AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Stream Grizzly Bear's "Shields" (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2884342)

Keagan Ilvonen 09/09/12 10:26 PM

Stream Grizzly Bear's "Shields"
 
You can now stream Grizzly Bear's fantastic new album, Shields on NPR.

Steve Alcala 09/09/12 10:37 PM

Incredible

Keagan Ilvonen 09/09/12 10:58 PM

Most likely going to be in my top 3.

Ozma822 09/09/12 11:33 PM

oh man!

Ismael182 09/09/12 11:42 PM

Hell yes I've been waiting to listen to this!

Gfunk1221 09/10/12 12:26 AM

You know that new sound you're looking for? Well, listen to this!

COREhorizon 09/10/12 07:18 AM

Merriweather Post Pavillion > Veckatimest, but Shields >>> Centipede Hz

zbrmike79 09/10/12 08:55 AM

great album.

Holly HoX! 09/10/12 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COREhorizon (Post 112815012)
Merriweather Post Pavillion > Veckatimest, but Shields >>> Centipede Hz


What?

dash64 09/10/12 09:35 AM

Fantastic indeed.

Jake Jenkins 09/10/12 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COREhorizon (Post 112815012)
Merriweather Post Pavillion > Veckatimest, but Shields >>> Centipede Hz

Okay

plns 09/10/12 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COREhorizon (Post 112815012)
Merriweather Post Pavillion > Veckatimest, but Shields >>> Centipede Hz

Those two bands don't really sound much alike...

Wutz 09/10/12 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plns (Post 112818412)
Those two bands don't really sound much alike...


But, as we all know, musicians are in direct competition with each other in much the same way Toyota and Schwinn are in direct, violent, necessary competition.

May the blood spilled be plentiful enough to quench the thirst of the nations!


––

...or some shit.

The Gryphonator 09/10/12 11:36 AM

Check out Menomena's new album too. (when it's released). It's really good, been spinning both Grizzly Bear and that all week.

runningohfive 09/10/12 11:50 AM

Started listening to it.

CoopDawg 09/10/12 11:52 AM


theherox 09/10/12 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COREhorizon (Post 112815012)
Merriweather Post Pavillion > Veckatimest, but Shields >>> Centipede Hz

it's funny you say that, because I'm pretty sure I discovered these two bands on the same day.

Ya know...back in the day.

MyJukeboxBroke 09/10/12 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theherox (Post 112821392)
it's funny you say that, because I'm pretty sure I discovered these two bands on the same day.

Ya know...back in the day.


It was a friday as I recall

MyJukeboxBroke 09/10/12 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COREhorizon (Post 112815012)
Merriweather Post Pavillion > Veckatimest, but Shields >>> Centipede Hz



Eh to each their own I guess. I much rather enjoy listening to a grizzly album whole way thru

COREhorizon 09/10/12 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plns (Post 112818412)
Those two bands don't really sound much alike...


Obv

COREhorizon 09/10/12 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theherox (Post 112821392)
it's funny you say that, because I'm pretty sure I discovered these two bands on the same day.

Ya know...back in the day.


Pretty sure I found out about both of them after both their '09 albums...I always kind of compare them because they're pretty popular and successful bands that could be labeled hipster(maybe)

COREhorizon 09/10/12 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly HoX! (Post 112816822)
What?


Feel free to ignore my 8am post

But still a true statement

Holly HoX! 09/10/12 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COREhorizon (Post 112826222)
Feel free to ignore my 8am post

But still a true statement


Sure. Next we can compare Yanni and Kanye West.

Kyle Thrash 09/10/12 03:07 PM

Like this better than their last. Really awesome stuff

runningohfive 09/10/12 03:46 PM

It's excellent.