AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Slipknot to Release Best-Of Collection (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2782792)

Alex DiVincenzo 06/11/12 11:39 AM

Slipknot to Release Best-Of Collection
 
Slipknot will release a best-of collection entitled Antennas to Hell on July 24 via Roadrunner Records.

Track Listing
01. (sic)
02. Eyeless
03. Wait And Bleed
04. Spit It Out
05. Surfacing
06. People = Shit
07. Disasterpiece
08. Left Behind
09. My Plague (New Abuse Mix)
10. The Heretic Anthem (live)
11. Purity (live)
12. Pulse Of The Maggots
13. Duality
14. Before I Forget
15. Vermilion
16. Sulfur
17. Psychosocial
18. Dead Memories
19. Snuff

Alex DiVincenzo 06/11/12 11:40 AM

Surfacing and People = Shit back to back is positively majestic.

Adam Pfleider 06/11/12 11:40 AM

the cover art is too good.

waybackhome 06/11/12 11:45 AM

Push moshing already

Johnny Minardi 06/11/12 11:46 AM

Shit yeah

JTHomeslice 06/11/12 11:46 AM

I like their first 2 albums and some stuff after those. #shinfo

neversaynever73 06/11/12 11:46 AM

That album title is rather amazing. It definitely got a sly smile out of me.

Alex DiVincenzo 06/11/12 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Pfleider (Post 109215012)
the cover art is too good.

Oh god, I hadn't seen it.


projectmayhem16 06/11/12 11:50 AM

Purity was always a favorite when I used to jam them. Track listing is pretty damn close to their best songs too.

tomtom94 06/11/12 12:04 PM

In before comments claiming the news post title to be an oxymoron.

Have to say I've always been more a fan of the singles... so I might have to pick this up.

Dustin Harkins 06/11/12 12:12 PM

EYELESS
x

johnnyferris 06/11/12 12:20 PM

Damn good tracklisting.

fuckyourscenes 06/11/12 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomtom94 (Post 109216492)
In before comments claiming the news post title to be an oxymoron.

Have to say I've always been more a fan of the singles... so I might have to pick this up.

I'm surprised it wasn't said.

PunkRawkStitch 06/11/12 12:37 PM

Fuck yes!

Thursdaysox 06/11/12 12:44 PM

That is a solid workout cd right there

t00latef0rr0ses 06/11/12 12:53 PM

cool

OnaedInSpace 06/11/12 12:56 PM

this doesnt change the fact that the last album was terrible. The last two tracks on this greatest hits should not be there

The Old Black 06/11/12 01:04 PM

I'd stream this on Spotify, but then everyone would know I sort of liked Slipknot at one point.

Dustin Harkins 06/11/12 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Old Black (Post 109219472)
I'd stream this on Spotify, but then everyone would know I sort of liked Slipknot at one point.

Most people secretly did, though.

amorning_ofsleep 06/11/12 01:20 PM

Kinda sucks that they didn't add any new stuff, but whatevs. The album art is quite bitchin'.

Likelinus 06/11/12 01:29 PM

greatest hits albums don't work too well these days imo. people don't buy cd´s very often so why should i buy a cd with old songs i already have? i hope it will contain something more, like a dvd or something. (and the remix of my plague don't counts :P)

cloudmip 06/11/12 01:30 PM

It's missing a lot of my favorites :/ but all of the songs on it are good... I'm glad Eyeless and Duality are on there

thekinison 06/11/12 01:39 PM

Great body of work right there.

harsh reality 06/11/12 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Old Black (Post 109219472)
I'd stream this on Spotify, but then everyone would know I sort of liked Slipknot at one point.


Now you know what it's like to be a yellowcard fan in 2012

SLoT 06/11/12 01:53 PM

Artwork is intense.

Journey408 06/11/12 02:10 PM

live tracks seem outta place/unnecessary

agl 06/11/12 02:11 PM

This is such a strong album.

Nolessthanblink 06/11/12 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Likelinus (Post 109220972)
greatest hits albums don't work too well these days imo. people don't buy cd´s very often so why should i buy a cd with old songs i already have? i hope it will contain something more, like a dvd or something. (and the remix of my plague don't counts :P)

I think Greatest Hits are mainly produced to almost introduce people to a band. Get their "best of", find the tracks you like, and go into those individual cds.

Seeing Slipknot live is on my bucketlist. Love their dvds

injirii 06/11/12 02:25 PM

Good band.

heyitskyle 06/11/12 02:26 PM

Vol 3. was a golden album. Their latest stuff has been pretty lackluster, though.

Alex DiVincenzo 06/11/12 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nolessthanblink (Post 109223712)
I think Greatest Hits are mainly produced to almost introduce people to a band. Get their "best of", find the tracks you like, and go into those individual cds.

Seeing Slipknot live is on my bucketlist. Love their dvds

Unmatched live show

randys950 06/11/12 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex DiVincenzo (Post 109225872)
Unmatched live show

never saw them perform live ever. I'd imagine it being story of the year mixed with Dillinger escape plan

fuckyourscenes 06/11/12 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Likelinus (Post 109220972)
greatest hits albums don't work too well these days imo. people don't buy cd´s very often so why should i buy a cd with old songs i already have? i hope it will contain something more, like a dvd or something. (and the remix of my plague don't counts :P)

There is a bonus CD featuring their live set.

letsgoflyers 06/11/12 03:35 PM

I liked this band when I was 12. 13 years ago. My ex-girlfriend's favorite band was Slipknot; she was 26. I found that to be absolutely hilarious.

brook183 06/11/12 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Old Black (Post 109219472)
I'd stream this on Spotify, but then everyone would know I sort of liked Slipknot at one point.

I'm going to stream them all day now just so people know this. Nothing to be ashamed of at all, it's much better than sort of liking late 90s/early 2000s boy bands.



I sort of liked late 90s/early 2000s boy bands

Alex DiVincenzo 06/11/12 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randys950 (Post 109226002)
never saw them perform live ever. I'd imagine it being story of the year mixed with Dillinger escape plan

More like DEP meets Wrestlemania.

MorningStar10 06/11/12 05:50 PM

I like how the album is chronological (mostly, I think) and all my favourite songs (Eyeless, Sic, Surfacing) are on there.

Full Effect Ed 06/11/12 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex DiVincenzo (Post 109232362)
More like DEP meets Wrestlemania.

Fucking this, best live act today

njiata603 06/11/12 07:37 PM

Corey Taylor is one of the coolest dudes ever. Reading his book now, super interesting/awesome human being.

heyzombiehitler 06/11/12 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njiata603 (Post 109242432)
Corey Taylor is one of the coolest dudes ever. Reading his book now, super interesting/awesome human being.

he has a book?

TomAce 06/11/12 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex DiVincenzo (Post 109232362)
More like DEP meets Wrestlemania.

i'd say it's more like a royal rumble with how many people are in this band

InfiniteArms 06/11/12 10:41 PM

I rememberwhen this band was huge at my highschool

deanster321 06/12/12 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorningStar10 (Post 109234002)
I like how the album is chronological (mostly, I think) and all my favourite songs (Eyeless, Sic, Surfacing) are on there.

Yep, that way I can just press stop when it gets to the tracks from their last album haha.

Alex DiVincenzo 06/12/12 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomAce (Post 109250462)
i'd say it's more like a royal rumble with how many people are in this band

Haha good call.

Alex DiVincenzo 06/12/12 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njiata603 (Post 109242432)
Corey Taylor is one of the coolest dudes ever. Reading his book now, super interesting/awesome human being.

I would very much like to read that.

njiata603 06/12/12 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex DiVincenzo (Post 109257622)
I would very much like to read that.


Quote:

Originally Posted by heyzombiehitler (Post 109249992)
he has a book?


Yeah, it's part biography and part his philosophy on life. I'm about half way through it and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

heyzombiehitler 06/12/12 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njiata603 (Post 109258152)
Yeah, it's part biography and part his philosophy on life. I'm about half way through it and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

i'll have to check that out.

WordsAndFears 06/13/12 02:11 PM

looking forward to this a hell of a lot.

BUT.
the last time one of my favorite bands did anything remotely like this, they went on an indefinite hiatus shortly afterwards.

slipknot, do not do this to me.

PIG DESTROYER 06/14/12 12:51 AM

A slipknot "best of" collection should just be a re-release of the first 2 albums.