AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  AP.net Interview: Thrice (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2801772)

Jake Denning 06/27/12 05:54 AM

AP.net Interview: Thrice

Check out our interview with Thrice here.
From The InterviewAs far as the lyrics are concerned, I've always wanted Dustin to sing about what mattered to him. You want a vocalist/frontman to be truly passionate about what he/she is singing about; if they aren't passionate about it, it's very easy to see though in a lot of cases. Even if I don't agree with his worldview, or if I'm not a Calvinist, I don't think it matters. I've been happy to play in this band for years, and I want him to sing about what matters to him, and that's the bottom line.

obrookso 06/27/12 06:13 AM

I don't think I've ever read the word "Calvinist" on here before. How many replies would a pre-destination debate rack up?

Stay tuned for next weeks interview where we find out what Solidstate bands are dispensationalist!

absolution 06/27/12 06:14 AM

Calvinism is a bit of a relief...

^should be a BN song

Likelinus 06/27/12 06:18 AM

So stoked about the Breckenridge Brothers Band! I don´t even know how it will sound and thats very exciting! Love unpredictable stuff. Teppei are probably not going to make anymore music and everyone knows how Dustins next solo effort will sound (and it´s nothing wrong with that). Just stoked to have something fresh to look forward to!

contra11mundum 06/27/12 06:28 AM

Great. Another Thrice thread.

jjm1 06/27/12 06:51 AM

Wish you would have taken it a little further after he said "He won't give me the opportunity to do that, but it would depend. "

brook183 06/27/12 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by contra11mundum (Post 109921922)

You can filter these out, sir.

Flags of Dawn 06/27/12 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjm1 (Post 109922542)
Wish you would have taken it a little further after he said "He won't give me the opportunity to do that, but it would depend. "

Guessing it's because Riley isn't as down with G-O-D, and Dustin's next project is through his church.

formated4tv 06/27/12 08:07 AM

Quote:

Knowing that there's probably a few new fans in the crowd every night, which album would you suggest that they start out with? Would you suggest they start at the beginning with Identity Crisis and move forward?

That's a tough call. I feel like it's not rare for a musician or band to say that their most recent output is their best. I feel like Major/Minor is probably our most accessible record, but not in a stupid way, we didn't dumb it down so people could be more into it. I think it's a good representation of us doing what we do best. I'd probably say start with Major/Minor, go for Beggars next, then go to Vheissu, then maybe The Artist In The Ambulance, and then fiddle around with The Alchemy Index as you see fit. Our stuff is so all over the place over our career, no matter where you jump in...unless you jumped in at Beggars and then got Major/Minor, I feel like the progression from each album to the next is drastic, so maybe that route would be the best.

I think it's funny that out of the one CD that was referenced in the question, it was the only one not listed in the answer.

harsh reality 06/27/12 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by contra11mundum (Post 109921922)

Crack open another can of Jesus Juice

whiterussian 06/27/12 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjm1 (Post 109922542)

It's not meant to be read that way. It was a live interview and it comes off a bit wrong in writing. He just meant it wouldn't happen anyway.

lilRIPsta 06/27/12 01:15 PM

I see you didnt get to ask Dustin about goodreads. Great interview, it must be awesome to be able to interview a band like Thrice on their farewell tour

Jake Denning 06/27/12 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilRIPsta (Post 109941142)
I see you didnt get to ask Dustin about goodreads. Great interview, it must be awesome to be able to interview a band like Thrice on their farewell tour

Oh! You know what, I did, it was just after we went off record -- he's heard of the website before, and I encouraged him to jump on board.

Thanks for quoting, I forgot who asked.