AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Crummett Producing Issues (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2877642)

Jack Appleby 09/03/12 12:51 PM

Crummett Producing Issues
 
Looks like Kris Crummett is producing Issues' debut release.

Jack Appleby 09/03/12 12:51 PM

One of my favorite producers. Not sure what to expect from this project at all.

bobsheiskawy 09/03/12 01:03 PM

i'm expecting woe, is me's number[s] part two.

in no way would that be a bad thing.

musicfan9795 09/03/12 01:10 PM

I'm picturing this being part Number[s], part Define the Great Line-era Underoath, part industrial-R'nB

Jack Appleby 09/03/12 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsheiskawy (Post 112587482)
i'm expecting woe, is me's number[s] part two.

in no way would that be a bad thing.

I don't think anyone in this band programs though - not sure if they'll have that element.

guitarguy211 09/03/12 01:24 PM

For some reason, I feel like this could be similar to early Underoath (TOCS, DTGL), but with a much more poppy element. Just straightforward and accessible screamo.



I'd love that.

bobsheiskawy 09/03/12 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Appleby (Post 112587662)
I don't think anyone in this band programs though - not sure if they'll have that element.

i'm sure they could find a way to add that in haha. in any case, i'm just stoked to hear tyler sing more.

musicfan9795 09/03/12 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarguy211 (Post 112587932)
For some reason, I feel like this could be similar to early Underoath (TOCS, DTGL), but with a much more poppy element. Just straightforward and accessible screamo.



I'd love that.

This is the band that Tyler, Mike, and Case (their drummer) were in called A Path Less Traveled. Sounded a crap ton like Underoath. Here's proof:

amjetset 09/03/12 01:48 PM

Jake Denning is stopping by the studio today. Ask him how the new tunes sound.

Jack Appleby 09/03/12 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicfan9795 (Post 112588262)
This is the band that Tyler, Mike, and Case (their drummer) were in called A Path Less Traveled. Sounded a crap ton like Underoath. Here's proof:

Fun fact: when Tyler and Michael left that band, want to know who replaced both?

Hance Alligood.

JuneJuly 09/03/12 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Appleby (Post 112587662)
I don't think anyone in this band programs though - not sure if they'll have that element.


so Ben Ferris isn't a part of this anymore?

Jack Appleby 09/03/12 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuneJuly (Post 112588852)
so Ben Ferris isn't a part of this anymore?

Did Ben program? There's a chance I have no idea what I'm talking about.

musicfan9795 09/03/12 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Appleby (Post 112588702)
Fun fact: when Tyler and Michael left that band, want to know who replaced both?

Hance Alligood.

Yeah, I know. It's kinda weird looking at it now, seeing as Hance replaced Tyler in W,IM. It would be even weirder if it happens again (which I hope it doesn't).

JuneJuly 09/03/12 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Appleby (Post 112588882)
Did Ben program? There's a chance I have no idea what I'm talking about.


Well, I guess I just assumed he did since he did synth in W,IM. But I don't know for sure.

WeltallAY 09/03/12 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuneJuly (Post 112589002)
Well, I guess I just assumed he did since he did synth in W,IM. But I don't know for sure.


I think the programming was primarily done by Austin. Still the key work was cool.

I was 99% sure they were going to choose Cameron Mizell for this but this is a nice surprise. Love Cameron's work but Crummet is a great producer too.