AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Sleeping With Sirens Recording New Album (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2903842)

Keagan Ilvonen 09/27/12 06:51 PM

If I was still super into scene music I could see this band being one of my favorites.

Mattylikesfilms 09/27/12 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomedayTheFire (Post 113550202)
At least the grammar is right. It's hardly an idiotic statement. I think it is the single worst title I've come across. Disagree? I don't really care.

You obviously haven't come across much music in your lifetime.

pepster50 09/27/12 07:34 PM

enjoyed everything they've put out so far. Really excited for this !

InfiniteArms 09/27/12 07:50 PM

High hopes for this one

(. j) 09/27/12 08:36 PM

I liked their first album but couldn't get into the second one. The terrible title didn't help it much either. I'll still check this out regardless.

Potter117 09/27/12 09:30 PM

Hey there people! Sorry to be really annoying and posting something completely off topic. But I really need your votes for this Pierce the Veil cover contest on TopBlip.com where we had to cover their song "King For A Day". The contest started Sept. 21st and we started out in a bracket of 64 people with each person matched up against one other person. We're now currently 1 of 8 people left in our bracket and we're in the quarterfinals.

So here's the deal. We have a really tough match-up this time so we really need everyone to help us out and vote for our cover by going to the link below. You can vote with your facebook and twitter account if you have one or create an account with your email account. Also be sure to "Like" the video as well as tweet it to your followers if you have a twitter account. Any help is very much appreciated.

You can vote once a day. We need as many votes as we can get so make sure you get your votes in before 4pm this Saturday, Sept. 29th, which is when the voting for the quarterfinals ends.

http://www.topblip.com/contest/bracket/113/4404

Mattylikesfilms 09/27/12 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meech (Post 113556032)
that's AP.net for ya

Read his original statement.

11:11 09/27/12 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattylikesfilms (Post 113561222)
Read his original statement.

Disagreeing with someone over something as trivial as this isn't a green light to go ahead and call them an idiot. I don't think there's anything wrong with the title, but clearly he does, and amazingly people like different things! Stop acting like a child; if you have nothing nice to say, just keep it to yourself. I can't believe I even have to type this.

11:11 09/27/12 10:36 PM

That being said, if they keep progressing, this could be a great album.

sta7ic 09/27/12 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomedayTheFire (Post 113545492)
Lets Cheers To This is still the single most retarded album name in history.

There's a story behind the title.

It's something about the singer's little nephew or cousin said the the name of the title. The singer told this story in an interview somewhere.

xerickx24 09/28/12 01:08 AM

These guys got potential. i enjoy there work so i hope it comes out better than people are expecting it to be.

Ohaidere 09/28/12 04:44 AM

I actually really liked their debut album, but then they sort of went into that sophomore slump and released a pretty "meh" album. We'll never have another album like their debut and that means I have given up hope on them. I surrender these boys to the tweens.

George_mm 09/28/12 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomedayTheFire (Post 113545492)
Lets Cheers To This is still the single most retarded album name in history.

Genuinely curious as to why you think that, so please explain!

tortags 09/28/12 12:03 PM

I liked the debut instantly, but it took a while to get into "Let's Cheers to This'". If it could be more pulling like the debut, it'll do great for me.

Niko John 09/28/12 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lfjlol (Post 113551692)
1) love your avatar. dbm is one of my favorite albums. 12 hours 630 miles has been my ringtone for the last 4 years. 2) post cards and Polaroids, and fire, and the title track are really good songs as well, imo.

I love you. Dance Gavin Dance is my favorite band of all time.