AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Imagine Dragons Debut at #2 (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2888332)

Dustin Harkins 09/13/12 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irthesteve (Post 112941282)
who the hell is Imagine Dragons

This.

WhatJulianSaid 09/13/12 06:36 AM

Never heard of them till they sold out a show here a few months ago and I was like ummm who?!? lol

EndlessPrisoner 09/13/12 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerrancePryor (Post 112941552)
A indie band that Pitchfork doesn't jerk off. They're good for that reason alone.

why are you awful at living?

EndlessPrisoner 09/13/12 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fna4 (Post 112942072)
Pitchfork is crap. That being said so is the the prevailing mentality on this site that the more accessible or hook driven a band is the better they are. Also calling band on a major label who did a record with a mainstream pop producer "indie" shows how dumb using the term indie as a genre is.

why are you awful at living [2]

mike'smannequin 09/13/12 06:51 AM

oh wow...good for them thats awesome

PopPunkKid 09/13/12 06:57 AM

So this debuted with more sold than "Some Nights" did?... Geez. How?

I gave the album a listen, and it's alright, but I didn't think it was anything spectacular.

EndSerenading 09/13/12 07:00 AM

The only song I have heard from these guys is It's Time and that song is very grating / annoying to me. Not a fan of the lyrics or the instrumentation in several parts of the song. Comes off as someone trying to write something catchy but it really isn't very catchy to me.

/shrug

spezialk 09/13/12 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irthesteve (Post 112941282)
who the hell is Imagine Dragons

Really? :smackhim:

Quijiba 09/13/12 07:31 AM

Holy Shit. Good for them, guess signing to Interscope was a good choice. New album is pretty damn good as well, it appears as if the label gave them a lot of freedom which is good.

Quijiba 09/13/12 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PopPunkKid (Post 112943222)
So this debuted with more sold than "Some Nights" did?... Geez. How?

I gave the album a listen, and it's alright, but I didn't think it was anything spectacular.

Definitely not spectacular, but its definitely a good album. I think their next one will be stronger, mostly because it will be written as a cohesive whole rather than taking some EP songs and writing some new ones

TwelveTribes230 09/13/12 07:42 AM

really solid album...good for them!

PermanentTourists 09/13/12 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerrancePryor (Post 112941552)
A indie band that Pitchfork doesn't jerk off. They're good for that reason alone.

You're the worst.

rbf737 09/13/12 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndSerenading (Post 112943272)
The only song I have heard from these guys is It's Time and that song is very grating / annoying to me. Not a fan of the lyrics or the instrumentation in several parts of the song. Comes off as someone trying to write something catchy but it really isn't very catchy to me.

/shrug

Good way of putting it. Trying to write something poppy which additionally automatically seems to mean the lyrics have to be bland, pointless, and interchangeable.

Searos 09/13/12 08:29 AM

The album is great. Bought it on a whim. I love the tracks that were from old EPs so I did not mind the, being on their cause for a major label debut they put up their best work. Radioactive is great as ever but I loved new songs too. Bleeding Out is such fucking jam.

Searos 09/13/12 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndSerenading (Post 112943272)

/shrug

To be honest Its Time is not even close to my favorite song on the album. I really just sorta got into this band with this album so it may be a bad reference but I think Radioactive, Top of The World, Bleeding Out, and Nothing Left To Say are the best songs. Each one are very different too.