AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Allister Release Single: "5 Years" (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2892172)

Jason Tate 09/17/12 09:01 AM

Allister Release Single: "5 Years"
 
Allister's new song "5 Years" can be heard in the replies.

Submitted by buddah knome

Jason Tate 09/17/12 09:02 AM


SamKS 09/17/12 09:06 AM

woah!

grimis16 09/17/12 09:09 AM

more like 10 years. Brings back high school memories. Now I just need some Homegrown.

DooDooBird 09/17/12 09:10 AM

pop punk isn't aging well

TheRealJohnOC 09/17/12 09:12 AM

Maybe it's just me but is anyone else bummed that The Get Go never really toured the US? I know they had a following in Japan but I think they would've fit well as an opener for a pop punk tour.

circletheworld 09/17/12 09:14 AM

i think they are too old to be complaining about having a 9-5 and being a kid. they have to be approaching 30

ReedAreTheUnion 09/17/12 09:17 AM

Yeah!!!

kidinthebushes 09/17/12 09:22 AM

I was hoping to hear a song or two before their new album comes out.

poppunkwayo 09/17/12 09:25 AM

:thumbup:

bradsonemanband 09/17/12 09:38 AM

i dig this

Fox83 09/17/12 09:42 AM

Pretty straightforward pop punk tune - hard to come across that anymore. I like it.

simplejack 09/17/12 09:59 AM

not so excited

domotime2 09/17/12 10:20 AM

the drummer looks super stoked lol

untitled94 09/17/12 10:27 AM

Sounds good

ADTRmb1127 09/17/12 12:00 PM

i like it, specially the random smoke machine haha, but good tune

L-dawg 09/17/12 12:02 PM

Love it.

Slovo 09/17/12 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by circletheworld (Post 113102182)
i think they are too old to be complaining about having a 9-5 and being a kid. they have to be approaching 30

I'm 28 and complain about those things constantly.

circletheworld 09/17/12 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slovo (Post 113113902)
I'm 28 and complain about those things constantly.

thats kinda sad... sorry :/

Chris_FirstTime 09/17/12 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by circletheworld (Post 113114102)
thats kinda sad... sorry :/

I'm 29 and Allister are definitely a few years older than me, a lot of people don't like their jobs after they turn 30 I'm pretty sure

DooDooBird 09/17/12 01:20 PM

lol. I complain about my job all the time.

PerfectChaos337 09/17/12 01:29 PM

Allister is awesome and still rules. Glad they do amazing in Japan, but it would be so cool to see them open a legit pop-punk tour in the states.

weezer17 09/17/12 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimis16 (Post 113101782)
more like 10 years. Brings back high school memories. Now I just need some Homegrown.


This

ben mears 09/17/12 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DooDooBird (Post 113101922)
pop punk isn't aging well


i think it is more that we, as music listeners, are "growing" up. this is shallow music with even more shallow lyrics.

and as somebody else implied, they are old now; so start writing mature lyrics.

DooDooBird 09/17/12 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben mears (Post 113117902)
i think it is more that we, as music listeners, are "growing" up. this is shallow music with even more shallow lyrics.

and as somebody else implied, they are old now; so start writing mature lyrics.

you're probably right. I just can't get into this stuff anymore. I'd probably be stoked if I was 19 years old though. but I'm not.

TSLataris 09/17/12 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by circletheworld (Post 113114102)
thats kinda sad... sorry :/


I work with people in their 40s and 50s who complain about their job. Don't see what's so sad about it.

Diggin' this song.

DemolitionLover 09/17/12 04:08 PM

Love this and I've hated most pop punk that's come out in the last few years.

circletheworld 09/17/12 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSLataris (Post 113118752)
I work with people in their 40s and 50s who complain about their job. Don't see what's so sad about it.

Diggin' this song.

because Allister is doing it like they are still in high school. grow up

Matt Chylak 09/17/12 05:06 PM

hell yeah! vintage early-2000s drive-thru pop punk. this is how the whole genre should sound.

xjdizzle 09/17/12 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben mears (Post 113117902)
i think it is more that we, as music listeners, are "growing" up. this is shallow music with even more shallow lyrics.

and as somebody else implied, they are old now; so start writing mature lyrics.

And like if Lil Wayne or Taylor Swift's lyrics are soo mature ??? And 35 year old listen to that...

Avalanche1 09/17/12 05:43 PM

Damn, the drummer looks so damn bored.

Shoorty0690 09/17/12 10:30 PM

This true pop punk sound is so hard to come by anymore... shame. Maybe its the era of music I grew up in, but this new pop punk has nothing on Allister.

birtcho 09/18/12 03:35 AM

Haha didn't think I would like this. Nostalgia!

nicolas1501 09/18/12 03:38 AM

I really hope that the new album will sound more like Before the Blackout. Count Down to Nowhere was a disappointment.. I'm digging this new song so finger crossed.

Slovo 09/18/12 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by circletheworld (Post 113114102)
thats kinda sad... sorry :/

I'm sorry, is there a cutoff age when I can't dislike working 9-5?

circletheworld 09/18/12 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slovo (Post 113157782)
I'm sorry, is there a cutoff age when I can't dislike working 9-5?

yeah when you grow up and realize that you can change any situation you are in instead of complaining about it.

or you don't sound like a child when you do it...

Slovo 09/18/12 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by circletheworld (Post 113158672)
yeah when you grow up and realize that you can change any situation you are in instead of complaining about it.

or you don't sound like a child when you do it...

Oh, I forgot it's that easy, let me just flip my job switch over here and get right on that.

The fact of the matter is, I'm working a job I hate because the pay is good enough where I can send money home to support my family while affording my own life. I'm doing this while looking for a better job in a field I actually enjoy/have interest in, but if you haven't heard, the job market is crap right now. So until then, I will continue to work and bitch about the job I hate, because for me and my family, it's the responsible place I need to be in right now.

Am I thankful for employment? Absolutely. Do I work with idiots and out of touch toolbags? Definitely. The bitching continues.

circletheworld 09/18/12 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slovo (Post 113164592)
Oh, I forgot it's that easy, let me just flip my job switch over here and get right on that.

The fact of the matter is, I'm working a job I hate because the pay is good enough where I can send money home to support my family while affording my own life. I'm doing this while looking for a better job in a field I actually enjoy/have interest in, but if you haven't heard, the job market is crap right now. So until then, I will continue to work and bitch about the job I hate, because for me and my family, it's the responsible place I need to be in right now.

Am I thankful for employment? Absolutely. Do I work with idiots and out of touch toolbags? Definitely. The bitching continues.

maybe you should write a song about it.. then you can fit right along with allister and this video

poppunkwayo 09/18/12 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalanche1 (Post 113131192)
Damn, the drummer looks so damn bored.

everytime they play here he always looks into it when hes playing, always smiling and singing along to the tunes.

Slovo 09/18/12 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by circletheworld (Post 113167692)
maybe you should write a song about it.. then you can fit right along with allister and this video

But I'm too old to be doing that, and you'd be in that thread bitching about it.

circletheworld 09/18/12 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slovo (Post 113174842)
But I'm too old to be doing that, and you'd be in that thread bitching about it.

hahahahaha.. touche

Slovo 09/18/12 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by circletheworld (Post 113178162)
hahahahaha.. touche

You... I like you. E-friends?

circletheworld 09/19/12 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slovo (Post 113193582)
You... I like you. E-friends?


ben mears 09/22/12 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xjdizzle (Post 113129262)
And like if Lil Wayne or Taylor Swift's lyrics are soo mature ??? And 35 year old listen to that...


these artists specifically write songs for mass consumption. and, in general, people like "shallow" music. hell, i love taylor swift's new song. i love carly rae jepsen. i love listening to top 40 radio hits. because of this, i have in my head what a generic pop singer/group looks/sounds like.

and allister doesn't fit my vision of a generic pop group. they are gown men. who play in a rock band. yet, my seventh grade cousin can write more interesting lyrics than these guys do. nickleback songs are more stimulating than this shit is. allister's current music sounds like they are desperately tying to get a radio hit.

here we are, 10+ years after next stop suburbia was released, and their sound has not matured...at all.