AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Original Members of The Beach Boys Get Fired (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2903612)

Jason Tate 09/27/12 10:11 AM

Original Members of The Beach Boys Get Fired
 
Brian Wilson, Al Jardine and David Marks have been fired from the Beach Boys.

Submitted by Aphasia17

Keagan Ilvonen 09/27/12 10:13 AM

Mike Love is a douchebag.

SSLYBY 09/27/12 10:13 AM

Wow.

SuNDaYSTaR 09/27/12 10:14 AM

Who?

Joey-Wan Kenobi 09/27/12 10:17 AM

WAIT! ... this is completely hilarious. We all know that Brian is a d-bag sometimes, but why would he fire the talented members? Dumb.

drewinseries 09/27/12 10:18 AM

Lol wut.

COREhorizon 09/27/12 10:20 AM

Nothing to say but whatthefuckingfuck

incognitojones 09/27/12 10:22 AM

Brian Wilson > Mike Love

Fuck I should have seen them this summer.

oldwirehands 09/27/12 10:22 AM

lolwut

tarynnosaurus! 09/27/12 10:24 AM

wat.

EndlessPrisoner 09/27/12 10:24 AM

lolololololololol
awful, but for some reason i find this hilarious.

brook183 09/27/12 10:26 AM

What?

caveBEAR 09/27/12 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey-Wan Kenobi (Post 113533772)
WAIT! ... this is completely hilarious. We all know that Brian is a d-bag sometimes, but why would he fire the talented members? Dumb.


Brian Wilson was one of the fired people. I know, I know, reading is tough.

Happy I got to see them on the tour that just passed, looks like that may have been it for them.

schlotty 09/27/12 10:27 AM

Da fuk

ChaseTx 09/27/12 10:28 AM

Not that I know much about the Beach Boys, but isn't Brian the main songwriter or something?

jimmyeatsboys 09/27/12 10:29 AM

hahahaha Brian Wilson should've fired the Beach Boys.

Robb 09/27/12 10:31 AM

Mike Love is the only member I respect, because he came through for the We Love Our Children Telethon '90.

Alex DiVincenzo 09/27/12 10:32 AM

Oof.

trolland10 09/27/12 10:33 AM

this would be big news in the 1960s

xBranx 09/27/12 10:36 AM

That's unreal.

NorthstarPark 09/27/12 10:36 AM

...and he has the last name Love? Oh wait so does Courtney Love, forget I said anything.

Paris1nFlames 09/27/12 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyeatsboys (Post 113534312)
hahahaha Brian Wilson should've fired the Beach Boys.


^this

Holly HoX! 09/27/12 10:38 AM

This would be like Ringo kicking out Paul, John and George.

caveBEAR 09/27/12 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaseTx (Post 113534262)
Not that I know much about the Beach Boys, but isn't Brian the main songwriter or something?


They're all primary writers. Brian writes a lot/most of the songs when he's in the band, but the other guys all write as well, specifically when Wilson is off Wilson'ing.

Mike Love owns the rights to 'The Beach Boys', so he can pull shit like this. Love would also rather play Kokomo with John Stamos, whereas Wilson would rather play obscure songs from their obscure albums - two personality types that are hard to meld.

Love will probably tour with a hired band, as the Beach Boys, and Wilson will probably tour under his own name or as te Beach Boys Band. Jardine may play with him.

anthonydarko 09/27/12 10:39 AM

Lol at Mike Love.

PirateSkater182 09/27/12 10:40 AM

What in the actual fuck...

bradsonemanband 09/27/12 10:40 AM

Mike, where is the Love?

Holly HoX! 09/27/12 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trolland10 (Post 113534612)
this would be big news in the 1960s


Totally. You know, because they just released a new album with the original members in June and are touring together right now.




Idiot.

Ryan Dennehy 09/27/12 10:42 AM

mike love is a great troll

tomtom94 09/27/12 10:45 AM

Genuinely staggered at the sheer hilarity of this. Did Mike Love think that people wouldn't notice and/or care?

Keagan Ilvonen 09/27/12 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly HoX! (Post 113534892)
This would be like Ringo kicking out Paul, John and George.

Bingo.

poppunkwayo 09/27/12 10:48 AM

fuck mike love

wolves_machines 09/27/12 10:51 AM

Even happier now that I caught them with Brian over the summer. Mike Love was redeeming himself in my book by putting a lot of focus on Brian and giving him a ton of credit during all the promotion of their new album and tour. While I expected them to part ways again after the tour, it bums me out that it wasn't mutual, especially since Brian wants to continue with them.

Thursdaysox 09/27/12 10:53 AM

SO happy I saw them this summer. They were incredible.

RockVocalPower 09/27/12 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly HoX! (Post 113534892)
This would be like Ringo kicking out Paul, John and George.


Not really an equal comparison. Mike Love was the co-frontman and was far more integral to the Beach Boys than Ringo ever was to the Beatles.

Still, he's kind of a dbag.

kidinthebushes 09/27/12 10:55 AM

What is the difference between getting kicked out and getting fired?

bladerdude360 09/27/12 10:56 AM

For real?

danielplaysbass 09/27/12 10:56 AM

so much for wanting to see them play now

TheDemosRock 09/27/12 10:57 AM

From one point of view, this is ridiculous.
From another, it's a big I TOLD YOU SO moment for everyone who saw their "comeback" performances on TV and thought they sounded like shit.

TomAce 09/27/12 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trolland10 (Post 113534612)
this would be big news in the 1960s

where the fuck do you get off stealing my signature?

change that. the shit you say is dumb and i dont want anyone to think we know each other.

edit: actually, dont. for the purpose of advertising limbeck, I will bite that social bullet.

Aphasia17 09/27/12 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incognitojones (Post 113533902)
Brian Wilson > Mike Love

Fuck I should have seen them this summer.


Exactly what I was thinking. We should've known Love was too much of a douche to let the good times roll on for very long.

TomAce 09/27/12 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockVocalPower (Post 113535712)
Not really an equal comparison. Mike Love was the co-frontman and was far more integral to the Beach Boys than Ringo ever was to the Beatles.

Still, he's kind of a dbag.

an argument can be made that ringo made the beatles what they are

regardless, things like this make me wish Dennis Wilson was still alive. he'd crack a bottle over Mike Loves head and tell him he's fired. you can't fire a Wilson from the Beach Boys, I don't care what copyright you have.

Star Slight 09/27/12 11:07 AM

Everyone go listen to Wild Honey

trolland10 09/27/12 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomAce (Post 113536412)
where the fuck do you get off stealing my signature?

change that. the shit you say is dumb and i dont want anyone to think we know each other.

edit: actually, dont. for the purpose of advertising limbeck, I will bite that social bullet.

i'm kidding, man. but technically my statement is entirely correct. this would be huge news in the 1960s

Holly HoX! 09/27/12 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomAce (Post 113536482)
an argument can be made that ringo made the beatles what they are

regardless, things like this make me wish Dennis Wilson was still alive. he'd crack a bottle over Mike Loves head and tell him he's fired. you can't fire a Wilson from the Beach Boys, I don't care what copyright you have.


Dennis' solo shit is dank with a capital D

TomAce 09/27/12 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly HoX! (Post 113536842)
Dennis' solo shit is dank with a capital D

it's got a purpleish reddish hue

caveBEAR 09/27/12 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDemosRock (Post 113535962)
From one point of view, this is ridiculous.
From another, it's a big I TOLD YOU SO moment for everyone who saw their "comeback" performances on TV and thought they sounded like shit.


They were downright flawless when I saw them live. The songs all sounded better live than their counterparts on record. They harmonies are stronger, there's better instrumentation... The concert they put on in St. Augustine was one of the best concerts I've seen, and those old lunatics played for 3 hours.

Jack Appleby 09/27/12 11:21 AM

I really hope Buckethead ends up in the Beach Boys.

seanwaits 09/27/12 11:23 AM

Brian Wilson IS the beach boys.....

caveBEAR 09/27/12 11:24 AM

Fred Mascherino, Matt Fazzi & Matt Rubano will be filling out The Beach Boys line-up now. Wilson & Jardine will tour as a hop-hop duo, Da Beach Boiz.