AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Under The Gun Presents: 15 Anniversary Tours We Want in '13 (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2870172)

saddr weirdr 08/27/12 08:14 PM

the ones I really want:

Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue
The Ataris - So Long Astoria
The Early November - The Room's Too Cold
Brand New - Deja Entendu
Mae - Destination: Beautiful
The Lawrence Arms - The Greatest Story Ever Told

Jacob Tender 08/27/12 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevinDomino (Post 112335912)
Haha, well, that would defeat the purpose. But an Honorable Mention would be effective.

That is a possibility. We had a ton of submissions from staff. 2003 was a good year.

Steeeve Perry 08/27/12 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chokeychicken (Post 112313512)
they also played it at the triple crown 10th anniversary show in NYC a few years ago.

I sure hope your username is a Rocko reference.

Anyway, this list makes me feel old. So many of the first records I loved. Best live band out of these is SOTY but I prefer In the Wake and Black Swan to Page Avenue.

Steeeve Perry 08/27/12 11:11 PM

If I had my choice, these would be the reunion tours:
Rise Against - Revolutions Per Minute
Brand New - Deja Entendu
Lucero - That Much Further West
Frenzal Rhomb - Sans Souci
Blink-182 - Blink-182
The Mars Volta - De-Loused in the Comatorium

PerfectChaos337 08/28/12 04:43 AM

Glad to see Sing The Sorrow on the list. I don't think it'll happen since AFI is keeping a pretty low profile these days. They haven't really done anything cool for the fans lately either. If it happens though, it will be the coolest musical experience ever for me. Those songs are why I'm into music, and nothing would ever top hearing it in it's entirety. I'm also hoping Adeline does a vinyl repressing (with the silver cover would be awesome) since it's so long out of print, but that's also pretty doubtful, I'd say.

Tours I'd also enjoy:
Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets (even though I've seen this happen already)
Alkaline Trio - Good Mourning
The Lawrence Arms - The Greatest Story Ever Told
Rise Against - Revolutions Per Minute
Rufio - MCMLXXXV
The Mars Volta - Deloused In The Comatorium

(Broken up bands:)
From Autumn To Ashes - The Fiction We Live

leifstar 08/28/12 05:57 AM

I would die for an Armor for sleep - wtdwyd and a matchbook romance tour.

chokeychicken 08/28/12 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeeve Perry (Post 112342542)
I sure hope your username is a Rocko reference.

Anyway, this list makes me feel old. So many of the first records I loved. Best live band out of these is SOTY but I prefer In the Wake and Black Swan to Page Avenue.

it is.

fbrrocks 08/28/12 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PerfectChaos337 (Post 112345172)
Glad to see Sing The Sorrow on the list. I don't think it'll happen since AFI is keeping a pretty low profile these days. They haven't really done anything cool for the fans lately either. If it happens though, it will be the coolest musical experience ever for me. Those songs are why I'm into music, and nothing would ever top hearing it in it's entirety.

afi haven't done much cuz half of afi is doing Blaqk Audio right now

The_Effort 08/28/12 11:43 AM

Would be incredibly excited for Yellowcard, SOTY, Brand New, or FOB.. I'm sure I'll at least get to see a couple of those happen.

love_american_style 08/28/12 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chokeychicken (Post 112313442)
I, For one, would pay to NOT see the ataris tour happen. Kris Roe is the musician version of 'The Wrestler.' It's fucking sad. No thank you.

lol

Deborah Remus 09/01/12 09:38 PM

So late to this, but I'm really pleased to see Billy Talent made the cut.