AM

Wow

guitarguy211 04/30/12 10:40 AM

Very well written. Not just pointing fingers and blaming.

shallow america 04/30/12 10:45 AM

Isn't conditions on this record label?? If so , I hope they don't suffer because of their labels inadequacy..

schmalz 04/30/12 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenksta (Post 107224212)
"Hopefully everybody gets their moneyís worth and gets their records and RJ can get his stuff straight."

I wouldn't wait any longer...

Call Pay Pal or your bank ASAP. Work on getting that refund.

CarouselBoy 04/30/12 10:55 AM

You know, I never considered how all this mess has affected the other bands/releases MTS was involved with. I wonder if his financial issues stem from the pressing or if it was a combination of other poor financial releases. I mean it doesn't seem til this past fall that he had any issues or anyone had a bone to pick with him

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenksta (Post 107224212)

Yeah dude I've held out on getting my refund but it seems highly unlikely the record will see the light of day.

Maiaophilia 04/30/12 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schmalz (Post 107225492)
I wouldn't wait any longer...

Call Pay Pal or your bank ASAP. Work on getting that refund.

THIS.

Also, if paypal tries to tell you they can't do anything because it's past the 45 day period tell them there are websites of "disgruntled" people who have gotten refurnds and ask to speak to a supervisor. If they still dont do anything hang up and call again. The whole process took me about 20 minutes, but I got my $$ back.

untitled94 04/30/12 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truthbetoldxx (Post 107224052)

He's been gone from MTS for quite a while now.

TerrancePryor 04/30/12 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shallow america (Post 107225372)
Isn't conditions on this record label?? If so , I hope they don't suffer because of their labels inadequacy..

Conditions is on Good Fight.

Gaugzilla 04/30/12 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarouselBoy (Post 107226072)
You know, I never considered how all this mess has affected the other bands/releases MTS was involved with. I wonder if his financial issues stem from the pressing or if it was a combination of other poor financial releases. I mean it doesn't seem til this past fall that he had any issues or anyone had a bone to pick with him.

I was thinking the same exact thing.

topsecret 04/30/12 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarouselBoy (Post 107226072)
You know, I never considered how all this mess has affected the other bands/releases MTS was involved with. I wonder if his financial issues stem from the pressing or if it was a combination of other poor financial releases. I mean it doesn't seem til this past fall that he had any issues or anyone had a bone to pick with him

Its a shitstorm. The guy thought he was running a real label, but he had no clue what he was doing. He used preorders to fund all the Blink releases & still missed every single release date. Then he tried putting out a bunch of other stuff that didn't sell. Even if it was only CD/digital. Also, how many people got paid working for MTS? It should have been zero, but I have a feeling RJ, Buddy, Ryan, & Rich were all paid at some point. MTS never paid a lot of the artists & labels for the releases they licensed. At least 1 label & 2 bands have never seen a single penny from releases RJ licensed & I'm sure there are more. Its shitty that he stole from individuals to pay the debts he raked up & still owes so much money that no one will press records for him anymore.