AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Get Limited Edition Punch On Cassette Tape (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2914262)

Dre Okorley 10/07/12 05:32 PM

Get Limited Edition Punch On Cassette Tape

You can purchase Punch on cassette through Nerdcore Records here, which includes songs from the demo tape, the Eyeless 7", the s/t LP and the songs from the split 7" w/ Loma Prieta, the Comadre mixtape, and the Rain Fest CS. They are limited to 100.

hibbityhoo 10/07/12 05:37 PM

Stupid idea. Cassette is the worst format ever.

Dre Okorley 10/07/12 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibbityhoo (Post 113936442)

Stupid to you and other users, but some people -- myself included -- love it. It doesn't hurt you in any way, and they will definitely sell.

WhatJulianSaid 10/07/12 07:08 PM

meh it's from europe, don't wanna pay that much

StephenYoung 10/07/12 08:34 PM

Quote:

lol no shut up

StepsInADance 10/07/12 09:28 PM

Quote:

Nah you're just wrong.

Eurotrash Drock 10/07/12 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dre Okorley (Post 113938032)
Stupid to you and other users, but some people -- myself included -- love it. It doesn't hurt you in any way, and they will definitely sell.

yeah, but honestly - how often and why do you listen to cassettes? is it for nostalgia? its certainly cant be for audio quality or convenience...?

IWasHerHorse 10/07/12 11:30 PM

Part of it is nostalgia, and I have a stereo that plays cassettes, but more than that it's just cool. It doesn't have to be convenient because it's art. There's no utilitarian reason anyone should feel connected to an album for anything besides the music, but I (and others) do.

Also they're cheap to make and sell.

cherrycokewhore 10/08/12 06:38 AM

Quote:

Since everyone else here is just plain silly, I'm going to back you on this one: Cassette tapes are absolutely fucking stupid and a huge inconvenience. You can't skip tracks. They get eaten by tape decks. They sound like shit. Growing up using cassette tapes has made me only appreciate CDs and DMPs even more. I have to say even a complete shit format like mp3s are better than cassettes.

IWasHerHorse 10/08/12 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrycokewhore (Post 113950762)
Since everyone else here is just plain silly, I'm going to back you on this one: Cassette tapes are absolutely fucking stupid and a huge inconvenience. You can't skip tracks. They get eaten by tape decks. They sound like shit. Growing up using cassette tapes has made me only appreciate CDs and DMPs even more. I have to say even a complete shit format like mp3s are better than cassettes.

Serious question: Do you feel the art you enjoy and support should be convenient and accessible for your lifestyle?

Dre Okorley 10/08/12 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IWasHerHorse (Post 113948322)
Part of it is nostalgia, and I have a stereo that plays cassettes, but more than that it's just cool. It doesn't have to be convenient because it's art. There's no utilitarian reason anyone should feel connected to an album for anything besides the music, but I (and others) do.

Also they're cheap to make and sell.

Thank you! I don't appreciate being called "silly" over listening to cassettes either, and it makes people who strictly listen to vinyl come off as elitist and angry. I don't criticize that, so why criticize this? I have a right to appreciate tapes if I want to, quit getting fucking weird about it and let people be.

truthbetoldxx 10/08/12 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dre Okorley (Post 113951242)
Thank you! I don't appreciate being called "silly" over listening to cassettes either, and it makes people who strictly listen to vinyl come off as elitist and angry. I don't criticize that, so why criticize this? I have a right to appreciate tapes if I want to, quit getting fucking weird about it and let people be.

/thread