AbsolutePunk.net

AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forum.php)
-  News (http://www.absolutepunk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
  -  Letlive. Finish Recording, Line-Up Changes (http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2915362)

Jack Appleby 10/08/12 01:48 PM

Letlive. Finish Recording, Line-Up Changes
 
At their show last night, Letlive. announced they have finished recording their new album. The band played a shortened set due to recently parting ways with their drummer - Aric Improta of Night Verses filled in.

Jack Appleby 10/08/12 01:49 PM

So ridiculously sad I missed this show.
So ridiculously excited for new material.

Mattylikesfilms 10/08/12 01:51 PM

Sweeeeeet!

Thursdaysox 10/08/12 01:52 PM

that is awesome and sucks because I loved the drum parts in fake history. hopefully the next guy is just as good.

msulliv7 10/08/12 01:56 PM

This is sad, he was a swell guy. Very approachable at shows

ConnorCorruptNJ 10/08/12 01:58 PM

super sad but wanna see them again!

k1guitar 10/08/12 02:03 PM

wiki'd their page, they seem to be Aaron's band, so its kind of whatever

Alex DiVincenzo 10/08/12 02:16 PM

Stoked for new stuff.

eriatarka24 10/08/12 02:17 PM

Glad to know the album is done.

Deborah Remus 10/08/12 02:19 PM

Excited for new stuff, hope that means they'll make up the Winnipeg show sooner than later too.

RabidNewz 10/08/12 02:37 PM

Probably means new songs will be on the set for the tour with ETID. Stoked.

MuEmpire 10/08/12 02:39 PM

Glad about he new album, Fake History was the bomb. Hopefully the drummer is a decent replacement too.

CastlesXClouds 10/08/12 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msulliv7 (Post 113967552)
This is sad, he was a swell guy. Very approachable at shows

for sure. he signed my cd, super chill dude.

thesollopsist 10/08/12 02:43 PM

Sucks to hear the drummer left but I can't wait for the album.

thedaywedied 10/08/12 02:52 PM

Aric Improta is a killer drummer.
I'm bummed he's not on the new material, though.

phaynes1 10/08/12 03:10 PM

Awesome news. Wonder if they will be playing new songs on the UO tour.

Miketheunicycle 10/08/12 03:54 PM

who recorded the drums for their new record? stoked for this

saofan_315 10/08/12 04:05 PM

They absolutely killed it last night at the Slidebar. The new songs sounded awesome. They were really groove-heavy, but still hard and still very much Letlive.

Stormsubsides 10/08/12 04:15 PM

So. Fucking. Stoked.

trevorshmevor 10/08/12 04:35 PM

I'm really excited to hear what this record sounds like.

Jack Appleby 10/08/12 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saofan_315 (Post 113972542)
They absolutely killed it last night at the Slidebar. The new songs sounded awesome. They were really groove-heavy, but still hard and still very much Letlive.

Blehhh. I was supposed to go, but work got in the way. Glad to hear the stuff was great.

msulliv7 10/08/12 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saofan_315 (Post 113972542)
They absolutely killed it last night at the Slidebar. The new songs sounded awesome. They were really groove-heavy, but still hard and still very much Letlive.

Any mention of if they recorded a cover of James Brown or Stevie Wonder's Master Blaster? I remember seeing that in an interview on here and got really excited.

saofan_315 10/08/12 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msulliv7 (Post 113974202)
Any mention of if they recorded a cover of James Brown or Stevie Wonder's Master Blaster? I remember seeing that in an interview on here and got really excited.

No, they didn't mention this. If I knew about it I totally would have asked them about it because it sounds fantastic.

pepster50 10/08/12 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saofan_315 (Post 113972542)
They absolutely killed it last night at the Slidebar. The new songs sounded awesome. They were really groove-heavy, but still hard and still very much Letlive.


What exactly do you mean by groove-heavy? Do you mean more in the vain of "Lemon Party" and like making you want to dance? Either way am so excited to hear new music from these guys!

saofan_315 10/08/12 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepster50 (Post 113978112)
What exactly do you mean by groove-heavy? Do you mean more in the vain of "Lemon Party" and like making you want to dance? Either way am so excited to hear new music from these guys!

To paraphrase the band: "we wanted to write something that Hanz and Sven (Euro kids) can bounce to" when referencing the grooviness of the new material.

BlinkAvAfan21 10/08/12 08:00 PM

Holy shit this is great news, most anticipated for sure !

miketheauthor 10/08/12 10:23 PM

Dang. Their drummer ruled.

jesse_hitz 10/08/12 10:48 PM

LETLIVE! WOO can't wait to hear the new album. Sad their drummer is leaving he is a fantastic drummer. Hopefully they can find a suitable replacement.

BIGSALE 10/08/12 10:53 PM

finally i can not wait for this

Poochemist 10/09/12 12:14 AM

Late Nov or Dec release?? I would love to get some new Letlive this year.

GetUpAndrew 10/09/12 12:26 AM

Wow, this got me so stoked. Fake History is a killer album, hope the new stuff will be as good as this masterpiece.

PetitnaindesĪles 10/09/12 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepster50 (Post 113978112)
What exactly do you mean by groove-heavy? Do you mean more in the vain of "Lemon Party" and like making you want to dance? Either way am so excited to hear new music from these guys!

by "groove heavy", it makes me think of Glassjaw

msulliv7 10/09/12 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poochemist (Post 113996052)
Late Nov or Dec release?? I would love to get some new Letlive this year.

I think its slated for sometime in the new year. At least that's what Jason's blog has indicated.

BlinkAvAfan21 10/09/12 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedaywedied (Post 113970012)
Aric Improta is a killer drummer.
I'm bummed he's not on the new material, though.

They said they recently parted ways with him, so he might have recorded the new album.

BlinkAvAfan21 10/09/12 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlinkAvAfan21 (Post 114001152)
They said they recently parted ways with him, so he might have recorded the new album.

Improta is Night Verses' drummer, my mistake.

Jack Appleby 10/09/12 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario57 (Post 113997872)
by "groove heavy", it makes me think of Glassjaw


My buddy described the new songs as "Heavy Rage Against The Glassjaw."

TheRxBandit 10/09/12 12:39 PM

Whaaaatttt Anthony is out?! That's so disappointing, he was an incredible drummer and very sincere dude. Wonder if it was cordial...

Poochemist 10/09/12 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msulliv7 (Post 114000542)
I think its slated for sometime in the new year. At least that's what Jason's blog has indicated.

Thanks for the info!