AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  ATP Presents: Albums That Changed My Life with Handguns (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2909032)

Drew Beringer 10/02/12 01:34 PM

ATP Presents: Albums That Changed My Life with Handguns
 
Alter The Press sat down with Taylor Eby of Handguns to discuss the albums that changed his life.

brandon_260 10/02/12 01:35 PM

Angst changed my life

Archael 10/02/12 01:39 PM

mediocre band

ConnorCorruptNJ 10/02/12 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandon_260 (Post 113731462)
Angst changed my life


agreed.

MrGlanthor 10/02/12 01:55 PM

Never thought he would be into Coheed

Erik the Orange 10/02/12 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandon_260 (Post 113731462)
Angst changed my life

You don't have to be so sensitive!

Thomas Nassiff 10/02/12 02:03 PM

i was listening to this new album earlier and it literally put me to sleep. when i say that, i mean it made me tired and caused me to take a nap.

phaynes1 10/02/12 02:17 PM

This album is, like, REALLY bad guys.

DylanPPPP 10/02/12 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archael (Post 113731672)
mediocre band

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 113733012)
i was listening to this new album earlier and it literally put me to sleep. when i say that, i mean it made me tired and caused me to take a nap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaynes1 (Post 113733692)
This album is, like, REALLY bad guys.


GET BENT!

StephenYoung 10/02/12 02:33 PM

XD

guitarguy211 10/02/12 02:57 PM

Wouldn't have expected Senses Fail, Counting Crows, or Coheed.

phaynes1 10/02/12 03:29 PM



Truly delivers the lols.

Zac Djamoos 10/02/12 03:43 PM

The Starting Line, cool.

But Let it Rnfold You is one of the worst albums ever.

Mr Hox182 10/02/12 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Nassiff (Post 113733012)
i was listening to this new album earlier and it literally put me to sleep. when i say that, i mean it made me tired and caused me to take a nap.


Thank you for that explanation, good sir.

RyanGarner 10/02/12 04:38 PM

I love that Coheed is on here.

justbradley 10/02/12 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaynes1 (Post 113736952)


Truly delivers the lols.

Oh god, yes. This guy normally has pretty quality reviews, but this one just made me laugh the whole through. "Angst is the best album all year, guys!1!1!1!1!11!!!1!" I couldn't contain my laughter.

phaynes1 10/02/12 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justbradley (Post 113746622)
Oh god, yes. This guy normally has pretty quality reviews, but this one just made me laugh the whole through. "Angst is the best album all year, guys!1!1!1!1!11!!!1!" I couldn't contain my laughter.


Idk I watched two more for lols and they were just as terrible.

Sakarazu 10/02/12 06:32 PM

10/10/10 AOTY every year cmon guys they reinvented every genre hip hop will never be the same life will never be the same GET BENT

Erik the Orange 10/02/12 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakarazu (Post 113746832)
10/10/10 AOTY every year cmon guys they reinvented every genre hip hop will never be the same life will never be the same GET BENT

Get Ben(t)!

schlotty 10/02/12 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaynes1 (Post 113736952)


Truly delivers the lols.

is this jake denning

justbradley 10/02/12 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaynes1 (Post 113746792)
Idk I watched two more for lols and they were just as terrible.

The ones I've seen were pretty good, but this one is just awful, yet hilarious.

donwagenblast 10/02/12 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandon_260 (Post 113731462)
Angst changed my life

for worse?

truthbetoldxx 10/02/12 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaynes1 (Post 113736952)


Truly delivers the lols.

this is so great

grffthmsft629 10/03/12 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaynes1 (Post 113736952)


Truly delivers the lols.


Really? is this kid serious. This album is a mediocre cheesy pop punk album that stands out in no way shape or from. Nor does it even come close to how good USAD and The Upsides are. Shows what happens when kids who have no idea what good pop punk is review pop punk albums. Not to mention Early Retirement is the worst song on the album, and its somehow its his favorite. I just dont understand

Sic Transit Zeb 10/03/12 10:34 AM

If I was 16 I would of loved Angst. Band needs to mature a little bit. Musically they sound pretty good on some songs though.

Sic Transit Zeb 10/03/12 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grffthmsft629 (Post 113763242)
Really? is this kid serious. This album is a mediocre cheesy pop punk album that stands out in no way shape or from. Nor does it even come close to how good USAD and The Upsides are. Shows what happens when kids who have no idea what good pop punk is review pop punk albums. Not to mention Early Retirement is the worst song on the album, and its somehow its his favorite. I just dont understand


USAD is amazing. Love that album.

Trashcore 10/03/12 12:30 PM

Senses fail explains the cheesy lyrics. Honestly I love handguns, but they're that band that I'm embarrassed to listen around with people because of how fucking cheesy and lame the lyrics are. Regardless of cheese, I hope he kills you is a great fucking song. I just wish he would ghost write his lyrics with someone who wasn't so mediocre in story telling.