AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Perma Releases New Song (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2887642)

Drew Beringer 09/12/12 09:52 AM

Perma Releases New Song
 
You can download a new Perma (Max Bemis and Sherri DuPree-Bemis) song "Knockout" here or stream it in the replies.

Drew Beringer 09/12/12 09:52 AM

[sc=0]59574728[/sc]

ubergoober 09/12/12 09:59 AM

Fucking amazing! I bought a two song CD of their's at a Say Anything show a few years back. It was good but this is so much better!

WishYouAway 09/12/12 09:59 AM

WANT MOAR.

Searos 09/12/12 10:00 AM

Its alright

SureAsRain 09/12/12 10:01 AM

Very cute song, I'm sure all the weird people who post obscure comments on Sherri's instagram will love it.

SteveLikesMusic 09/12/12 10:07 AM

Great song, but they need a better home studio. All of Max's home recordings kinda sound like crap.

Jookl 09/12/12 10:17 AM

I don't like that much Sherri's voice in this song. But, still, the chords and Max's voice is top notch as always.

kidwithhelmet 09/12/12 10:17 AM

Not a fan.

HopelessNatalie 09/12/12 10:20 AM

Thumbs up, I say.

getupguy222 09/12/12 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveLikesMusic (Post 112906292)
Great song, but they need a better home studio. All of Max's home recordings kinda sound like crap.

I agree but this is 100 times better quality than some of the painful splits stuff. Lo-fi i guess has its place, the painful splits quality reminded me (and this to an extent) of Daniel Jonston.

Love max and Daniel both, never thought about some deeper parallels with them... hmmm.

Paris1nFlames 09/12/12 10:23 AM

This is awesome! Even more pumped for this project now!

toddc 09/12/12 10:29 AM

would like it much more if there were some percussion, even just a shaker. good none the less!

irthesteve 09/12/12 10:40 AM

ehhhhhh

growingdissent 09/12/12 10:57 AM

what happened to Max Bemis? weak.

thesinkingship 09/12/12 11:03 AM

Awesome, didn't expect anything less from these two. Now, let's get a professionally recorded full length.

IV. 09/12/12 11:05 AM

If it doesnt sound like Nicki Minaj and Lil Waynes "knockout" then i dont wanna hear it.

rawspinner 09/12/12 11:33 AM

is it reposted on purpose?

brandon_260 09/12/12 11:36 AM

zzzZZzzzz

Jack Appleby 09/12/12 11:38 AM

This is absurdly cute. I like it.

sjb2k1 09/12/12 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irthesteve (Post 112908342)
ehhhhhh

you read my mind!

RyanFTW 09/12/12 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SureAsRain (Post 112906012)
Very cute song, I'm sure all the weird people who post obscure comments on Sherri's instagram will love it.

"Oh my God you are a perfect goddess and I am unnaturally obsessed with you lol jk"

SureAsRain 09/12/12 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanFTW (Post 112913092)
"Oh my God you are a perfect goddess and I am unnaturally obsessed with you lol jk"


"Hey! We're having our baby the same day as each other! No, I didn't get pregnant the same time as you on purpose or anything...I love your hair!"

PetitnaindesĪles 09/12/12 12:54 PM

well since it's was already posted : "i think her voice doesn't fint the song at all"

ErinWhitt 09/12/12 01:21 PM

stoooooooopid cute.

drudo182 09/12/12 01:39 PM

It's alright.

Saves The Night 09/12/12 02:17 PM

sounds like a turd to me

undercontrol 09/12/12 02:32 PM

Now I realize why Anarchy My Dear blew :-(

danperez 09/12/12 03:16 PM

'Perma' sounds like Paramore, but with a heavy accent.
....just thought I'd make that connection..

EndlessPrisoner 09/12/12 03:22 PM

Couldn't get through the first verse, and I love Say Anything. His voice is absolutely grating in this.

Thomas Nassiff 09/12/12 03:24 PM

I'm seeing a lot of "this is so cute" comments in this thread. Is that supposed to transition into good songwriting or something? Because I'm not hearing a good song coming out of that SoundCloud. I probably won't listen to this song past today. Weak songwriting, borderline unbearable production/recording. Good idea for a project. Bad execution.

It is pretty cute though.

wanielledalsh 09/12/12 03:37 PM

I don't like Sherri's voice, therefore this song irks me.

Drew Beringer 09/12/12 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 112921882)
I'm seeing a lot of "this is so cute" comments in this thread. Is that supposed to transition into good songwriting or something? Because I'm not hearing a good song coming out of that SoundCloud. I probably won't listen to this song past today. Weak songwriting, borderline unbearable production/recording. Good idea for a project. Bad execution.

It is pretty cute though.

it's no Mixtapes, that's for sure ;-)

JustinEAB 09/12/12 04:19 PM

Chorus is great. Verses seem to lack something nonetheless good song.

syntax omitted 09/12/12 04:19 PM

I think it's time for me to give up on trying to enjoy Max Bemis' music. I haven't listened to Anarchy, My Dear since it first came out. I haven't listened to the self-titled in years. The Painful Splits are painful to listen to. I just have to stop holding out hope.

Thomas Nassiff 09/12/12 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Beringer (Post 112922492)
it's no Mixtapes, that's for sure ;-)

You mean the same Mixtapes album that you liked and tweeted about a bunch?

Mistle 09/12/12 05:05 PM

Sounds pretty much how I expected. Though to be honest I prefer the 2 songs they released a few years back.

Can't see myself listening to Perma any more beyond the first time. Not that I hate it or anything, it just doesn't really give me a reason to keep listening.

Drew Beringer 09/12/12 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 112924872)
You mean the same Mixtapes album that you liked and tweeted about a bunch?

yeah I like that and I like this. Both acts make enjoyable music, I don't see the much difference between liking Perma and liking something like Mixtapes.

Thomas Nassiff 09/12/12 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Beringer (Post 112925022)
yeah I like that and I like this. Both acts make enjoyable music, I don't see the much difference between liking Perma and liking something like Mixtapes.

I guess if you wanna boil it down to logistics, there is no difference between liking something like Perma and something like anything else. It comes down to personal preference and what sounds better to you and what you enjoy more. It's not like these two bands share any sort of characteristics - it seems as though the only connection you've drawn between the two is the YOU find them both enjoyable.

Drew Beringer 09/12/12 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 112925372)
I guess if you wanna boil it down to logistics, there is no difference between liking something like Perma and something like anything else. It comes down to personal preference and what sounds better to you and what you enjoy more. It's not like these two bands share any sort of characteristics - it seems as though the only connection you've drawn between the two is the YOU find them both enjoyable.

and their music is pretty simplistic and basic.

jdr277 09/12/12 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 112921882)
I'm seeing a lot of "this is so cute" comments in this thread. Is that supposed to transition into good songwriting or something? Because I'm not hearing a good song coming out of that SoundCloud. I probably won't listen to this song past today. Weak songwriting, borderline unbearable production/recording. Good idea for a project. Bad execution.

It is pretty cute though.

Perfect

Thomas Nassiff 09/12/12 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Beringer (Post 112925442)
and their music is pretty simplistic and basic.

Does it really matter how complicated it is? It's just personal preference.

Acad08 09/12/12 05:42 PM

Chorus is great!

evanmeindl 09/12/12 05:45 PM

Why does Max write good songs and exclude them on SA albums?

asthenia* 09/12/12 05:51 PM

i'm quickly starting to like sherri more than max. she gets better and better and well... he seems to have plateaued.

Drew Beringer 09/12/12 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 112926162)
Does it really matter how complicated it is? It's just personal preference.


Haha I know I was just busting your balls with my first comment

thebestkylever 09/12/12 06:15 PM

Lots of dudes will probably put this song on mixes for girls they like, and said dudes will probably end up getting lots of kisses.

msulliv7 09/12/12 06:56 PM

This is better than anything on Anarchy My Dear. I expected the corniest, lamest song I have ever heard and it wasn't, so I guess it has that going for it.

SafetyofRoutine 09/12/12 07:48 PM

I'm sincerely glad Max is happy.

I wish musically he'd go back to self-loathing narcissistic angst.

Elscorcho2008 09/12/12 07:58 PM

"Whats your favorite way to spoon?" That line was cringeworthy...