AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Listen To Coheed and Cambria's Title Track (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2901892)

Keagan Ilvonen 09/25/12 10:13 PM

Listen To Coheed and Cambria's Title Track

You can stream Coheed and Cambria's new song "The Afterman" on Rolling Stone.

Submitted by RyanGarner

AndyMania 09/25/12 10:17 PM

oh yessss, this is feels so good. eppard's drumming is so awesome in the bridge.

smowashere 09/25/12 10:17 PM

i like.

XenoLovegood 09/25/12 10:21 PM

AOTY 2012, calling it now. THE HEED!!

Starbury 09/25/12 10:27 PM

Sweeeetttt

snoboardnfreek 09/25/12 10:34 PM

wow it's so different, i like

RyanGarner 09/25/12 10:35 PM

This is exactly what I wanted to hear from them. The drumming is excellent and I really like the palm muted guitar with a bit of delay. Cannot wait for the full thing.

Asthenia-182 09/25/12 10:35 PM

Unbelievable. It's only 3 minutes long.

thedaywedied 09/25/12 10:45 PM

Everything I hear from this album makes me more and more excited.

tonyC4L 09/25/12 10:52 PM

Really like this. Man, nothing I've heard from this album is disappointing me; can't wait til I can hear the whole thing.

muzik4lyf5000 09/25/12 10:53 PM

best coheed song I've heard in 8 years. \m/ so rad.

irthesteve 09/25/12 11:06 PM

not bad, but not my favorite

wtfjaked 09/25/12 11:09 PM

Very different than Domino. Nevertheless, it's an amazing song.

EDIT: Also vinyls are available to preorder now too in case anyone didn't know.

sargentlgfuad 09/25/12 11:18 PM

Ok. I wish it kinda actually built up to something and he sang a little bit more. But, we'll see in the context of the album.

PHI Flyers10 09/26/12 12:11 AM

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. My dick just shot through the floor of the people living in the dorm above me.

DisenShaanted 09/26/12 12:22 AM

This is awesome. Reminds me of the way "Feathers" feels, but sadder.

Merve 09/26/12 01:28 AM

It sounds different from their other stuff. But it's great nonetheless.

Deathco_019 09/26/12 05:12 AM

These comments make me wish I weren't in class right now so I could listen to this song. Gonna have to wait another three hours...

So unbelievably excited!!!

SteveLikesMusic 09/26/12 05:19 AM

Wonderful. This album is shaping up to be stellar.

COCAIV 09/26/12 05:29 AM

The acoustic version of this is soooo much better.....ugh

bobsheiskawy 09/26/12 05:38 AM

cool stuff. that bass drum at the end is reminiscent of a heartbeat.

thesinkingship 09/26/12 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COCAIV (Post 113485352)
The acoustic version of this is soooo much better.....ugh

Haha, you can use a computer pretty well for being mentally handicapped

Deathco_019 09/26/12 05:48 AM

I've always enjoyed full-band Coheed a lot more than acoustic Coheed.

SuNDaYSTaR 09/26/12 05:53 AM

The best thing I've heard from them in a long time.

COCAIV 09/26/12 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesinkingship (Post 113485562)
Haha, you can use a computer pretty well for being mentally handicapped

Ha ha, I didn't know having a different opinion is correlated with a mental handicap. Heed' fans must not know how to take criticism well....

thesinkingship 09/26/12 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COCAIV (Post 113485942)
Ha ha, I didn't know having a different opinion is correlated with a mental handicap. Heed' fans must not know how to take criticism well....

You can have a different opinion or criticize whatever you want. The "acoustic version" is just in no way better than this version. It just is not.

Deathco_019 09/26/12 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesinkingship (Post 113486012)
You can have a different opinion or criticize whatever you want. The "acoustic version" is just in no way better than this version. It just is not.

Opinion.

wtfjaked 09/26/12 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wait now here (Post 113483832)
Hate to be a downer and it is a decent song but it almost seems like it would fit way better as a Prize Fighter song. In fact if wonder if it was a PFI song originally. I realize they are 10 years older and Domino was pretty progressive and everything but what happened to the constantly energetic, epic, emotion packed albums like SSTB and IKSOSE3? SSTB literally didn't let up with how energetic it was. I have nothing against things going softer and more chill but even the similar moments in those past albums usually blew up into something awesome and unexpected. Godsend Conspirator or Light and The Glass for example both started out soft then were wild by the end. This just seems unfinished for a Coheed track...or like a PFI song.

My first thought was it sounded like a PFI song. I still like it a lot though.

markyconnolly 09/26/12 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtfjaked (Post 113481852)
Very different than Domino. Nevertheless, it's an amazing song.

EDIT: Also vinyls are available to preorder now too in case anyone didn't know.

www.thepluralofvinyl.com

thesinkingship 09/26/12 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathco_019 (Post 113486042)
Opinion.

Nah, it's fact that the studio version is better than a cam recorded acoustic performance. Anyone who says otherwise is not giving a real opinion.

Deathco_019 09/26/12 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesinkingship (Post 113486162)
Nah, it's fact that the studio version is better than a cam recorded acoustic performance. Anyone who says otherwise is not giving a real opinion.

Okay.

COCAIV 09/26/12 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesinkingship (Post 113486012)

See? that's the wonderful thing about opinions, you have yours and I have mine. You saying that it's better doesn't mean that it IS better, me saying it sucks doesn't mean that either.

Trust me, I want to like every single track on this upcoming album with all my heart. I've been a fan since I was 15, and it's a band that I hold near and dear to my soul. Here's to hoping!

thesinkingship 09/26/12 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COCAIV (Post 113486272)
See? that's the wonderful thing about opinions, you have yours and I have mine. You saying that it's better doesn't mean that it IS better, me saying it sucks doesn't mean that either.

Trust me, I want to like every single track on this upcoming album with all my heart. I've been a fan since I was 15, and it's a band that I hold near and dear to my soul. Here's to hoping!

I don't need to like every song on this record. I'm okay with not liking songs. I'm okay with other people not liking songs. You just have an incorrect "opinion". It's that simple.

Deathco_019 09/26/12 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesinkingship (Post 113486452)
I don't need to like every song on this record. I'm okay with not liking songs. I'm okay with other people not liking songs. You just have an incorrect "opinion". It's that simple.

You must realize you sound like a complete moron right now.

If you're saying he's allowed to not like songs, then that's all there is to it. Let it go. Let him like the acoustic version more.

COCAIV 09/26/12 06:23 AM

Quote:

You putting the word opinion in quotation marks doesn't change the meaning of the word, here, I ripped this straight out of the dictionary.

Opinion:
"a personal view, attitude, or appraisal."

An opinion has the impossibility of being wrong.

whenyourearound 09/26/12 06:27 AM

Quote:

guess what?!?! I've never heard the acoustic version and I like it better, suck on that.

Fool 09/26/12 06:27 AM

Oh man, this song is incredible. Sounds a little PFI but what's wrong with coheed using a bit of that? I mean Claudio does write the songs for both. I really like this sound for them and it'll be cool to see what this track builds up to in the next song.

P.S. Don't feed the trolls.

COCAIV 09/26/12 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fool (Post 113486632)

P.S. Don't feed the trolls.

Ha ha, too late, I already gave into it. It's fun.

whenyourearound 09/26/12 06:34 AM

I always forget about feeding the trolls, but I just couldn't let this stupidity continue without throwing something in there.

Deathco_019 09/26/12 06:36 AM

I've never listened to PFI. I think I'm going to have to with all this talk about it.

thesinkingship 09/26/12 06:42 AM

lol, people need to stop throwing the term troll around so loosely. Just because you have an opinion and another person has an opinion doesn't make each person objectively correct in their own way. There is such a thing as a wrong opinion and I was calling that out.

weirderthanu210 09/26/12 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesinkingship (Post 113487062)
lol, people need to stop throwing the term troll around so loosely. Just because you have an opinion and another person has an opinion doesn't make each person objectively correct in their own way. There is such a thing as a wrong opinion and I was calling that out.

Wow, this may top the dumbest thing I've ever read on the internet. Congrats.

whenyourearound 09/26/12 07:15 AM

Quote:

For the love of God, can you please explain how an opinion can be wrong?

Deathco_019 09/26/12 07:42 AM

I remember when Taking Back Sunday released the demo for Best Places To Be A Mom back in the fall of 2010. A lot of fans' biggest complaint was that they took part of the ending out that they would play live, so a lot of fans liked the live version more (until the album version came in 2011).

I feel like that scenario applies here as well. Just because it's live footage (a good quality footage at that) doesn't mean a person can't like it more than a studio recording.

Deathco_019 09/26/12 07:54 AM

Just listened to the song. I really like everything about it. The riff is delicate and beautiful, the strings are icing on the cake, and that bridge is phenomenal.

I've only listened to two songs from the album so far, but I already like this album a lot more than NWFT and YOTBR. 13 days!!!

CrypticHistory 09/26/12 08:37 AM

Quote:

My favorite color is blue and it always has been blue. So now you're saying my opinion has a possibility of being incorrect? You mean to tell me that I might have been subconsciously lying to myself all these years and my real favorite color could be orange or red or purple? WHO ARE YOU?!

But seriously. Rethink what you just said. How can you argue that someone's personal opinion is wrong? It's literally impossible.

COCAIV 09/26/12 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrypticHistory (Post 113490262)
My favorite color is blue and it always has been blue. So now you're saying my opinion has a possibility of being incorrect? You mean to tell me that I might have been subconsciously lying to myself all these years and my real favorite color could be orange or red or purple? WHO ARE YOU?!

But seriously. Rethink what you just said. How can you argue that someone's personal opinion is wrong? It's literally impossible.

That's what I'm saying lawlz. Maybe I need to break it down further. I like the acoustic version better because it doesn't have any delay which is something that I PERSONALLY hate. The delay muffles some of the intricate guitar work which I can't percieve as well with my hearing if you use that kind of effect.

You cannot tell me that I'm wrong. I mean....I guess you can......

TriangularDuck 09/26/12 08:58 AM

Another brilliant song conceptually. This one's from Mary, Sirius's wife's perspective. She's very concerned about Sirius because no one's ever entered the Keywork before, and she thinks he might die, or never come back.

If he's not here, then where...

The delicate tone of the vocals combined with the crashing guitars at the crescendo work so well. This is easily going to be the album with the strongest link to the story, and it's going to be fucking awesome.

And it's going to get to be my album of the year for 2012 and 2013. Between the three tracks we've heard so far (and Sentry for Descension), this already blows their last two albums out of the fucking water. Hell yeah motherfuckers.

jonwangcb 09/26/12 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriangularDuck (Post 113490942)
Another brilliant song conceptually. This one's from Mary, Sirius's wife's perspective. She's very concerned about Sirius because no one's ever entered the Keywork before, and she thinks he might die, or never come back.

If he's not here, then where...

Source?

RyanGarner 09/26/12 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonwangcb (Post 113491452)
Source?

Claudio talked about it in one of the videos explaining the concept.