AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Beastie Boys Members Comment On Adam Yauch's Passing (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2737432)

Thomas Nassiff 05/07/12 09:13 AM

Beastie Boys Members Comment On Adam Yauch's Passing

Adam Horovits and Mike D. of the Beastie Boys have issued statements regarding the passing of their bandmate, Adam "MCA" Yauch. They are below.
Mike D.'s StatementI know, we should have tweeted and instagrammed every sad, happy and inspired thought, smile or tear by now. But honestly the last few days have just been a blur of deep emotions for our closest friend, band mate and really brother. I miss Adam so much. He really served as a great example for myself and so many of what determination, faith, focus, and humility coupled with a sense of humor can accomplish. The world is in need of many more like him. We love you Adam. BTW this photo sent to me by a friend, (thanks Saslow) is just one awesome example of how NYC is such a unique place that amidst itís huge size and frenetic pace it really opens up itís heart in so many ways and on on so many levels in times like these. And though it makes me cry sometimes, it has been really amazing and moving to see.

Adam Horovits' Statementas you can imagine, shit is just fk'd up right now. but i wanna say thank you to all our friends and family (which are kinda one in the same) for all the love and support.

iím glad to know that all the love that Yauch has put out into the world is coming right back at him.

thank you.

Full Effect Ed 05/07/12 09:15 AM

StephenYoung 05/07/12 09:16 AM

Wow. It's really refreshing to see that even after 30+ years, these guys are still best friends. It seems like bands that old/big end up being really separate, and barely speak to each other. Stoked these guys were keeping it real till the last minute.

Also, I'm really pissed I never saw them live, but I don't know if I'd want them to tour anymore.

FUCKDIRTYWIPES 05/07/12 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Full Effect Ed (Post 107601902)

that's awesome!

hisandherpes 05/07/12 09:34 AM

Adam's post seems pretty self centered. This isn't about him or his feelings. It should be about the loss of their friend and band mate.

Chris Collum 05/07/12 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephenYoung (Post 107601982)
Wow. It's really refreshing to see that even after 30+ years, these guys are still best friends. It seems like bands that old/big end up being really separate, and barely speak to each other. Stoked these guys were keeping it real till the last minute.

Also, I'm really pissed I never saw them live, but I don't know if I'd want them to tour anymore.

No way do they keep touring.

ZachMadeMeOdd 05/07/12 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hisandherpes (Post 107602742)
Adam's post seems pretty self centered. This isn't about him or his feelings. It should be about the loss of their friend and band mate.

Are you serious? He wrote two sentences, ONE of which was a thank you for support and love because one of his close friends is dead. And he probably just doesn't feel the need to write an essay about the situation, which more than likely he hasn't fully taken in yet, to every stranger in the world. Get real with the stupid comments.

Formatfun 05/07/12 09:45 AM

Quote:

I didn't find it self-centered.

SuNDaYSTaR 05/07/12 09:52 AM

Quote:

It's not.

tuneouttunein37 05/07/12 09:53 AM

Quote:

what an asshole

Holly HoX! 05/07/12 09:53 AM

Quote:

Are you kidding? Shut the fuck up. You are the biggest fucking troll on this site. Go back your old username so everyone knows to just ignore all the stupid shit you say.

runningohfive 05/07/12 10:04 AM

Reading their responses and seeing that picture seriously bummed me out :-(

Dustin Harkins 05/07/12 10:17 AM

Quote:

That's like saying "Why is his mom telling us she's upset? It's not about her."

lp670sv 05/07/12 10:18 AM

Quote:

...........what

hisandherpes 05/07/12 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly HoX! (Post 107603612)
Are you kidding? Shut the fuck up. You are the biggest fucking troll on this site. Go back your old username so everyone knows to just ignore all the stupid shit you say.

You're one of the many people on this site I enjoy pissing off. You do nothing but wait for others to comment so then you can yell at them. You bring nothing to this site.