AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Coheed 30-Second Samples (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2889292)

Garett Press 09/13/12 04:29 PM

Coheed 30-Second Samples
 
Update: Samples have been removed.

30-second samples of each track from Coheed and Cambria's forthcoming album, The Afterman: Ascension, can be heard here.

Bryan Mac 09/13/12 04:33 PM

This is such a drastic improvement over Year Of The Black Rainbow.

thesinkingship 09/13/12 04:41 PM

TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTSSS SSSSSSSS

mackieinva 09/13/12 04:41 PM

Goodnight, Fair Lady. Gimme it. Now.

PerfectChaos337 09/13/12 04:43 PM

Band is one of the best there's ever been.

drewinseries 09/13/12 04:46 PM

Yes, finally. The Hollow is so eerie, its like The Ring in Return.

drewinseries 09/13/12 04:50 PM

Also real excited that some Prize Fighter vibes are making its way through.

TriangularDuck 09/13/12 04:50 PM

Ugh. I listened to The Hollow clip, then pressed play on The Afterman, listened to 5 seconds, and realized I really, really don't want to hear these clips out of context. I jumped on the Domino clip because I really wanted to hear where they were going with this album, but now I know, and I can hang out for a bit.

drewinseries 09/13/12 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriangularDuck (Post 112968432)
Ugh. I listened to The Hollow clip, then pressed play on The Afterman, listened to 5 seconds, and realized I really, really don't want to hear these clips out of context. I jumped on the Domino clip because I really wanted to hear where they were going with this album, but now I know, and I can hang out for a bit.

I wish I had your moral compass. I am on my third play through.

bradsonemanband 09/13/12 04:52 PM

i'm not a fan of the new single, aside from the pretty epic last half, buuuut i'm kind of over Coheed these days. i'll give this album a chance though, so we'll see if they pull me back in as a fan or if i will remain on the sidelines.

TriangularDuck 09/13/12 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewinseries (Post 112968492)
I wish I had your moral compass. I am on my third play through.

The new Prize Fighter vinyls are on sale at tonight's show, so I'm hoping for a rip tomorrow to feed my Coheed fix until Ascension comes out.

drewinseries 09/13/12 04:56 PM

Is it just me or does it say on Amazon that this is called "The Afternman"

AndyMania 09/13/12 05:02 PM

VICTEHBUTCHER. i need it.

Merve 09/13/12 05:07 PM

The previews got me pumped. Good to hear that the producers didn't botch the production job this time around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewinseries (Post 112968602)
Is it just me or does it say on Amazon that this is called "The Afternman"

Must be a typo.

PHI Flyers10 09/13/12 05:14 PM

Fucking goddammit, we crashed Cobalt and Calcium.

PHI Flyers10 09/13/12 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewinseries (Post 112968342)
Yes, finally. The Hollow is so eerie, its like The Ring in Return.

That's because it is The Ring in Return during the second half.

COREhorizon 09/13/12 05:15 PM

Is this band ever going to make a non-concept album?

weirderthanu210 09/13/12 05:19 PM

This sounds intense. I's gonna be nuts.

mike'smannequin 09/13/12 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PerfectChaos337 (Post 112968292)
Band is one of the best there's ever been.

:hitself:

ambulance 09/13/12 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mackieinva (Post 112968252)
Goodnight, Fair Lady. Gimme it. Now.

From the clips this sounds like its going to be the best on the album. Actually sounds like old Coheed....the others though....took away some hope that they'll be able to put out another album where I actually like ALL of the songs rather than 1 or 2.

JesseKilgannon 09/13/12 05:31 PM

Shit. I don't think i can bring myself to listen.

drewinseries 09/13/12 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHI Flyers10 (Post 112969372)
That's because it is The Ring in Return during the second half.

I know, just after The Reaping and One, its nice to have some voice tracks preluding the record.

YoShitsGoinDown 09/13/12 05:35 PM

Hot. Ear. Sex.

Lysrothtuck 09/13/12 05:43 PM

Better listen quick, Coheed's manager is getting ready to pull these clips down.

crutchfield 09/13/12 05:46 PM

must wait for proper

PHI Flyers10 09/13/12 05:49 PM

Well on Cobalt and Calcium we aren't allowed to talk about "unreleased tracks and demos" so all the stuff we posted about this got deleted. Can't even talk about the posts being deleted. Lame. Anyways, I'll post here what I posted there:

Hollywood sounds like a really catchy Korn song. Lol. I'm really digging the PFI vibe from The Afterman and Subtraction, a lot. I also really like Claudio's vocals on Subtraction and it sounds like it'll be fun to play and sing to. Vic sounds like it would have been on YotBR, production-wise. Kinda weird that it sounds like there's a different vocal-filter on each track.

And finally, Goodnight, Fair Lady sounds like it was ripped straight off of Good Apollo I. Has a Suffering/middle section of the album vibe. Really digging the clips of it. Hoping big time that the album doesn't disappoint. I think they're going to play Evagria live tonight based on the last transmission from Dr. Amory.

thesinkingship 09/13/12 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lysrothtuck (Post 112970612)
Better listen quick, Coheed's manager is getting ready to pull these clips down.

Adam

PHI Flyers10 09/13/12 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewinseries (Post 112970342)
I know, just after The Reaping and One, its nice to have some voice tracks preluding the record.

I agree completely. I dig The Hollow big time. It's like if they made The Ring in Return instead of The Second Stage Turbine Blade back in 2002.

Lysrothtuck 09/13/12 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesinkingship (Post 112971102)
Adam

Me!

thesinkingship 09/13/12 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lysrothtuck (Post 112971232)
Me!

Lol, I thought so judging by the Avatar

~ Grimes

Lysrothtuck 09/13/12 06:01 PM

Haha Cobalt unite!

XenoLovegood 09/13/12 06:04 PM

Oh fuck yes, I am going to love this record. Really looking forward to listening to Goodnight and Vic in their entirety.

PHI Flyers10 09/13/12 06:05 PM

We should have a Cobalter thread on here.

Protested Hero 09/13/12 06:08 PM

HUGE Prize Fighter vibes on these clips. Also, Goodnight, Fair Lady sounds like a new school version of Faint of Hearts. I'm dying.

wall e 09/13/12 06:08 PM

Guhd gohd this is gonna rule

PHI Flyers10 09/13/12 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protested Hero (Post 112971932)
HUGE Prize Fighter vibes on these clips. Also, Goodnight, Fair Lady sounds like a new school version of Faint of Hearts. I'm dying.

It's like The Suffering and Faint of Hearts had a kid.

dohare 09/13/12 06:37 PM

Clicked on Mothers of Men, got chills. can't, fucking, wait.

The rhythms seem so jammy, i love it.

TheZeroKid 09/13/12 06:45 PM

Must. Resist. Urge.

MikeYabs 09/13/12 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriangularDuck (Post 112968582)
The new Prize Fighter vinyls are on sale at tonight's show, so I'm hoping for a rip tomorrow to feed my Coheed fix until Ascension comes out.

whoa, did not even know new prize fighter was coming out. i'm excited for this now as well haha.

Portugal4142 09/13/12 08:03 PM

They can release these 30 second songs as the new album and I'll rank it above their last release. CANNOT wait for this.

bobcatbob18 09/13/12 08:05 PM

I'm not listening to these clips but hearing other gush over them doubles my excitement. WOO!!

XenoLovegood 09/13/12 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugal4142 (Post 112977742)
They can release these 30 second songs as the new album and I'll rank it above their last release. CANNOT wait for this.

I will never understand why so many people disliked YOTBR. I've always thought that NWFT was their weakest album; YOTBR was a solid album from front to back (not their best album though).

heyzombiehitler 09/13/12 08:40 PM

I would be very happy if I liked this album. Miss these guys.

Feenucks 09/13/12 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mackieinva (Post 112968252)
Goodnight, Fair Lady. Gimme it. Now.


THIS. THIS. THIS.

Seriously, that song sounds so good. Sounds like it belongs on In Keeping Secrets. I absolutely love all of Coheed's work 100%, but this is a whole new level of awesome!!!

RyanGarner 09/13/12 09:45 PM

This made my night. They're back.

Merve 09/13/12 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenoLovegood (Post 112979182)
I will never understand why so many people disliked YOTBR. I've always thought that NWFT was their weakest album; YOTBR was a solid album from front to back (not their best album though).

I don't think people hate YotBR as much as they hate the fact that an album with a lot of potential and great song ideas got ruined by one of the worst, most misguided production jobs in modern rock history. It's second only to dredg's Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy in terms of a band a (pair of) producer(s) being mismatched.

Micah511 09/13/12 10:43 PM

Evagria is the two video! Yesssss.

Tim Lincecum 09/14/12 12:51 AM

am i the only one who the previews arent working for?

SteveLikesMusic 09/14/12 04:09 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrLbY4-Q99A

Seth Robinson 09/14/12 05:58 AM

I can not fucking WAIT for this, it sounds like it will be incredible and a much-welcome return to form for Coheed.
Year of the Black Rainbow is one of the worst records I have ever heard in any genre. Ever. EVERRRRRR.