AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  I Guess That's a Band Name (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2903982)

Feenucks 09/27/12 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly HoX! (Post 113548712)
nice name. douches. sooooo edgy.

"not because of the trial" don't be fucking stupid. you could have easily changed the name. oh, and by the way, the news on that whole case broke LAST YEAR (2011) and the band started this year. morons.

good luck getting a show.



Holly HoX! 09/27/12 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feenucks (Post 113552192)
1. Sandusky, OH

2. It's possible they had the name before that Penn State business, but I don't care enough to find out.

Yeah, well you can just read their about and they give the "background" of the name.

Which is just a line of bullshit if you don't know how to read.

Ollie McKraut 09/27/12 08:11 PM

Name is not that offensive in my opinion; "Sandusky" applied to many different things long before Jerry, to include Cedar Point's location.

Pretty silly selection from among virtually unlimited options in 2012 though.

iAMhollyood315 09/27/12 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ollie McKraut (Post 113554502)
Name is not that offensive in my opinion; "Sandusky" applied to many different things long before Jerry, to include Cedar Point's location.

Pretty silly selection from among virtually unlimited options in 2012 though.

so thats why you change your name unless you want your band named to be associated with a sick monster of an individual

it'd be the same thing as having a band called Hitler, although not as offensive for obvious reasons

brook183 09/27/12 08:46 PM

Cedar Point is the bestest. I will not let that man tarnish its image.

cjudge90 09/27/12 09:02 PM

this is the suck. billie joe meets country meets dangerous summer meets a giant pile of shit.

UnderMyDreams 09/27/12 09:05 PM

Who cares where they say they got their band name from? There's a billion things to name your band; and this is their first song.

So, in short, fuck them.

Feenucks 09/27/12 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly HoX! (Post 113552872)
Yeah, well you can just read their about and they give the "background" of the name.

Which is just a line of bullshit if you don't know how to read.


I don't care enough to investigate. Based on the comments, the song isn't even good. Not sure how much of that is based on it actually being bad or bias towards the name, though.

As Ben 'Yahtzee' Crowshaw said, "Since the Internet is almost diametrically opposed to the notion of quality control, in recent years its become easier to just assume everything is shit until it can prove itself otherwise."

Not an exact quote, but you get the idea.

Holly HoX! 09/27/12 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feenucks (Post 113557452)
I don't care enough to investigate. Based on the comments, the song isn't even good. Not sure how much of that is based on it actually being bad or bias towards the name, though.

As Ben 'Yahtzee' Crowshaw said, "Since the Internet is almost diametrically opposed to the notion of quality control, in recent years its become easier to just assume everything is shit until it can prove itself otherwise."

Not an exact quote, but you get the idea.

That has nothing to do with what I said. The quality of their music, or obvious lack thereof, is besides the point. They took this name knowing full-well of the disgusting situation and still went with it. Like others have said, they could have came up with any other name. These guys are dipshits. End of story. It's not edgy. It's not cool. They are going to get "cred" or people to book them at any venue (if that's even something they are trying to do).

I don't even know why I typed this much, because it's just so obvious that these guys are fucking tools for naming their band this. That's my opinion, I guess.

Ohaidere 09/27/12 09:51 PM

It's just a name. Get Jerry out of your minds people.

youenvydoug 09/27/12 11:05 PM

Song isn't good.

davidarechiga 09/28/12 12:36 AM

Not Terrible.

good088456 09/28/12 02:24 AM

Professional replica watches supplier for you, Rolex, Breitling, Omega and other brands with Huge Discounts,all luxury watches for sale cheap and cheapest only $59 best replica watches

B.Leibo 09/28/12 06:00 AM

At least you're not the Baltimore area sports reporter Gerry Sandusky


http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/local_n...jerry-sandusky

Anthony Sorendino 09/28/12 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therookielot (Post 113549732)
Nothing special is an overstatement. Though, this reminds of the times in high school when I'd think of what I thought were clever band names, so I'd sit on a purevolume domain...nothing ever manifested.

Well that wouldn't do you any good without a trademark, right?