AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Circa Survive 2XLP Pre-Order (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2866762)

Joey-Wan Kenobi 08/24/12 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Your Milkshake (Post 112201392)
Really?? Its 5 dollars for 11 tracks digital, 10 dollars for physical cd all on their site. Ridiculous people everywhere

Assuming by record, they meant "vinyl record". As opposed to "this album is ridiculously expensive".

yadig?

Your Milkshake 08/24/12 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey-Wan Kenobi (Post 112201812)
Assuming by record, they meant "vinyl record". As opposed to "this album is ridiculously expensive".

yadig?

oh gotcha mybadz, is 25 that expensive for vinyl though? dont think so.....seems to be around average for new releases

Joey (J-Train) 08/24/12 01:14 AM

That's a fair price for a double LP. Will pick one up if they have em available on their fall tour.

EndlessPrisoner 08/24/12 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Your Milkshake (Post 112201392)
Really?? Its 5 dollars for 11 tracks digital, 10 dollars for physical cd all on their site. Ridiculous people everywhere

"digital" "CD"
Only give a shit about vinyl.

EndlessPrisoner 08/24/12 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey (J-Train) (Post 112202452)
That's a fair price for a double LP. Will pick one up if they have em available on their fall tour.

25 is fair for double...with shipping.

XIMBOREDOFYOUX1 08/24/12 05:57 AM

is the one circa selling a 2xLP? and is there really a difference other than having to flip a record twice instead of once

Joey-Wan Kenobi 08/24/12 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Your Milkshake (Post 112202372)
oh gotcha mybadz, is 25 that expensive for vinyl though? dont think so.....seems to be around average for new releases

Well, depends on your financial situation in the way you look at it. To me, I feel new records should drop around $18.. If I had a job worth wasting money with $25 wouldn't be too bad. It's completely self-released so they have to make their back-end somehow. All in all, it's not REALLY that overpriced, but I'm sure it could be cheaper as far as the single LP is concerned.. far less plastic than the doubleLP really, where 2xLP is only a couple bucks more from ShopRadioCast.

Fans will pay for it if they can afford it, I'm sure. We've just got to hit the bar for one less drink, or take advantage of one less Dominos Wednesday special and the money is made up... haha

stonecoldfox 08/24/12 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Your Milkshake (Post 112202372)
oh gotcha mybadz, is 25 that expensive for vinyl though? dont think so.....seems to be around average for new releases


25 is fine, the extra 13 for shipping is whats keeping me from ordering.

ConnorCorruptNJ 08/24/12 09:33 AM

would love to hear the Thursday track.

bartsisgod 08/24/12 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike'smannequin (Post 112199372)
Juturna and On Letting Go. BSN was over produced. This one is just down right disappointing

wank!

Ohaidere 08/24/12 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndlessPrisoner (Post 112200132)
Also, this record is ridiculously expensive. Is on the band's site too.

Joke right? Maybe the vinyl is "expensive" but digital is $5 and CD is $10.

EndlessPrisoner 08/24/12 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohaidere (Post 112210962)
Joke right? Maybe the vinyl is "expensive" but digital is $5 and CD is $10.

this "record"
Notice how I said "record."

Ohaidere 08/24/12 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndlessPrisoner (Post 112212342)
this "record"
Notice how I said "record."

Notice how "record" means the same as album nowadays? Since vinyl records are a "dead format" with a slight resurgeance lately? Yeah.

EndlessPrisoner 08/24/12 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohaidere (Post 112212552)
Notice how "record" means the same as album nowadays? Since vinyl records are a "dead format" with a slight resurgeance lately? Yeah.

Vinyl is a dead format? Come on.
CDs are on the way down much faster than vinyl is.

Ohaidere 08/24/12 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndlessPrisoner (Post 112213682)
Vinyl is a dead format? Come on.
CDs are on the way down much faster than vinyl is.


Everyone wants the next best thing. The reason why vinyl's took a decline was because of the 8-trac and cassettes, then cd's took over. Now people are bringing vinyl back and digital sales are on the up with vinyl. But when people talk about records now, they're not necessarily talking about vinyl, they're talking as a whole. Just a friendly debate :)