AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Blink182: The Best is Yet To Come (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2888712)

LGFUAD21 09/14/12 06:36 AM

Also i think the full statement is a bit overly critical of the album. It doesnt seem like Travis likes it one bit.

PetitnaindesĪles 09/14/12 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LGFUAD21 (Post 112988122)
Also i think the full statement is a bit overly critical of the album. It doesnt seem like Travis likes it one bit.

i seems like he was frustrated by the way they recorded it. i wonder if that's the reason they never play anything other than the singles + Ghost On The Dancefloor...

LGFUAD21 09/14/12 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario57 (Post 112991172)
i seems like he was frustrated by the way they recorded it. i wonder if that's the reason they never play anything other than the singles + Ghost On The Dancefloor...

Quite possibly. I think they did nail the single choices though.

One thing about the record is that it is quite clear which songs are Tom's and which are Mark's.

Mark's are always streamline but they lack a bit of power to them.
Tom's could do with a little more of Mark's conciseness

Really hope they can meld the two styles into something ore cohesive next time

ParkwayTom 09/14/12 12:30 PM

Not too hard to go up from Neighborhoods (it was good, but definitely not great), but I'm still excited for whatever their next album sounds like and whatever their big announcement is gonna be.

Just An End 09/14/12 09:16 PM

I'm still waiting for Use Your Erection I & II

ZeoVGM 09/15/12 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archael (Post 112975122)
Yeah blink sucks. If I wanted to listen to a boy band, it'd be either the beatles, beach boys, or one direction. Not this crap.


Haha, so basically you're just in here to troll.

And lol @ putting One Direction in the same category as The Beatles and Beach Boys.

And lol @ calling them a "boy band" after the self-titled.

What an embarrassing post.

ZeoVGM 09/15/12 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixmillionways (Post 112983142)
blink 182, mature and lyrical in the same sentence? you must have been born in the early 90's and missed out on what blink once stood for: fun.


Er, what? Your reply doesn't make sense in relation to what you quoted.

Archael 09/15/12 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeoVGM (Post 113018272)
Haha, so basically you're just in here to troll.

And lol @ putting One Direction in the same category as The Beatles and Beach Boys.

And lol @ calling them a "boy band" after the self-titled.

What an embarrassing post.

So you admit to them being a boy band, at least in one point in time? Okay that's fine by me.

I was also being facetious when I added One Direction, no one seemed to catch that. Well, almost, One Direction have almost lyrics as blink ever does, and is much catchier so...

How sad.

Slovo 09/17/12 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaugzilla (Post 112965172)
Agreed. I was watching Cheetah's old videos when they were recording "S/T" and it's amazing how time these guys spent together writing that and how I think that really played into how cohesive that was (Also, Jerry Finn had a lot to do with it too.). I hope one day they'll be able to do that one more time and maybe go their separate ways



And then you'll learn the difference between "right" and "write."

Ahhh crap. You got me. I had a good 9 years without a typo.

But seriously, my statement stands.