AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Further Seems Forever Release "Rescue Trained" Lyric Video (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2915272)

Kobrakai09 10/08/12 05:18 PM

Horrible mix, awesome song.

BigAl 10/08/12 05:19 PM

I'm really looking forward to this record.

cbronder1 10/08/12 05:42 PM

love it! can't wait to get my pre-order.

duritzfan13 10/08/12 05:48 PM

I heard they recorded this in Chris's home studio, so I'm guessing they worked without a producer? Still! It's not that hard to realize that it doesn't sound that great. The song is phenomenal though, so I'm trying my best to get past the mix..

StarsXReflect 10/08/12 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duritzfan13 (Post 113965752)
This song is so awesome, but I'm not a fan of the mix. The vocals are so low in the mix to me, and just the quality over all is not very pleasing to listen to. That being said, I can't wait for this record, and bad mix or not, this song will most likely be on repeat for a long, long time.

totally agree about the mix

kazuma_ootaro28 10/08/12 06:47 PM

What's with the shitty usage of auto-tune?

Damn, would love me some new FSF with Jason Gleason instead though.

rickjames73 10/08/12 06:48 PM

I agree the mix sounds terrible, but if you listen to the album teaser it sounds completely different maybe this is a demo or they changed it out for a crappy version on the record....or just a terrible terrible upload

Kevin_MI 10/08/12 07:03 PM

I feel like the auto tune/mix is going to ruin this record for me. Awesome song regardless

Lovewaslove 10/08/12 07:41 PM

this song

This Song is Awesome. It is exactly where the moon is down left off. The video they have for the other single is disgusting, but this song. This is the balls. I keep jamming this - I need an mp3 of this. My favorite song of the year, I can't wait for this album. Maybe is the nostalgia of it all - but Im excited. I hope the rest is like this - Fast - Loud - and musically complex

seanthethief 10/08/12 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovewaslove (Post 113984852)
Fast - Loud - and musically complex

sorry, but this is not musically complex - especially not for FSF. Listen carefully to the other three records. The two songs they've released don't hold a candle to it technically.

Not to say this new stuff isn't good (or well written), but hardly "complex" by FSF standards.

NationalProduct 10/09/12 12:32 AM

so stoked!!!! booyah!

vinnie_9 10/09/12 02:51 AM

Pretty excited for this album, sounds heaps better than the latest DC stuff that's for sure!

ibelieveinjake 10/09/12 03:17 AM

There is just something so sonically weird about the new FSF songs. Nothing to do with the arrangement, songwriting, or performance...all in the engineering. Just weird.

bloodsucker 10/09/12 03:51 AM

I was not really a FSF fan when Chris was in the band the first time around, but damn that song kills! I think I will buy this record.

RockVocalPower 10/09/12 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duritzfan13 (Post 113977302)
I heard they recorded this in Chris's home studio, so I'm guessing they worked without a producer? Still! It's not that hard to realize that it doesn't sound that great. The song is phenomenal though, so I'm trying my best to get past the mix..

JPW produced it