AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  The Ghost Inside Album Stream (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2776042)

Alex DiVincenzo 06/06/12 05:53 AM

The Ghost Inside Album Stream
 
Stream The Ghost Inside's Get What You Give here.

TheLetGo 06/06/12 06:31 AM

Great album thus far. Can someone answer for me why bands will stream their entire album online for free before the release? It just seems like they are creating opportunities for people to record the stream and not pay for the album. It doesn't make sense? Before the internetz people waited until an album came out before they were able to hear the entire thing and it incensed people to actually pay for the album.

itsmeelsewhere 06/06/12 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLetGo (Post 108979152)
Great album thus far. Can someone answer for me why bands will stream their entire album online for free before the release? It just seems like they are creating opportunities for people to record the stream and not pay for the album. It doesn't make sense? Before the internetz people waited until an album came out before they were able to hear the entire thing and it incensed people to actually pay for the album.

I think it's really fair to have the opportunity to listen to the album before its release. If you like it, you'll buy the album. If you don't, you won't.

LH9 06/06/12 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLetGo (Post 108979152)
Great album thus far. Can someone answer for me why bands will stream their entire album online for free before the release? It just seems like they are creating opportunities for people to record the stream and not pay for the album. It doesn't make sense? Before the internetz people waited until an album came out before they were able to hear the entire thing and it incensed people to actually pay for the album.


My guess is because the album leaked, so people are going to hear it anyway. So their label decides to stream it.
That is what I've noticed a lot lately when an album leaks.

itsmeelsewhere 06/06/12 06:52 AM

Anyway I dig the album so far! So much energy coming from each song, love it.

Ferrari333SP 06/06/12 07:05 AM

Awesome! "Returners" was a good record, so I'm hoping this is even better; just started listening to the stream now. Can always use more metalcore; vocalist reminds me of Tim Lambesis of As I Lay Dying, which is a good thing, haha.

xColetrainx 06/06/12 07:10 AM

Wanna listen to it but I will probably wait til the 19th. We'll see. I may give in and listen early

xBranx 06/06/12 07:16 AM

This band does this kind of music the best in my opinion. This record is too good.

i_was_a_lid 06/06/12 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLetGo (Post 108979152)
Great album thus far. Can someone answer for me why bands will stream their entire album online for free before the release? It just seems like they are creating opportunities for people to record the stream and not pay for the album. It doesn't make sense? Before the internetz people waited until an album came out before they were able to hear the entire thing and it incensed people to actually pay for the album.

Some record store put it out on the shelves early on accident and it leaked on Monday. So it makes sense to stream it now.

Joey-Wan Kenobi 06/06/12 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmeelsewhere (Post 108979332)
I think it's really fair to have the opportunity to listen to the album before its release. If you like it, you'll buy the album. If you don't, you won't.

I definitely think this is the smart way to go these days. If a record is streaming, then I don't have the "download it" to decide. Although, with this album I'm definitely waiting until I get the mp3s emailed at me.

I've been stoked for dayyyys

Miketheunicycle 06/06/12 08:04 AM

dont wanna listen to it all but it sounds pretty solid

johnnyferris 06/06/12 09:16 AM

I gave in to listening to it... I already think it's better than Returners, which is a very good thing.

Brandon Allin 06/06/12 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP (Post 108979862)
Awesome! "Returners" was a good record, so I'm hoping this is even better; just started listening to the stream now. Can always use more metalcore; vocalist reminds me of Tim Lambesis of As I Lay Dying, which is a good thing, haha.

Consider this band closer to hardcore than metalcore.

johnnyferris 06/06/12 09:36 AM

Who's the guest vocalist on Face Value?

Sam DeBurns Red 06/06/12 10:39 AM

I enjoy this band for sure, and I do not say this at all negatively about them, but I wonder sometimes what sets them apart from the rest of the metalcore/breakdowncore scene out there. I listen to their music all the time but it all seems quite similar to other bands that folks around here would bash.

xthisislove 06/06/12 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyferris (Post 108985502)
Who's the guest vocalist on Face Value?

dude from Comeback Kid

socktop 06/06/12 05:29 PM

This album is incredible. Returners was great, but there's sooo much more progression here. Favorite album of 2012 soo far.

RyanGarner 06/06/12 09:50 PM

I for one am glad they added some more variation to their sound. I enjoyed Returners but I had a feeling they would get stale, so far they're proving me wrong.