AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Video: All Time Low - "Somewhere In Neverland" (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2894822)

Drew Beringer 09/19/12 04:18 AM

Video: All Time Low - "Somewhere In Neverland"
 
In the replies is a lyric video for All Time Low's new song "Somewhere In Neverland."

Drew Beringer 09/19/12 04:19 AM


EchoPark 09/19/12 04:36 AM

I must give them credit. They've lasted a lot longer than I thought they would albeit their popularity is waning considerably.

Playsw/Squirels 09/19/12 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EchoPark (Post 113206652)
I must give them credit. They've lasted a lot longer than I thought they would albeit their popularity is waning considerably.

Just curious. Whats makes you think their popularity is waning? Maybe on here the majority of people had a change of heart since they progressively went pop rock, but theyve grown significantly over the world. Dirty Work was 6 on Billboard which was two down from NP, but it also sold way better overseas than NP did. And this record I suspect will continue to show growth and even get in top 3 unless theirs a couple really big pop releases that week.

Even though their demographic has changed a bit, I personally think their still on the rise. and since theyre basically brothers since theyve been doing this since 15-16, and also since I think Alex is an amazing song writer and has a strong voice to keep them relevant to their fanbase, I think they have a long ways to go

Playsw/Squirels 09/19/12 05:06 AM

Also I think its funny how popular these lyric videos have gotten over the last couple years. It's basically a necessity to have one for all big singles. I thinks its pretty cool. Also, people who do them probably makin some good change for doing something (to me) sounds pretty easy. That being said, this one had a couple cool moments when they played with the album artwork. Wouldve been cool if they did some animation with the birds on the cover though

GetUpAndrew 09/19/12 05:12 AM

Lyrics are a bit cheesy, at times, but overall it's not a bad song. For Baltimore is better, for me.

Cody Nelson 09/19/12 05:24 AM

I enjoy this song, surprisingly.

Paulb-182 09/19/12 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playsw/Squirels (Post 113206852)
Also I think its funny how popular these lyric videos have gotten over the last couple years. It's basically a necessity to have one for all big singles. I thinks its pretty cool. Also, people who do them probably makin some good change for doing something (to me) sounds pretty easy. That being said, this one had a couple cool moments when they played with the album artwork. Wouldve been cool if they did some animation with the birds on the cover though

Lyric videos are ridiculously easy to make in iMovie.

Cody Nelson 09/19/12 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playsw/Squirels (Post 113206852)
Also I think its funny how popular these lyric videos have gotten over the last couple years. It's basically a necessity to have one for all big singles. I thinks its pretty cool. Also, people who do them probably makin some good change for doing something (to me) sounds pretty easy. That being said, this one had a couple cool moments when they played with the album artwork. Wouldve been cool if they did some animation with the birds on the cover though


Nobody is making 'good change' in the lyric video business.

JoeSawIt 09/19/12 05:50 AM

Separated is misspelled @ 1:45. Maybe that's nitpicky, but shamon. Minus that, I like the song. I'm always down for some new ATL.

Playsw/Squirels 09/19/12 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cody Nelson (Post 113207152)
Nobody is making 'good change' in the lyric video business.

Yea bad word choice. I was going more for just that they were making easy money. Didnt mean to imply they were making a lot

smw9211 09/19/12 07:04 AM

They keep killing me with the forced rhymes/song titles at the end of the choruses of some of these new songs.

And I miss the days of the "Let It Roll" bridges...

That being said, I actually enjoy this new song.

xHoodieWeather 09/19/12 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playsw/Squirels (Post 113206822)
Just curious. Whats makes you think their popularity is waning? Maybe on here the majority of people had a change of heart since they progressively went pop rock, but theyve grown significantly over the world. Dirty Work was 6 on Billboard which was two down from NP, but it also sold way better overseas than NP did. And this record I suspect will continue to show growth and even get in top 3 unless theirs a couple really big pop releases that week.

Even though their demographic has changed a bit, I personally think their still on the rise. and since theyre basically brothers since theyve been doing this since 15-16, and also since I think Alex is an amazing song writer and has a strong voice to keep them relevant to their fanbase, I think they have a long ways to go



Still love the band, but they definitely lost popularity and momentum.

They went from
Playing 3k+ capacity venues in the US back to house of blues shows.

x0kristennn 09/19/12 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xHoodieWeather (Post 113208502)
Still love the band, but they definitely lost popularity and momentum.

They went from
Playing 3k+ capacity venues in the US back to house of blues shows.



I think most of these shows are sold out or close to it though. I think they are just attempting to get back to their roots and regain some of the fans they may have lost over the years. I'm sure they could have played the larger venues if they wanted to. Paramore, when they released brand new eyes, had already been playing bigger venues (like All Time Low) and went back to HOB for one tour just because they felt like playing slightly more intimate shows.

Playsw/Squirels 09/19/12 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xHoodieWeather (Post 113208502)
Still love the band, but they definitely lost popularity and momentum.

They went from
Playing 3k+ capacity venues in the US back to house of blues shows.

Really? Ive only been a fan of the band only since like 2009-2010 so I was unaware of that. You know what year/tour that was? Im pretty sure at least in Cleveland theyve only headlined at our HOB and nothing higher. Even so, theyve definitely gained more popularity over seas and out of the country in general, which Id say is moving in the right direction.

Could you be talking about the Believers Never Die Tour with Fall Out Boy? Because that was more 3k capacity and amphitheathers, but they were supporting Fall Out Boy and Cobra Starship and only played like 6-7 songs so thats not a fair assessment if thats the tour youre speaking of.

Greg 09/19/12 08:18 AM

Solid jam.

Everyone saying these songs sound like SWIR, please stop. That album was bland and boring for the most part. This song is way better than all of it minus Remembering Sunday.

Jasper112 09/19/12 08:23 AM

Dear lord, what is up with these terrible lyrics...

mbao 09/19/12 08:24 AM

Lyrics still not strong, but improved from Dirty Work. I'm liking the song, really catchy but not painfully overproduced. Sounds like a mix of SWIR and Nothing Personal, and while I liked SWIR more than NP and wish they'd also mix in some TPS styles into that, I enjoyed it well enough.

Can see this playing on the radio, for sure. More than I can imagine I Feel Like Dancing, actually.

JDubs66 09/19/12 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x0kristennn (Post 113209102)
I think most of these shows are sold out or close to it though. I think they are just attempting to get back to their roots and regain some of the fans they may have lost over the years. I'm sure they could have played the larger venues if they wanted to. Paramore, when they released brand new eyes, had already been playing bigger venues (like All Time Low) and went back to HOB for one tour just because they felt like playing slightly more intimate shows.

This.
I'm betting the next headliner they play in the U.S. will back in some of the bigger venues, also i bet this album will make them grow even more, even past the pre dirty work high. (that is assuming they lost a little steam after that record, i personally liked the record for the most part, but there were many who didn't)

i_am_for_you 09/19/12 08:43 AM

I like the pre chorus.

EndlessPrisoner 09/19/12 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbao (Post 113209742)
Lyrics still not strong, but improved from Dirty Work. I'm liking the song, really catchy but not painfully overproduced. Sounds like a mix of SWIR and Nothing Personal, and while I liked SWIR more than NP and wish they'd also mix in some TPS styles into that, I enjoyed it well enough.

Can see this playing on the radio, for sure. More than I can imagine I Feel Like Dancing, actually.

Three years ago maybe, if you've listened to mainstream radio lately, there's pretty much no "rock" music left on it.

Currently, we have Neon Trees, fun., Gotye, and Linkin Park. Linkin Park isn't even getting close to where they used to be. I'm not counting Maroon 5, because there's zero rock left in their music.

xHoodieWeather 09/19/12 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playsw/Squirels (Post 113209122)
Really? Ive only been a fan of the band only since like 2009-2010 so I was unaware of that. You know what year/tour that was? Im pretty sure at least in Cleveland theyve only headlined at our HOB and nothing higher. Even so, theyve definitely gained more popularity over seas and out of the country in general, which Id say is moving in the right direction.

Could you be talking about the Believers Never Die Tour with Fall Out Boy? Because that was more 3k capacity and amphitheathers, but they were supporting Fall Out Boy and Cobra Starship and only played like 6-7 songs so thats not a fair assessment if thats the tour youre speaking of.


Last two shows I've been to we're sold out 3500 capacity room and a big festival they headlined. Their shows decreased in size because of the repetitive sets, decrease in music quality, and now less label backing due to the change again.

iseejosh 09/19/12 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndlessPrisoner (Post 113210122)
Three years ago maybe, if you've listened to mainstream radio lately, there's pretty much no "rock" music left on it.

Currently, we have Neon Trees, fun., Gotye, and Linkin Park. Linkin Park isn't even getting close to where they used to be. I'm not counting Maroon 5, because there's zero rock left in their music.

Yeah, that fact alone about rock music is somewhat sad. I'm hoping The Killers new record gets some mainstream attention. Even Blink-182 couldnt get a hit single. Sadly, I cant see this making All Time Low any bigger, just gaining back the old fans that wrote them off after Dirty Work.

iseejosh 09/19/12 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xHoodieWeather (Post 113210192)
Last two shows I've been to we're sold out 3500 capacity room and a big festival they headlined. Their shows decreased in size because of the repetitive sets, decrease in music quality, and now less label backing due to the change again.

Right when Nothing Personal they could pull off those size venues. When they headined the last Bamboozle fest they could barely fill the amphitheater down here is South FL, and have always played and sold out Revolution which is 1,000 cap venue.

EndlessPrisoner 09/19/12 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iseejosh (Post 113210352)
Yeah, that fact alone about rock music is somewhat sad. I'm hoping The Killers new record gets some mainstream attention. Even Blink-182 couldnt get a hit single. Sadly, I cant see this making All Time Low any bigger, just gaining back the old fans that wrote them off after Dirty Work.

Pretty much. Weightless was their chance to blow up, and for some reason, that just didn't work.

punkcrap 09/19/12 09:39 AM

This song sounds really promising:



Already enjoy this album better than Dirty Work

DevinDomino 09/19/12 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndlessPrisoner (Post 113210572)
Pretty much. Weightless was their chance to blow up, and for some reason, that just didn't work.


Label ability. Hopeless isn't a bad label at all, but if 'Nothing Personal' was released on Interscope (and possibly three years before '09), 'Weightless' would have been forced down our throats.

RockVocalPower 09/19/12 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iseejosh (Post 113210432)
Right when Nothing Personal they could pull off those size venues. When they headined the last Bamboozle fest they could barely fill the amphitheater down here is South FL, and have always played and sold out Revolution which is 1,000 cap venue.


You can't judge ANYTHING off the Bamboozle Roadshow. That tour was an unmitigated disaster and most of the blame falls on John D and the various agents.

EndlessPrisoner 09/19/12 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevinDomino (Post 113212372)
Label ability. Hopeless isn't a bad label at all, but if 'Nothing Personal' was released on Interscope (and possibly three years before '09), 'Weightless' would have been forced down our throats.

Figured, didnt want to assume though. Who knows? I just felt they stopped pushing the song too quickly and moved onto Damned If I Do Ya

iseejosh 09/19/12 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockVocalPower (Post 113213142)
You can't judge ANYTHING off the Bamboozle Roadshow. That tour was an unmitigated disaster and most of the blame falls on John D and the various agents.

I would imagine so, I dont see how he could ever think ATL and BLG could fill up 20,000+ venues, even with help from solid support.

Rysker6 09/19/12 10:37 AM

I dig this. Like many, aside from "Heroes" and one other song I can't remember the name of, "Dirty Work" just didn't want to be my friend. But, I like liking All Time Low again. Can't wait to pick this record up.

Joey-Wan Kenobi 09/19/12 11:20 AM

This chorus is growing on me with every listen. I like me some ATL with catchy lyrics to the point of where it seems like they didn't even try while writing them (while we all know it's often tedious to come up with the perfect combination of simple lyrics). that being said, i hope this album goes on a cheap-ass-hell sale at best buy or something so i can own the physical copy.

Fringe 09/19/12 11:23 AM

Still such a good song

Hotpants182 09/19/12 11:37 AM

this new song is really great

DevinDomino 09/19/12 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndlessPrisoner (Post 113213272)
Figured, didnt want to assume though. Who knows? I just felt they stopped pushing the song too quickly and moved onto Damned If I Do Ya

That's one of the few, yet very big, problems for Hopeless. They tend to move on to the next thing too quickly. All promotion for The Wonder Years' 'Suburbia...', Yellowcard's last two albums, and 'Nothing Personal' seems to quickly dwindle down once the album is released. I get that there is only so much you can do once an album is out and a month has gone buy and it's pretty much hit it's peak in sales. But they seem to give up too quickly and just go on to the next phase. Of course, you can see it as a problem or not a problem because their roster consistently puts out solid music.

EndlessPrisoner 09/19/12 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevinDomino (Post 113216742)
That's one of the few, yet very big, problems for Hopeless. They tend to move on to the next thing too quickly. All promotion for The Wonder Years' 'Suburbia...', Yellowcard's last two albums, and 'Nothing Personal' seems to quickly dwindle down once the album is released. I get that there is only so much you can do once an album is out and a month has gone buy and it's pretty much hit it's peak in sales. But they seem to give up too quickly and just go on to the next phase. Of course, you can see it as a problem or not a problem because their roster consistently puts out solid music.


I disagree regarding TWY. Their promotional stuff is absolutely top notch. That book, the Hank plushies, etc, bunch of dumb stuff that their fanbase eats up endlessly. Theyre doing insanely well. YC...probably. Here I Am Alive has the biggest shot of any band in this scene (disregarding fun. At this point) to have an enormous track this year.

DevinDomino 09/19/12 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndlessPrisoner (Post 113217552)
I disagree regarding TWY. Their promotional stuff is absolutely top notch. That book, the Hank plushies, etc, bunch of dumb stuff that their fanbase eats up endlessly. Theyre doing insanely well. YC...probably. Here I Am Alive has the biggest shot of any band in this scene (disregarding fun. At this point) to have an enormous track this year.

Well, I didn't mean Merch stuff. I'm specifically talking about albums and songs. All Time Low and The Wonder Years have probably two of the most active merch stores in this entire "scene". But as far as promoting albums after the fact, or promoting singles, they (Hopeless) don't do particularly well. Sure, you can hear the new All Time Low songs on ESPN and they even had 'This Is How We Do' on a few times back in 2007, but outside of that, they fall short. It could be that All Time Low is just a easily marketable band. I mean, monkeys could market that band (What does that say about Interscope?), and that's why we don't hear 'Here I Am Alive' in the mainstream world, and Yellowcard or The Wonder Years didn't play any late night shows to market their albums.

EndlessPrisoner 09/19/12 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevinDomino (Post 113218262)
Well, I didn't mean Merch stuff. I'm specifically talking about albums and songs. All Time Low and The Wonder Years have probably two of the most active merch stores in this entire "scene". But as far as promoting albums after the fact, or promoting singles, they (Hopeless) don't do particularly well. Sure, you can hear the new All Time Low songs on ESPN and they even had 'This Is How We Do' on a few times back in 2007, but outside of that, they fall short. It could be that All Time Low is just a easily marketable band. I mean, monkeys could market that band (What does that say about Interscope?), and that's why we don't hear 'Here I Am Alive' in the mainstream world, and Yellowcard or The Wonder Years didn't play any late night shows to market their albums.

TWY isn't a band that is "late night show"esque. They aren't a band that's going to move outside this scene more than likely.

DevinDomino 09/19/12 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndlessPrisoner (Post 113218582)
TWY isn't a band that is "late night show"esque. They aren't a band that's going to move outside this scene more than likely.

That's true, but that isn't the only way to market a band. I agree that they are one of the harder bands to sell to someone, but there are still effective ways. They do well though, not to say Hopeless completely leaves their bands stranded in shit *Ahem-drive thru* but like we said before, they move very quickly, but that may just be what's necessary with the average consumer's attention span about 10x shorter than it was a decade ago.

Archael 09/19/12 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playsw/Squirels (Post 113206852)
Also I think its funny how popular these lyric videos have gotten over the last couple years. It's basically a necessity to have one for all big singles. I thinks its pretty cool.


Probably because a lyrics video is better and easier to do than make a crapfuck video. These things rule, bands really need to release the lyrics to all of their songs if they don't already.


Quote:

Originally Posted by smw9211 (Post 113208272)
They keep killing me with the forced rhymes/song titles at the end of the choruses of some of these new songs. And I miss the days of the "Let It Roll" bridges...


Agreed with the first part, but Let It Roll is easily one of the worst songs SWIR.

Archael 09/19/12 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndlessPrisoner (Post 113218582)
TWY isn't a band that is "late night show"esque. They aren't a band that's going to move outside this scene more than likely.

Yep, they are also very overrated.

EndlessPrisoner 09/19/12 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archael (Post 113220632)
Yep, they are also very overrated.

No, they are not. Fantastic band, at the lead of almost every other pop punk band out there. Putting a lot of the old classics to shame as well.

Archael 09/19/12 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndlessPrisoner (Post 113221412)
No, they are not. Fantastic band, at the lead of almost every other pop punk band out there. Putting a lot of the old classics to shame as well.

Well some of the old classics aren't good at all to begin with so even if that were true (which it probably isn't), it's not really an accomplishment.

pepster50 09/19/12 01:33 PM

wow i actually really liked the song

brian.yof 09/19/12 01:42 PM

Anyone else notice a slight The Starting Line sound right before the chorus?

crashofwaves 09/19/12 01:55 PM

This was on repeat for most of the day when it got leaked.

Playsw/Squirels 09/19/12 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian.yof (Post 113224022)
Anyone else notice a slight The Starting Line sound right before the chorus?

I didn't at first, but listening I can kidn of hear it. Since Im a nerd, I had to look and find similarities. I mean the melody is slightly different, but the prechorus' to this and Best of Me are fairly similar and end on the first note of the key (which isnt saying much haha) and have a break and only a semitone difference in key, so i can see it.

When I first listened I got more similarity between the two with the octave guitars in the intro and reintro after the first chorus. Different melodies of course but same concept.

saddr weirdr 09/19/12 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playsw/Squirels (Post 113225472)
I didn't at first, but listening I can kidn of hear it. Since Im a nerd, I had to look and find similarities. I mean the melody is slightly different, but the prechorus' to this and Best of Me are fairly similar and end on the first note of the key (which isnt saying much haha) and have a break and only a semitone difference in key, so i can see it.

When I first listened I got more similarity between the two with the octave guitars in the intro and reintro after the first chorus. Different melodies of course but same concept.

I listened to it with TSL in mind and I can sort of hear "The World" in it.

Capulet 09/19/12 03:39 PM

sont is amazing

Jaimehere 09/19/12 04:05 PM

Digging this a LOT more than For Baltimore, I hope this isn't just little sparks of brilliance like Weightless/Damned If Do Ya from Nothing Personal.