AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Victims of The Acacia Strain (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2881742)

Alex DiVincenzo 09/06/12 05:02 PM

Victims of The Acacia Strain

Watch a lyric video for a new The Acacia Strain song entitled "Victims of the Cave" in the replies. Spoiler alert: it's heavy.

Alex DiVincenzo 09/06/12 05:02 PM

bobsheiskawy 09/06/12 05:23 PM

yeah, it was heavy. i still like emmure more. vince's vocals are just too dull for me to want to listen for a whole song/album.

Alex DiVincenzo 09/06/12 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsheiskawy (Post 112705992)
yeah, it was heavy. i still like emmure more. vince's vocals are just too dull for me to want to listen for a whole song/album.

I can't back Emmure, but I will say that The Acacia Strain used to be a whole lot more interesting

Bryan Mac 09/06/12 05:36 PM

Quote:

You seriously prefer the dude from Emmure's awful fake scream to Vince?

Anyway, this song is pretty boring and awful. Continent was the only album by this band that I can actually back.

xxdeadawakexx 09/06/12 05:49 PM

i never really understood all the hype around this band. Song is extremely boring and awful

WeltallAY 09/06/12 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan Mac (Post 112706732)
You seriously prefer the dude from Emmure's awful fake scream to Vince?

Anyway, this song is pretty boring and awful. Continent was the only album by this band that I can actually back.

I do too, there's no competition. Frankie's voice has some more enhancement but it's faaaaaaaaarrrrrr more engaging and all around interesting to listen to. His lines are much more varied and actually seem more threatening while Vince is a very monotonous and one tone singer. I don't think he varies his pitch once on the last two albums.

NewAgeofHorus 09/06/12 06:41 PM

I like their more "hardcore" influenced stuff. Their newest stuff is just more metal influenced.

But the lyrics in this song...ugh

"the sun without the eye. The world is filled with demons, the eye sees everything"

Why is Vincent talking about the eye of providence?!

Bryan Mac 09/06/12 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeltallAY (Post 112710092)
I do too, there's no competition. Frankie's voice has some more enhancement but it's faaaaaaaaarrrrrr more engaging and all around interesting to listen to. His lines are much more varied and actually seem more threatening while Vince is a very monotonous and one tone singer. I don't think he varies his pitch once on the last two albums.

Emmure might as well be Limp Bizkit and that dude's voice is awful. I can't wait his vocal cords are destroyed to the point that he can no longer continue churning out such terrible music.

Simulcast 09/06/12 06:51 PM

This alright. Nothing after The Dead Walk has ever grabbed me though.

Capulet 09/06/12 07:14 PM

that was awsome, great lyrics

iAMhollyood315 09/06/12 07:19 PM

this is heavy. I like more riffage than chugging but hey i'll judge the record as a whole when i get it.

ZachMadeMeOdd 09/06/12 07:39 PM

Quote:

Wow

ZachMadeMeOdd 09/06/12 07:43 PM

Band still sticks to what they do best, honestly a better track than the entire last album. And there is no reason to be discussing emmure in a TAS thread.

Journey408 09/06/12 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan Mac (Post 112710992)
Emmure might as well be Limp Bizkit and that dude's voice is awful. I can't wait his vocal cords are destroyed to the point that he can no longer continue churning out such terrible music.

if you don't like em then don't listen, no ones forcing you. i hope the dumbass wonder years break up. asshole