AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  William Beckett: The Academy Is ... Weren't Fun Anymore (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2729272)

Jason Tate 04/30/12 04:43 PM

William Beckett: The Academy Is ... Weren't Fun Anymore

William Beckett recently opened up a little more on the ending of The Academy Is...
From The ArticleWe were really struggling. It wasn’t fun, and it wasn’t as natural as it should be, as it was in the beginning. I could’ve kept the band together and it could’ve seemed all nice and cozy, but the reality is I would’ve been miserable. I felt a responsibility not only to myself but to the fans of the band…to stick true to my vision without compromising and not force a record out just to keep the band together.

CarouselBoy 04/30/12 04:47 PM

Makes me even more sad about their breakup. I have great memories from listening to and seeing this band

Ashur 04/30/12 05:02 PM

Really breaks my heart. Loved these guys not only as a band, but as people too, so it's a shame to know it ended like that.

Rob McWilliams 04/30/12 05:12 PM

Reminds me of Dallas Green post-Alexisonfire. Shitty situation.

deezee 04/30/12 05:13 PM

Meh, they'll get back together once they realize all their new projects are failing. Not that TAI was doing super great, but it seems like this always happens.

phillipjacob 04/30/12 05:15 PM

All the best for William. Guy has my support with whatever he does. I like the new ep and I think the three ep idea is a great idea, we'll never go long without new music and its a way to build up his solo career.

defy_stars 04/30/12 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashur (Post 107255192)
Really breaks my heart. Loved these guys not only as a band, but as people too, so it's a shame to know it ended like that.

exactly

zachff 04/30/12 05:42 PM

I wonder who wanted to go in which direction.

mkohler 04/30/12 05:43 PM

This is so sad. I'm happy that they are doing what will make them happier in the end, but it's pretty bad to think about the times I met them and thought they were really having a great time.

Searos 04/30/12 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deezee (Post 107255812)
Meh, they'll get back together once they realize all their new projects are failing. Not that TAI was doing super great, but it seems like this always happens.

Its not really failing if you consider that a TAI album would of really only been big within a specific scene of music. A lot of fans of TAI are enjoying the EPs and he seems like he is pumping out a lot of music quick so it will be nice to hear some new work. If they get back together it will because the whole band gets back together and really nothing more.

kidinthebushes 04/30/12 05:53 PM

I imagine that being one of the hardest decision someone would have to make in their lives.

guitarguy211 04/30/12 06:01 PM

Huh I loved TAI, and I love what he's doing solo. Best of luck to all of them whichever direction they choose.

MikeyJam 04/30/12 06:03 PM

wow that is sad. i remember tweets from them saying stuff like "just wrote the funnest song ever! #TAI4"

Dookie1994 04/30/12 07:23 PM

The writers weren't kidding about how all good things must end. Then again some things are far too good to go ahead and let go.

PopPunkKid 04/30/12 07:25 PM

Sucks they had to go out on Fast Times... wish they would've put out one more album, preferrably more Santi-like, before breaking up.