AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  What's Dan Keyes (Recover/Young Love) Up To Now? (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2732472)

Jason Tate 05/02/12 12:16 PM

What's Dan Keyes (Recover/Young Love) Up To Now?
 
A new article on Dan Keyes (Recover/Young Love) talking about his experiences with the music industry and labels, and how he's a music publisher now -- can be found here.
From the ArticleThe music industry, however, was in the throes of dealing with plummeting sales and a business model that no longer worked, and things over at Island Def Jam had changed. “I came back, and Rob Stevenson had left; my whole team over there was pretty much gone,” Dan said. “So I was kind of dead in the water over there. The first record got a great push, and it did well and got me a lot of exposure and brought me to the first step of where I needed to be, but by the time I was ready to record the second, everybody at the label had gone.”

Submitted by ThisIsNotDan

crutchfield 05/02/12 12:30 PM

This may be the year i disappear is one of my favorite albums of all time. Never got to see the live.

bradsonemanband 05/02/12 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crutchfield (Post 107368942)
This may be the year i disappear is one of my favorite albums of all time. Never got to see the live.

i saw them at Kilby Court in SLC. super small garage-like place. they played with Armor For Sleep and Say Anything.

i wish they'd release a new album or do a full tour... sounds like we're going to be waiting (again) for awhile (if ever)

saofan_315 05/02/12 01:01 PM

Recover are cobras.

abusedcat 05/02/12 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradsonemanband (Post 107369192)
i saw them at Kilby Court in SLC. super small garage-like place. they played with Armor For Sleep and Say Anything.

i wish they'd release a new album or do a full tour... sounds like we're going to be waiting (again) for awhile (if ever)

that tour was so fucking good

okide 05/02/12 02:46 PM

I saw the bass player and drummer from Recover at a karaoke bar the other week... Didn't bother saying hi

weworemasks 05/02/12 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crutchfield (Post 107368942)
This may be the year i disappear is one of my favorite albums of all time. Never got to see the live.


i know this doesn't help, but these guys were so good on stage. i was lucky to live in texas where they played 10 shows a year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by okide (Post 107377912)
I saw the bass player and drummer from Recover at a karaoke bar the other week... Didn't bother saying hi



xconcretenwater 05/02/12 03:32 PM

Not a publisher, but a writer...

rob_dr 05/02/12 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xconcretenwater (Post 107380872)
Not a publisher, but a writer...


This.

SoundwaveUproar 05/02/12 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weworemasks (Post 107380772)
i know this doesn't help, but these guys were so good on stage. i was lucky to live in texas where they played 10 shows a year.






pawn stars, love that show haha

signal to noise 05/02/12 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saofan_315 (Post 107370862)
Recover are cobras.

yesssss!


saw Recover at the same tour with Armor For Sleep. super small venue, and bunch of people left after Armor For Sleep played, so Recover only played for like 20-30 people. oddly enough some of the stuff from that show is on Armor For Sleep's dvd.

SuNDaYSTaR 05/02/12 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crutchfield (Post 107368942)
This may be the year i disappear is one of my favorite albums of all time. Never got to see the live.

Saw them in 2002 opening for Taking Back Sunday. I didn't know them but I was blown away.