AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Skyway Heading to Indefinite Hiatus (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2893962)

Jason Tate 09/18/12 11:37 AM

Skyway Heading to Indefinite Hiatus

Skyway are going on an indefinite hiatus after a final tour and releasing a final EP.

Submitted by Avalanche1

kidinthebushes 09/18/12 12:09 PM

I could never get into them.

So that leaves 2 popular Australian pop punk bands?

Theow593 09/18/12 12:14 PM

Birthdays still the greatest track

Chris Collum 09/18/12 12:19 PM

Not

..then no care

formated4tv 09/18/12 12:43 PM

That's a bummer, I just reloaded my MP3 player with their albums the other day, and was hoping they might have something new coming out soon.

PerfectChaos337 09/18/12 02:08 PM

I was surprised with how much I enjoyed this band when I heard of them. Interested to hear that last EP for sure.

WeltallAY 09/18/12 03:32 PM

I saw this on Built on secrets FB today. Apparently this band has had like 5 releases but I've never heard of them til now. Any good? RIYL?

Avalanche1 09/18/12 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeltallAY (Post 113183422)
I saw this on Built on secrets FB today. Apparently this band has had like 5 releases but I've never heard of them til now. Any good? RIYL?

RIYL pop punk

Sad to see this band go. Really liked them.

Archael 09/18/12 04:48 PM

who?

WeWereGiants 09/18/12 07:17 PM

This news devastates me. Finders Keepers was a really good debut album.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidinthebushes (Post 113170642)
I could never get into them.

So that leaves 2 popular Australian pop punk bands?

Tonight Alive and Heroes For Hire are probably the only big ones left... but bands like I Am Villain, Monuments, Colour The Sky, The Decline, Chris Duke and The Royals are all really good Aussie pop an/or punk bands.

AussieBoy 09/18/12 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeWereGiants (Post 113194122)
This news devastates me. Finders Keepers was a really good debut album.

Tonight Alive and Heroes For Hire are probably the only big ones left... but bands like I Am Villain, Monuments, Colour The Sky, The Decline, Chris Duke and The Royals are all really good Aussie pop an/or punk bands.

Devo as well!!. I only really rated them and Tonight Alive as the only good new wave pop/punk in Aust.
Finders Keepers was one of my fave CDs of last year

Maybe Heroes for hire can step up now they have Steve from NFG doing their newie

Maybe Bodyjar and one dollar short can make new songs seeing they did reunion tours

WeltallAY 09/18/12 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalanche1 (Post 113185612)
RIYL pop punk

Sad to see this band go. Really liked them.

I was hoping for a list of similar bands but thanks still. Australia has a superb pedigree of amazing music do I have high hopes.

AussieBoy 09/18/12 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeltallAY (Post 113199252)
I was hoping for a list of similar bands but thanks still. Australia has a superb pedigree of amazing music do I have high hopes.

Australia & nz: heroes for hire, one dollar short, tonight alive, for our heroes, carry me home, for amusement only, 28days, goodnight nurse, bodyjar

Similar overseas: the years gone by, veara, mest, fenix tx, for the win, rufio, this time next year, unwritten law, early Fight fair not the beach boys shit
Skateboarding surf pop punk basically

WeWereGiants 09/19/12 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieBoy (Post 113194952)
Devo as well!!. I only really rated them and Tonight Alive as the only good new wave pop/punk in Aust.
Finders Keepers was one of my fave CDs of last year

Maybe Heroes for hire can step up now they have Steve from NFG doing their newie

Maybe Bodyjar and one dollar short can make new songs seeing they did reunion tours

Finders Keepers should have made waves for them. I'm really excited for Heroes For Hires upcoming album it is shaping up pretty well.

I would love some new music from One Dollar Short. I think their singer actually did guest vocals on Finders Keepers...

WeWereGiants 09/19/12 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeltallAY (Post 113199252)

RIYL: Early New Found Glory with an Australian accent. It's hard to think of anything besides Pop Punk as a recommendation, it's just good.