AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Travis Barker Drum Solo (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2892372)

~Sixx~ 09/17/12 06:25 PM

Comparing Travis to Alex and LP3 is laughable. As much as I enjoy and respect Travis's work, LP3 and Alex are in a different stratosphere then Travis is. Alex doesn't have many solos; he's just a fucking beast. And I can YouTube LP3 solos all day long. Dude blows my mind.

I liken Travis more to somebody like Cyrus from NFG, maybe...??

Jason949 09/17/12 07:35 PM

He's good not great, I think brooks wackerman or josh freeze are better "punk" drummers if you'd wanna call them that. Travis wins in style points and showmanship does win you over a lot of fans.. as well as being in blink*

lfdfforever 09/17/12 09:43 PM

"The fact people even compare travis barker to him makes me laugh." lol

underdawg1119 09/17/12 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Sixx~ (Post 113134592)
Comparing Travis to Alex and LP3 is laughable. As much as I enjoy and respect Travis's work, LP3 and Alex are in a different stratosphere then Travis is. Alex doesn't have many solos; he's just a fucking beast. And I can YouTube LP3 solos all day long. Dude blows my mind.

I liken Travis more to somebody like Cyrus from NFG, maybe...??

I don't know enough about dude from Saosin, but Yellowcard is one of my favorite bands, and LP one of my favorite drummers. In a different stratosphere than Travis? Nah, lol. If anyone in that comparison is in a different stratosphere, it's Cyrus, as much as I also love NFG.

Alexx Miller 09/17/12 10:05 PM

People can say what they want about him being overrated, but the parts he writes for 4 chord punk rock songs are absolutely incredible. His creativity outweigh his actual abilities.

RussVanderhoof 09/17/12 10:09 PM

rad solo, travis rules.~

trevorshmevor 09/18/12 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lfdfforever (Post 113148062)

"The fact people even compare travis barker to him makes me laugh." lol

God damn, Halpern is such a beast. One of my favorites, along with Chris Tsagakis.

This was cool. Anyone who says Travis Barker isn't good just sounds butthurt, he's clearly a really talented guy. The overrated bit is debatable though. I know he was trained in jazz and marching band form, I wish he would show a little more of that influence in his playing style sometimes.

Mr_V1tr1oL 09/18/12 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i like apples (Post 113108932)
Besides the drummer from Yellowcard, I cannot think of a single drummer who comes close to Travis Barker in the genre.

Ilan Rubin

himynameisjoeyc 09/18/12 05:24 AM

Obviously this is the only talent Travis Barker has...we all know he can't play along to anything besides hip-hop and pop-punk, so we should definitely judge his talent solely based on these styles. /sarcasm.

You guys are really butt-hurt.

PetitnaindesĪles 09/18/12 11:44 AM

thread was dumb

neversaynever73 09/18/12 11:49 AM

ignorant people are always going to hate. As a musician I can tell you he is extremely solid and he plays for the song. That's what a GOOD drummer does. Sure he's not like Portnoy wanking about over crazy time signatures in Dream Theater but this is Blink 182-it's about the SONGS. Cheer to you, Travis, for keeping it real all these years. I also agree about The drummers from Yellowcard and Saosin. They are excellent.

slimfenix182 09/18/12 12:05 PM

Yeah, not the greatest drummer ever but does blink blow up as big as they did without the creativity he brought into the band? I mean I love Dude Ranch but Travis was what they needed. Hell, the self-titled record definitely wouldn't exist without Travis joining. People need to get over this constant need to compare this drummer to that drummer, this album sounds like a mix of this album and this album, this part in this song sounds like this part, etc etc, blah blah blah. I'm not gonna lie I enjoyed music more before I subjected myself to the constant breakdowns of every single little thing that the internet brings.

Sorry for the rant, but people just need to enjoy what they enjoy and let the stuff that annoys them pass them by. I haven't encountered a drumming thread on here that claims someone to be better than someone else.