Dead City Ruins - 04.30.12
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:
Dead City Ruins
1. How did you get your band name?
That's a secret. If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
2. How did this band get started?
Mick and Jake met in London in another band a few years ago. Tommy, Drewsy and Blanchy have been mates for years. We all came together in Melbourne while looking for new people to play good old rock n roll with.
Tommy : Lead guitar
Mick : Bass
Drewsy : Drums
Blanchy : Rhythm Guitar
Jake : Vocals
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Motorhead, Guns N' Roses, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, The Ramones, Deep Purple, Alice in Chains, Rose Tattoo, Thin Lizzy, Megadeth, Iron Maiden
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
We were born too late. We all wish we were around in the late '60s to the early '80s. The music defined the era, where artists had something important to say, were really creative, and strived to be different. It would have been an amazing time to be around.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Petrol Station Sandwiches are all we eat
6. Why should people listen to your band?
People should do whatever the hell they want, but if you like hard rock and miss hearing bands with conviction then stick our album on, turn it up and blow ya fuckin head off
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
I'd switch with Warnie for one night so I could shag Liz Hurley
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Bands dont need to be rewarded like that for their art.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
It's the same as every industry. There's gonna be good and bad things. There are quite a few problems. One main thing is how certain websites and internet users are getting away with sharing/stealing a bands art they have worked so hard at, and think they can do what ever they want with it. How is it not illegal? It doesnt make sense to me. I believe if you want something you should pay for it. Artists put everything on the line to pursue their dream and put a lot of money and effort into what they love. Not to have it ripped off. If you like a band no matter what the genre, get to a show, buy a CD and a shirt. They're probably starving.
10. Memorable tour experience?
In Late 2011 we toured Germany, England, France, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Netherlands and even played a metal festival in Dubai. The whole thing was a fuckin' blast, but wasn't easy though. There was a lot of sleeping in forests in tents and on venue floors, limited showers, and a van that was an unroadworthy death machine. And we get to do it all again soon in 2012. Hooray. We cant wait. We were made for the road.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's by people that have a the same passion we do. They're not in this for money or fame. It's an addiction. It's what makes you feel alive.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
We have a new album coming out at the end of the year. It'll be good to incorporate some of our new tracks into the set.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Our vacation is touring. We had a great time when we toured England last year. We met some great people that really enjoyed our music and were willing to support us. It really helped. Some shows we had no where to stay that night so we had fans that gave us a bed for the night, gave us a meal or shouted us a beer.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Led Zeppelin is all I remember listening to as a kid. All of us in the band were lucky enough to to stumble across our parents record collection. Those albums changed our lives for ever. That stuff never leaves you.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Go - Go gadget cock.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
A few frothys to calm the nerves,
17. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Who knows what the future holds? It's all about the ride isn't it?
18. What do you like to do in your spare time?
19. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I have a double jointed ass.
best place to buy cialis